• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Newsom is asking bars and pubs to close, and restaurants to enact certain policies to ensure people don't come into contact with one another.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/487695-california-governor-orders-new-restrictions-on-bars-restaurants-amid

LA Mayor Eric Garcetti Will Soon Order Citywide Lockdown of Bars and Dine-In Restaurants

And this is going to be the sad result of it.  If it's down 8-20 weeks, you may have more deaths from the reaction to the virus than from the virus itself.

The complete shutdown of LA’s restaurants and bars will have a dramatic effect on life in Los Angeles, from the loss of income for restaurant and bar workers to the likely permanent closure of many establishments.

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

For those of us who don't dabble in the stock market, what does a "bad day on Wall Street" mean for us?

You don’t have a 401k?

to answer the question, nothing happens if you don’t sell.

Edited by mtangelsfan

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

A national shutdown would mean non-essential businesses close so supermarkets, drug stores, walmart, target and so on will still be open.  It's not the end of the world and as discussed it's an attempt to flatten the curve because any hospital can only accommodate so many people who need medical care.  I'm guessing all of us at one time or another have been guilty of going to work when we were a little under the weather.  Right now though it's a different story and we've already seen cases of "self quarantine" where people couldn't be bothered to follow that, they went out, found out they were positive and had put others at risk.  People can't act responsibly or stay home when they've been exposed or are flat outn sick so that's when the government steps in to prevent the situation from getting a lot worse. 

If we do something like this it should be legislated and with a definite short end date. Going to be very interesting which businesses get essential and non essential status. Can see the local pot shop being open for medicinal purposes of course. However, your local diner being closed as non essential. Is uncle sam going to shut down car factories and but allow food factories to stay open?  Sounds like the gov is gaining quite of bit of power. I believe a 35 year old working at either plant deserves to make his own choice. We can't afford 8-20 weeks of this nonsense. . We would be better off allowing the healthy to continue to produce and implement measures to help our high risk populations avoid contact until this thing ends. If the high risk self quarantine they will likely survive. I don't believe we should place high risk people under house arrest but they should stay home. Businesses and the government can offer a lot more help to them if low risk individuals continue to work and produce. I trust the average american a lot more than I trust trump or pelosi to do decide what is best.

Even if you don't dabble in the stock market you said your wife works for a school district so her pension is likely through CalPERS Or CalSTRS.  No worries though those entities have the state of CA by the short hairs and when they under perform their assumed returns which they do quite well they can just pass the difference on to taxpayers.

Hopefully once this starts to subside the fed doesn't keep rates low for too long.

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

What effect will the rate cut have on 30 year mortgages? And am I an asshole if I try to re-fi right now?

If they are going to give you a lower rate.  F em, and do it quick.  

The big worry is if this stall is really going to last a few months.  You could see a lot of defaults in loans.  You get a big enough amount, and you could see housing prices come crashing.  Depending on where the borrowers position is, this could put some borrowers underwater, and unable to refi.  

Just now, wopphil said:

What effect will the rate cut have on 30 year mortgages? And am I an asshole if I try to re-fi right now?

I don’t think there have been any mortgage backed securities written to support such a low (non-existent) federal funds rate so I’m not sure how low the rates are going to be for a refi right now. I don’t know how long it takes for something like that to get created and sold. 

21 minutes ago, wopphil said:

No. Do that shit. I’m looking into it myself tomorrow. Might as well get something out of this shit show.

Had a thought just now. I went on a cruise from Jan 5th to 13th. Was pretty not good on the morning of the 12th. Ran a 103 fever from the 13th to roughly 15th with no other symptoms besides a cough that lasted about a week and feeling kinda like shit. Given the international nature of those boats and the lack of testing/awareness until recently, is it possible that I/lots of others have already had this and just didn’t know? Or was that just standard ass cruise disease?

5 minutes ago, Don said:

Had a thought just now. I went on a cruise from Jan 5th to 13th. Was pretty not good on the morning of the 12th. Ran a 103 fever from the 13th to roughly 15th with no other symptoms besides a cough that lasted about a week and feeling kinda like shit. Given the international nature of those boats and the lack of testing/awareness until recently, is it possible that I/lots of others have already had this and just didn’t know? Or was that just standard ass cruise disease?

Sounds like you're Patient Zero in the U.S. Thanks a lot, Don!

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Sounds like you're Patient Zero in the U.S. Thanks a lot, Don!

I do what I can. That said, the first case in my county didn’t show up until like last week, and I shake a lot of hands.