• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

19 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I bet kc could suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

2 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Probably if I tried. Im betting you or UTH probably done it.

My comments assume there was no current cases of influenza in a 1000 mile radius. I wouldnt expect you to walk outside if common colds were in the air

2 hours ago, notherhalo said:

I wasnt worried about publicly avoiding Chinese people, covering my face in front of them.  Its still politically safe to offend Asians any way you want.

Italian Italians.... not too worried, Italian Americans, might be a little harder.   Its going to get ugly when we are discriminating against more politically sensitive classes.

God help us all if Texans have a big spike.

But then again,....

In all seriousness, it is sad the paranoia that is occurring. Precautions are good but have gone too far. The economic impact won't harm most of us but the poor are going to be hit hard if this continues.  We do need level headed Americans to bring a voice of reason and stop the cancellation paranoia. Sports and large events today could soon become curfews or restricting individuals freedom to worship or gather at the local bar.

2 hours ago, notherhalo said:

I wasnt worried about publicly avoiding Chinese people, covering my face in front of them.  Its still politically safe to offend Asians any way you want.

Italian Italians.... not too worried, Italian Americans, might be a little harder.   Its going to get ugly when we are discriminating against more politically sensitive classes.

This is true, imagine the outrage if we had a black people virus

It has now become biblical. Eve sharing the forbidden virus.

First U.S. person-to-person coronavirus transmission was from woman to husband

A woman who traveled from China to Illinois in mid-January likely transmitted the novel coronavirus to her husband through "prolonged, unprotected contact," according to research released Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/report-first-us-person-to-person-coronavirus-transmission-was-from-woman-to-husband/ar-BB117eAa?ocid=spartandhp

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

It has now become biblical. Eve sharing the forbidden virus.

First U.S. person-to-person coronavirus transmission was from woman to husband

A woman who traveled from China to Illinois in mid-January likely transmitted the novel coronavirus to her husband through "prolonged, unprotected contact," according to research released Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/report-first-us-person-to-person-coronavirus-transmission-was-from-woman-to-husband/ar-BB117eAa?ocid=spartandhp

Thats how gwenyth paltro started it in contagion! Same states even!

4 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Liberty and life are not without risk. Grandpa didn't storm Iwo Jima for his family to lock themselves in the basement over a flu bug. 

Grandpa's odds of being killed had to be higher at Iwo Jima, right?  

But on the other hand, did his actions put others at a greater risk?

Just now, Slegnaac said:

Grandpa's odds of being killed had to be higher at Iwo Jima, right?  

But on the other hand, did his actions put others at a greater risk?

My point is that many have risked their lives for us to live freely. We owe it to them to live as free people should and not in constant fear. I get worries and concerns but the leagues and people on this board are going a bit overboard.

We are free but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be smart about it.  I'm not concerned about getting the virus for my wife or I because of our ages and overall healthy but I'm extremely concerned if my mom were to get it because she's over 60, not in good shape and seems to always have something going on with a cough/cold so her immune system is not strong.  I'm most concerned with people panicking and a government that has been dropping the ball.  I stopped at Trader Joe's to get a few things and they were slammed with every register open and out of quite a few items.  Right now things are fine but if they were to get bad they could get bad quick especially living in the Greater Los Angeles area with almost 19M people.  Again I think our government is looking at Italy who has flat out warned the US and other countries what not to do which is to underestimate the virus because no healthcare system in any country can support even 5% of the population needing a hospital bed.