• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

2 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

So stop bitching. You're being asked to sit on your couch for a couple months, and binge watch television. They are trying to flatten the curve, and not overwhelm hospitals. Stop acting like your some kind of victim. Do you're fucking part so we can hopefully get passed this, and the unemployed can get back to work.

I looked at the list again and can still play badminton so I guess I’m good now. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I honestly don’t know how serious a problem going to the beach on a hot day is in terms of transmission.  We’ll see I guess.  They still don’t seem to understand a lot about the virus.  *hopefully* it turns out that it doesn’t survive well in hot weather.  

but I think it’s really a problem that we have so many people that just can’t abide public health orders.  And go on and on with ridiculous hyperbole about tyranny and their liberties being stolen.  We’re objectively talking about not being able to do purely leisure activities at will.  Not banned.  Some restrictions.  Short term.  The movie theater is closed.  The ball park is closed.  The salon is closed.  Sitting in the restaurant is closed.  Parks are closed I guess. 

you can go get take out just about everywhere.  You can go to target and buy stupid shit if you want.  You can order whatever the fuck you want online.  You can go to the bank.  You can go the store and go home and bbq.  You can go see friends and family if you want.  No one is stopping you.  Maybe it’s not the best idea but you can ! It’s difficult for me to understand why people can’t see through the bullshit of these highly ideological protestors.  Who really have stirred up all of this nonsense.  

you know during the time of the god founders.  None of them had a problem with public quarantines.  That shit happened then.  Not infrequently.  We have an extremely warped sense of entitlement that people confuse with freedom.  You should feel some sense of duty to the well being of your community and your neighbors that does occasionally require some minor concessions vs. freely doing whatever the fuck you want at anytime.  This is basically unprecedented shit.  I think that a lot of people have responded very, very poorly.  It’s really too bad. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I honestly don’t know how serious a problem going to the beach on a hot day is in terms of transmission.  We’ll see I guess.  They still don’t seem to understand a lot about the virus.  *hopefully* it turns out that it doesn’t survive well in hot weather.  

but I think it’s really a problem that we have so many people that just can’t abide public health orders.  And go on and on with ridiculous hyperbole about tyranny and their liberties being stolen.  We’re objectively talking about not being able to do purely leisure activities at will.  Not banned.  Some restrictions.  Short term.  The movie theater is closed.  The ball park is closed.  The salon is closed.  Sitting in the restaurant is closed.  

you can go get take out just about everywhere.  You can go to target and buy stupid shit if you want.  You can order what the fuck you want online.  You can go to the bank.  You can go the store and go home and bbq.  You can go see friends and family if you want.  No one is stopping you.  Maybe it’s not the best idea but you can ! It’s difficult for me to understand why people can’t see through the bullshit of these highly ideological protestors.  Who really have stirred up all of this bullshit.  

you know during the time of the god founders.  None of them had a problem with public quarantines.  That shit happened then.  Not infrequently.  We have an extremely warped sense of entitlement that people confuse with freedom.  You should feel some sense of duty to the well being of your community and your neighbors that does occasionally require some minor concessions to freely doing whatever the fuck you want at anytime.  This is basically unprecedented shit.  I think that a lot of people have responded very, very poorly.  It’s really too bad. 

I can appreciate this argument but these are not “minor concessions”. 36 million people suddenly out of work means it’s not minor. Local jurisdictions should have more say in how they plan to reopen. These blanket orders that cover a whole state are not necessary as every county has different issues. As far as the curve in California, it’s flattened. Remove NY out of the equation and it doesn’t look near as dreadful

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can appreciate this argument but these are not “minor concessions”. 36 million people suddenly out of work means it’s not minor. Local jurisdictions should have more say in how they plan to reopen. These blanket orders that cover a whole state are not necessary as every county has different issues. As far as the curve in California, it’s flattened. Remove NY out of the equation and it doesn’t look near as dreadful

Look man, it’s too bad people are out of work.  This is in part a consequence of the massively service based economy that we have now.  That’s another discussion.  But this stuff is inconsequential.  Nobody needs to get sick working at the goddamn PF Chang’s.  Most workers don’t want that.  We have a society that offers almost no protection to workers.  We’ve all seen the numbers about how most Americans can’t afford a $400 dollar unexpected expense.  That’s a societal ill.  That’s the real problem here.  That we’re having a freak out over a few months of people needing to stay home so that lives can be spared.  Fortunately even with our almost non existent social safety net many people will get unemployment as is right.  This is a crisis.  But we still see people pissing and moaning that oh no.  Some people might make more then what they make working.  Again, another fucking problem.  

Anyway, Stay home let this shit pass or at least let there be a grasp on how this all works.  They’ll open shit up as quickly as possible.  There’s no benefit to locking down longer then necessary.  I’m not a fan of Cuomo. But he did have a good quote.  The economy can come back.  It will.  When people die that’s it.  They’re dead.  You don’t need that explained.  Unnecessary gatherings prolong this, or at least have the potential to.   Just stop fighting it.  Please. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

27 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

So stop bitching. You're being asked to sit on your couch for a couple months, and binge watch television. They are trying to flatten the curve, and not overwhelm hospitals. Stop acting like your some kind of victim. Do you're fucking part so we can hopefully get passed this, and the unemployed can get back to work.

You started off so well

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I’m on my second pour so I’m feeling a little extra bitter about shit right now 

DE95B138-F095-42A3-BF17-ED77DF25090D.jpeg

Strangely, for as much whiskey and bourbon that I have had, I don't think I have ever had that one. And I see it all the time.

Just now, Brandon said:

Strangely, for as much whiskey and bourbon that I have had, I don't think I have ever had that one. And I see it all the time.

It’s made by Beam. It’s a little hot but a long, smooth finish which I like 

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Why not shut down PF Chang’s every year for flu season then?  No worker should risk getting the kung flu but it’s acceptable as a society to risk them catching the flu and other types of coronavirsues. It’s flawed logic. 

And seriously...stay inside until this passes? So like next year best case scenario when there is possibly a vaccine?  Or possibly forever since nobody knows if a vaccine is possible? Staying inside is not a solution. 

and the swine flu vaccine worked so well.

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Look man, it’s too bad people are out of work.  This is in part a consequence of the massively service based economy that we have now.  That’s another discussion.  But this stuff is inconsequential.  Nobody needs to get sick working at the goddamn PF Chang’s.  Most workers don’t want that.  We have a society that offers almost no protection to workers.  We’ve all seen the numbers about how most Americans can’t afford a $400 dollar unexpected expense.  That’s a societal ill.  That’s the real problem here.  That we’re having a freak out over a few months of people needing to stay home so that lives can be spared.  Fortunately even with our almost non existent social safety net many people will get unemployment as is right.  This is a crisis.  But we still see people pissing and moaning that oh no.  Some people might make more then what they make working.  Again, another fucking problem.  

Anyway, Stay home let this shit pass or at least let there be a grasp on how this all works.  They’ll open shit up as quickly as possible.  There’s no benefit to locking down longer then necessary.  I’m not a fan of Cuomo. But he did have a good quote.  The economy can come back.  It will.  When people die that’s it.  They’re dead.  You don’t need that explained.  Unnecessary gatherings prolong this, or at least have the potential to.   Just stop fighting it.  Please. 

Being out of work is not inconsequential, I speak as one who is out of work