• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Just read that 1,000 National Guard troops will be deployed across several states to keep order.

They should bring some toilet paper to folks or we're going to have civil unrest and things are going to get ugly. There's like none left at this point. The OCD with this item is off the charts. Mass insanity and who would ever guess it would be over toilet paper. Sheesh.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Just read that 1,000 National Guard troops will be deployed across several states to keep order.

They should bring some toilet paper to folks or we're going to have civil unrest and things are going to get ugly. There's like none left at this point. The OCD with this item is off the charts. Mass insanity and who would ever guess it would be over toilet paper. Sheesh.

2636D64C-3289-4132-938B-A7E7E537F235.jpeg

I went to a class this morning and before sprouts opened at 7 there was a line out front.  Then there was a line at target before they opened at 8.  Once they both opened it wasn't like there were still people lined up out the door but target looked like it was black Friday before they opened.  I stopped at sprouts to grab a few things after class and the guy working said they did 4x their normal Friday sales yesterday and on Wednesday or Thursday they did more than they did at Thanksgiving.  I can't imagine how bad it would get in a real crisis and that's when living in a densely populated area will backfire. 

Went to local Ralph's late last night.  Zero onions (White, Brown, Red).  Zero Cilantro. Soup isle cleaned out. 

This morning drove to Mother's market.  On the way saw people lined up outside the Ralph's,  a Trader Joe's and Costco.  The line for Costco went completely around the block at 8:30.  I think they don't open until 10:00?

At Mother's there was a long line to check out, but no line outside.  No milk or bread available.  Drove to Diana's market to get tortillas, only one pack of yellow corn left, but they said that more would be available later today.

I agree that things would be really ugly if this was an Earthquake scenario.

2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

I agree that things would be really ugly if this was an Earthquake scenario.

If anything this has to be a lesson in preparedness. Should always have a minimum of two weeks food stored safely. Water as well. Buy some water tanks, put some preservative in, and they are good for two years. Stack a few cases of drinking water. Basic medical supplies and cleaning supplies. Flashlights, etc.  Take a corner of your garage and store it all there. Check on it every few months, donate older food items and restock. Store some clothes and shoes there as well.

website that outlines how and what  you can do it over a few months if need be  

https://www.ready.gov/kit

Spouse and I each have emergency kits in car with walking shoes for both of us and first aid kit. If we are away from house and something goes down and we have to walk, we can. 

oh, and apparently shitloads of toilet paper...need to add that to the list. 

13 minutes ago, red321 said:

If anything this has to be a lesson in preparedness. Should always have a minimum of two weeks food stored safely. Water as well. Buy some water tanks, put some preservative in, and they are good for two years. Stack a few cases of drinking water. Basic medical supplies and cleaning supplies. Flashlights, etc.  Take a corner of your garage and store it all there. Check on it every few months, donate older food items and restock. Store some clothes and shoes there as well.

website that outlines how and what  you can do it over a few months if need be  

https://www.ready.gov/kit

Spouse and I each have emergency kits in car with walking shoes for both of us and first aid kit. If we are away from house and something goes down and we have to walk, we can. 

oh, and apparently shitloads of toilet paper...need to add that to the list. 

No 

17 minutes ago, red321 said:

Sounds like my camping/hiking supplies.

13 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I was at Albertsons yesterday and the onions were gone, too.  Why onions?

Same thing at sprouts zero onions so I stopped in at smart n final because onions were one of like five things on my list and again no onions.  Half the cold section was empty at smart n final and most the meat, pastas, pasta sauces and of course toilet paper were all out. 

I figure after the panic buying starts to subside people are going to have so much food at home that maybe it will ease up a bit.  If anything maybe it will force some people to eat healthier.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I figure after the panic buying starts to subside people are going to have so much food at home that maybe it will ease up a bit.  If anything maybe it will force some people to eat healthier.

I finally submitted and stocked up yesterday. I did my best to make sure whatever i bought was something id eventually eat anyway. (Things like canned soup, and chilli)(which when i got home with like ten cans of chilli, really made me wonder what the hell i was thinking when the TP runs out).

Like red said above, its a good idea to be prepared anyway. Kicking myself. Was putting a list together on amazon after the holidays for a little doomsday prep, but got cheap and lazy. Now all the stuff is sold out. Oh well. It will be back in stock at some point. 

And also, per red, i figure its not a bad idea to have some stuff on hand, and when its getting close to its due date to give it a food bank. 

4 hours ago, yk9001 said:

This toilet paper thing is too weird

My wife decided now’s the time to get a bidet. She’s wanted one for awhile, ever since her friend from France said...if you got shit on your hands, would you just wipe it off with a towel. So she decides, now’s the time. 

all gone. Lowe’s, Home Depot, local ace...

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

My wife decided now’s the time to get a bidet. She’s wanted one for awhile, ever since her friend from France said...if you got shit on your hands, would you just wipe it off with a towel. So she decides, now’s the time. 

all gone. Lowe’s, Home Depot, local ace...

How good are your macgyver skills? 

chrome-white-rinse-ace-side-sprayers-4304-31_1000.jpg

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Like red said above, its a good idea to be prepared anyway. Kicking myself. Was putting a list together on amazon after the holidays for a little doomsday prep, but got cheap and lazy. Now all the stuff is sold out. Oh well. It will be back in stock at some point. 

And also, per red, i figure its not a bad idea to have some stuff on hand, and when its getting close to its due date to give it a food bank.

I've got an earthquake kit with supplies that I replenished in the last year because the prior supplies expired after 5 years.  I'm also OCD and when I shop when something is on sale I buy extra and freeze it and also have canned goods like soup/veggies/chili that I keep in the pantry that I check the dates on and eat or donate before they go bad but also replenish.  We've got enough food/water to keep us going for weeks but in a real situation where you rely on that the bigger issue is what other desperate people do but hopefully that's a bridge we never have to cross.  Everyone is wired differently but I've always operated under the assumption that I'd rather have and not need than need and not have.  If anything good comes from this it's that people will take preparation more seriously but to me having supplies for an emergency and something basic like regularly washing your hands are no brainers.  It just makes me wonder how much worse the flu and similar diseases/viruses are because of common sense things like washing your hands, sneezing into your elbow or a tissue, etc. that a lot of dirty adults apparently have to be taught.  If adults aren't doing it you know damn well their kids aren't either.