• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

19 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

As of right now, there are 423 confirmed cases in the US, out of a country of more than 330 million people. Person-to-person spread has accounted for 29 of these cases, or just under seven percent. 

18 hours ago, Lhalo said:

688 as of this post. 236 from this weekend alone according to The NY Times. 

18 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Less than 700 cases out of 330 million people. It's an epidemic.

6 hours ago, Lhalo said:

730 cases now as of this post. 

19 hours since Vegas said 423 cases. NY Times is now reporting 955 cases. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/coronavirus-us-cases.html

The US response was pretty craptastic couple that with failed tests and like others have said I imagine the actual number of infected is quite a bit higher.  It's not the end of the world but people acting like it's an inconvenience are myopic.  There was a story of a family that was supposed to be in self quarantine where the dad took his daughter to a father daughter dance: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/father-coronavirus-patient-broke-quarantine-took-other-daughter-dance-n1153586

If people who are supposed to lay low can't what can we expect if it really took off?  Self quarantines are just that and as the article discusses that family isn't the only case of someone not following the self quarantine which has put others at risk.

15 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

It is like some of our board members have no ability to reason, to understand that numbers can grow exponentially, and quickly.

Or seem to be ignoring the fact the US is way behind on testing so it's likely the number is higher, and potentially significantly

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

@Angel Oracle can't understand all this over just the flu!!!

I never said anything about Italy, China, Japan, Iran, etc.    I even agree that where a known positive test is resulting, that place needs to be quarantined.   I myself would not even think of taking a cruise at this time.

I was referring mainly to shutting down events (like San Francisco) and having teams play in empty facilities.   Isn't that uncharted territory for America, since the end of WWII?

Plus, why is this being treated so differently from the flu, which had affected at least 13 million Americans in the 2019-2020 period as of January 22, 2020?     https://www.contagionlive.com/news/cdc-reports-13-million-flu-cases-thus-far-in-201920-season

Is it really wise to shut down every big public gathering in the country?

I do agree it was stupid to curtail the research into coronaviruses four years ago.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Tank said:

this is the most accurate thing i'll read on this message board today.

CDC recommendation for hand sanitizers.

https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html

But if soap and water are not available, using a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol can help you avoid getting sick and spreading germs to others. 

Main ingredient of Drakkar Noir?  Alcohol.  

AO doesn't realize he is an at risk age catagorey. If you were born between the Roosevelt and Eisenhower years you are dancing with the devil himself with this virus. It's like the magic eraser for Boomers and their parents. I'm in fairly good health but my Mom is one cough away from getting wasted by this. That is one of the reasons I am visiting her next week. She has a bucket list and I intend on seeing she checkmarks off a few of the important things. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I saw a video that explained how soap destroys the fatty lining of the virus and pretty much obliterates it. 

Antibacterial soap doesn't fuck around.

When I was a kid I tried putting some on my butthole and almost died because it fucked up all the anal bacteria that's apparently supposed to be there. I learned a hard lesson that day.

32 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

AO's worlds are colliding

IRVINE, CA – The Big West Conference today announced that this week’s men’s and women’s basketball tournament will be played without spectators as a precaution for preventing the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

like anyone's going to notice?

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was at jail earlier. Intake was full, mainly because when the rain comes, the transients go out of their way to be arrested. So its like this mad house of crazy fuckers yelling at the air.

You step back and observe..... and wonder how outbreaks dont occur more often.

Sadly cov-19 might be the answer to the homeless problem.