• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

from one of my friends:

FOOD FOR THOUGHT....
Just a thought for you hoarders of disaster
Of your 500 rolls of toilet paper, how many does your elderly neighbor have that can only get out 1 time a week? They won't find any on the shelf. I'm sure you can spare a 4 pack.
Of your 15 cans of Lysol did you think about that cancer patient who has a compromised immune system or did you leave a few or give them some?
Of your 100 frozen $1 pizzas did you consider the single parent that now has to feed their kids an extra meal or snack? Or will you make it for them and deliver it?
Of your 30 packs of baby wipes, what is the new mother to use? I hope you listen if someone says they are out or to the grandparents that just don't have that stuff laying around.
YOU SEE, YOUR HOARDING IS HELPING NO ONE.
Step back a moment and think about the next person who can't buy it because they are waiting on the next paycheck, waiting for a ride, or just can't get to the store.
If you are the hoarder of disaster, help someone who's life might be already shaken.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

I took over a bunch of supplies to Mrs. Irwin, an elderly neighbor.  She gave me some homemade cornbread.

Sweetest lady you'll ever meet. 

pretty good thing you did. my closest family is 800 miles away but i probably need to get involved locally. i saw way too many elderly in stores this weekend. 

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough, of all the stores ive been to the last few days, everything is cleaned out except the vegetables.

Because when everyone is worried about getting sick, why try to eat healthy shit with vitamins in it?

With the TP crisis and all you can't risk the fiber influx

Wisconsin pizza place selling toilet paper to help community struck by shortage: 'Only four per household'

Pizza and toilet paper sounds like a match made in heaven.

Stores around the country are reportedly selling out of toilet paper as people worried about quarantines due to the coronavirus outbreak attempt to stock up. One pizza place in Wisconsin saw the situation and decided to help out.

Zaronis in Oshkosh, Wisc., posted on its Facebook page that they not only had toilet paper, but were willing to sell it. Jon Doenel confirmed to Fox News that customers are able to order four rolls at the cost of $3.25.

The pizza place announced the sale on Facebook, where the company posted, "Yep....ZaRonis has toilet paper. You can order it for delivery as well. You will find it online under 'sides of sauce.' Please, only 4 per household....because that's enough to get you through until the stores restock."

Doenel said that when they started the sale on Friday, the very first customer that came in tried to order a case. "That's why we have to sell toilet paper to begin with," he said, referencing the recent news of customers stockpiling toilet paper, causing widespread shortages.

As the news of the pandemic continues to spread, more and more reports are appearing online of empty store shelves as customers stock up on supplies.

In regards to the price, Doenel isn't trying to get rich. At $3.25 for a four pack of Angel Soft, he's only slightly marked up the price in order to cover the extra work his employees have to do.

He also confirmed that while some customers have tried to order extra rolls by creating multiple orders through the restaurant's website, most have been respectful.

Doenel explained that this is just one of several things that his restaurant is doing to help its community, including organizing an event to drive supplies to a local senior center and working out plans to keep kids fed if school's close.

"If you can't be part of your community, then you're in business for the wrong reasons," he said.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/wisconsin-pizza-toilet-paper-shortage-coronavirus

Just had a briefing from our Fire guy and the County Terror Liason.

They pretty much downplayed it, for what its worth. They said this is no different from Bird Flu and some others, with rhe biggest difference this time being social media (which is a fair point... kind of where I was at a week ago).

They said there is no way to stop it, but again said that unless youre older, its not a threat, and the majority who contract it will have mild symptoms. 

Personally, I dont like that it was downplayed so much, but, hope that puts some of you at ease (if anyone needed it. Doesnt seem like anyone here is freaking out). 

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

They pretty much downplayed it, for what its worth. They said this is no different from Bird Flu and some others, with rhe biggest difference this time being social media (which is a fair point... kind of where I was at a week ago).

They said there is no way to stop it, but again said that unless youre older, its not a threat, and the majority who contract it will have mild symptoms. 

Personally, I dont like that it was downplayed so much, but, hope that puts some of you at ease (if anyone needed it. Doesnt seem like anyone here is freaking out). 

I am not sure why it is so hard for people, especially leaders, to understand that the main issue is the strain it puts on the hospitals.  And that affects people with non-virus health issues.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

That's why LBFD is wearing protective gear on every call.  Just like they did during Bird Flu (sarcasm)

31 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

No to your stupid "experts".  Panic panic panic.  

8 hours ago, angelinkc said:

pretty good thing you did. my closest family is 800 miles away but i probably need to get involved locally. i saw way too many elderly in stores this weekend. 

Northgate Market in La Habra has a separate line for those over 65. They are letting them in first thing at 6:30 am and the younger people are let in a half-hour later. You simply have to show ID and you're in first. Good move. I hope it spreads to other markets. The young and selfish hoarders need to wait. Actually, they need to get a damn life!

A suggestion for those of you stupid enough to go to the store like I did this morning (the downside of trying to eat healthy...fresh fruits and vegetables...signed up for a produce delivery service when we got home)...

don't be a fucking dick...the people working at the stores are busting their asses to keep shelves stocked with all the items you are panic buying. Walk your damn cart back to the store and don't leave it strewn all over the parking lot.

Always reminded how much I hate people when I venture out and am around them