• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 minutes ago, St1ck said:

I was conceived during the disco days. My dad was a Bee Gees fan so it's possible he was listening to "How Deep Is Your Love" when he forgot to strap up that night. 

Saturday Night Fever came out the year I graduated High School.

I remember it well but I didn't really care for it much. I was more of a Led Zeppelin guy.

So I was finally able to sit down and have a pizza at a local joint in Larchmont.  The Larchmont Village Pizzaria. I read earlier in the year that they were having issues with their landlord, due to the stupid lockdowns.  Pretty much they have been on a very limited take out menu.  Anyways, I talked to the owner and asked how their lease negotiation went.  Pretty much the landlord said fuck you, pay me or get the fuck out.  So their rent is now $18,000 a month with the prorated amount added on.  Oh, and the area where they are at for those that don't know, is upper end.  And that street alone has 30 store vacancies.  Just around the pizza place, one vacancy to the left of them.  Then two new stores to the right, then three more vacancies.  Also noticed that the Greek high end restaurant that was next to the Pizarria, they shut down 1/3 of it, and it's now part sushi or something like that and the other part is vacant.  

So all is well with small businesses and the government response to the pandemic.

12 hours ago, St1ck said:

I was conceived during the disco days. My dad was a Bee Gees fan so it's possible he was listening to "How Deep Is Your Love" when he forgot to strap up that night. 

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Saturday Night Fever came out the year I graduated High School.

I remember it well but I didn't really care for it much. I was more of a Led Zeppelin guy.

So... Jay is Stick's dad?

Who knew?

5 hours ago, cals said:

Well tell brother, tell…

Soooooo...

My unit is no longer COVID as we transitioned back to non-COVID a couple weeks ago, so we are dealing with people that are coming in for other stuff. We are allowing visitors for patients as mandated by law (we're no long allowed to have a blanket no visitor policy). One of our patients (age somewhere between 75 and 85, so a solid target for COVID) was in the hospital for an issue completely unrelated to COVID for which they would have been discharged from the hospital within about a 5-7 day stay.

Well, this patient's family visitors included a child, child-in-law and a grandkid. When we admitted the patient, one of our screens is for a COVID vaccine. The patient's child-in-law was present at the time of this screen and heard the patient being asked about that, they reacted rather belligerently and started to say that not only did they not believe in the vaccine, but demanded the RN at the time provide information to substantiate the vaccine's efficacy. The family member also was very contentious about being asked to wear a mask and had an argument with the RN (an absolutely fantastic, kind and all-around great person) about masks. They demanded that the RN provide her with peer-reviewed studies on the efficacy of masks. The family member also contested the actual concept of COVID being a threat to health.

Moving on...

Over the next 4 or so days, visitors would come and go, including the grandkid and the kid-in-law, as well as the patient's actual kid. Our policy is that guests must wear masks at all times when with patients. Frequent confrontations were had with the family over the policy, a complete headache for the staff. The kid-in-law straight up refused to wear a mask at times and the grandkid took their mask off while in the room.

Come night 5 of the stay slightly before midnight, a call comes in from the patient's child: the grandkid tested positive for COVID that evening. The patient had spiked a temp that afternoon (consistent with the admitting diagnosis) but had JUST started requiring O2 that night and showing other symptoms. The patient subsequently pops positive for COVID and is now on a moderate amount of oxygen on our COVID floor.

Dumbasses.

5 hours ago, cals said:

Well tell brother, tell…

Another one:

We had a COVID patient (unvaccinated, as is the usual), who came in and for whom we needed to get O2 for to safely discharge home. They insisted that they didn't need O2 and left before we could get it set up (which isn't all that long in this environment, the oxygen providers have moved into the medical building right next to the hospital due to the demand). The patient said that they were ok, COVID wasn't that bad and that they knew what to do because THEY WERE A VETERINARIAN.

The patient signed AMA papers and took off.

2 days later the patient came back to the hospital via EMS.

The veterinarian is now dead.