• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

29 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've got an earthquake kit with supplies that I replenished in the last year because the prior supplies expired after 5 years.  I'm also OCD and when I shop when something is on sale I buy extra and freeze it and also have canned goods like soup/veggies/chili that I keep in the pantry that I check the dates on and eat or donate before they go bad but also replenish.  We've got enough food/water to keep us going for weeks but in a real situation where you rely on that the bigger issue is what other desperate people do but hopefully that's a bridge we never have to cross.  Everyone is wired differently but I've always operated under the assumption that I'd rather have and not need than need and not have.  If anything good comes from this it's that people will take preparation more seriously but to me having supplies for an emergency and something basic like regularly washing your hands are no brainers.  It just makes me wonder how much worse the flu and similar diseases/viruses are because of common sense things like washing your hands, sneezing into your elbow or a tissue, etc. that a lot of dirty adults apparently have to be taught.  If adults aren't doing it you know damn well their kids aren't either. 

Don't make me do it.

35 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Where wed really be screwed would be in a worse situation, like major earthquake, is losing power.... 

I know some people go all out with generators, but the majority dont. How many keep a decent amount of cash at the house? 

As you head east since people in most of the rest of the country deal with hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. they're better prepared and likely to have generators along with emergency supplies.  When Sandy hit we had workers on the east coast who were without power for days and ended up getting generators after that.  I'm sure in some of the more rural areas of CA people have generators especially on farms but I imagine a very small percentage in the suburbs, San Fran, LA, etc. have one.  If power is out long enough then any food in fridges/freezers eventually turns into a science experiment.  As far as cash goes if enough people are without power long enough perishable goods will be either bought or stolen and once those are gone the value of cash pretty much goes to zero.  Sure someone could sell everything and hoard cash but if things don't get fixed that cash is as valuable as paper you use to get a fire going.  Ultimately in a situation like that that's when the government has to step up to fix things like restoring power, quell fears and keep the peace.

Went to my local Costco about a half hour before opening, and there was already a line of roughly 400 people. This store is typically slow by Costco standards, because there is another one just a few miles away. They sold out of toilet paper before I even got in the store. Once they created a separate line for the people buying bottled water, it was pretty easy to navigate, so I could grab my essential items, like 4 cases of beer.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

Wife saw a news story this morning about people breaking into others homes and stealing their tp, and only their tp.

It's sold out everywhere. Even on Amazon. I have enough for a few weeks, but just ordered some tissue on Amazon just in case.

3 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

It's sold out everywhere. Even on Amazon. I have enough for a few weeks, but just ordered some tissue on Amazon just in case.

Wife just saw a 12-pack of tp on amazon for $45. 
Get your emergency supplies in order, folks. When the big one hits, it’s going to be brutal.

4 hours ago, red321 said:

If anything this has to be a lesson in preparedness. Should always have a minimum of two weeks food stored safely. Water as well. Buy some water tanks, put some preservative in, and they are good for two years. Stack a few cases of drinking water. Basic medical supplies and cleaning supplies. Flashlights, etc.  Take a corner of your garage and store it all there. Check on it every few months, donate older food items and restock. Store some clothes and shoes there as well.

website that outlines how and what  you can do it over a few months if need be  

https://www.ready.gov/kit

Spouse and I each have emergency kits in car with walking shoes for both of us and first aid kit. If we are away from house and something goes down and we have to walk, we can. 

oh, and apparently shitloads of toilet paper...need to add that to the list. 

This isn't very helpful if you live in a one-bedroom apartment.