• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The Fed just lowered the rates again to .25 0%. Insanity. 
It will be interesting if the 10 year treasury goes negative in the morning. 

I don't know about the treasuries, but the stock market looks like it's going to take a massive dive tomorrow. Could be an historic down day.

They'll shut it down if it hits 13% on the downside. Automatic rest-of-day closure. 

Hold on tight and don't panic dump your portfolio. Worst thing you could do. Trim a bit if you're scared to death but don't sell it all. Those horrible losses would be locked in forever. This thing will eventually settle down and stocks will come roaring back.

46 minutes ago, Don said:

Had a thought just now. I went on a cruise from Jan 5th to 13th. Was pretty not good on the morning of the 12th. Ran a 103 fever from the 13th to roughly 15th with no other symptoms besides a cough that lasted about a week and feeling kinda like shit. Given the international nature of those boats and the lack of testing/awareness until recently, is it possible that I/lots of others have already had this and just didn’t know? Or was that just standard ass cruise disease?

My friend has a similar situation. He lives in Chino Hills. His 10 year old came down with a bad cough and fever a while back, shortly after a number of his classmates had returned from China. They now think he may have had it. 

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Hey I just got a text mail saying that Garcetti is announcing new orders.  Yes, you read that right.  Orders. 

Also said to type yes to confirm.  Hell no I'm not going to click on that link.  

bars, movie theaters, bowling alleys, and arcades are to close. 

restaurants may stay open but only for delivery service, walk-up, or drive thru.

not allowing water or power to be turned off for now.

now allowing residents to be kicked out for not being able to pay . . . for now.

looking into the legality of not allowing commercial properties to be shut down for non-payment for now.

doesn't want to violate first amendment so he's asking churches, synagogues, and mosques to voluntarily close for now.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

bars, movie theaters, bowling alleys, and arcades are to close. 

restaurants may stay open but only for delivery service, walk-up, or drive thru.

not allowing water or power to be turned off for now.

now allowing residents to be kicked out for not being able to pay . . . for now.

looking into the legality of not allowing commercial properties to be shut down for non-payment for now.

doesn't want to violate first amendment so he's asking churches, synagogues, and mosques to voluntarily close for now.

Never in my life have I seen anything like this. Anyone who hasn't gone to a grocery store the last few days, I recommend checking it out. I went this morning to buy stuff for breakfast for son, and myself, even went a half hour before opening in case there was a line. On top of the whole no tp thing,there were no eggs, no milk. I actually feel like I lucked out,and was able to get some frozen waffles,and a couple frozen burritos to make.

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Never in my life have I seen anything like this. Anyone who hasn't gone to a grocery store the last few days, I recommend checking it out. I went this morning to buy stuff for breakfast for son, and myself, even went a half hour before opening in case there was a line. On top of the whole no tp thing,there were no eggs, no milk. I actually feel like I lucked out,and was able to get some frozen waffles,and a couple frozen burritos to make.

i thought we would have to at least elect bernie for the venezuelan experience but we have exceeded my expectations.

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

agreed. this panic buying is ridiculous and unnecessary. there's no shortage of food or supplies being produced. there's no shortage of water, either. people are losing their minds thinking we're going to run out of stuff. the only way this becomes true is because are panic buying, causing as artificial shortage.

10 minutes ago, Tank said:

mayor garcetti also emphasized no more panic buying. food and supplies are being replenished daily and having  a one week supply of food is enough.

Him saying that won’t stop panic buying. Unless they limit what people can buy we are likely to continue to see eggs, meat and so on getting scooped up first. I wasn’t alive during the gas lines but I expect them to do something similar if it comes down to it where people can only shop certain days. 

4 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Him saying that won’t stop panic buying. Unless they limit what people can buy we are likely to continue to see eggs, meat and so on getting scooped up first. I wasn’t alive during the gas lines but I expect them to do something similar if it comes down to it where people can only shop certain days. 

putting limits on quantities should have happened last week.

saw a picture today of some knucklehead with at least 15 gallon jugs of milk. that's completely unnecessary.

6 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The Target I referred to earlier said there next toilet paper delivery was at 1. They start a separate line, and only allow one person.