• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, Adam said:

In all honesty, I would love for the three of us to grab dinner. That would be fun!!

I don't know if that deserves two exclamation points. I mean one of the three that will be there will be Taylor.

34 minutes ago, red321 said:

shitty news on the hydroxychloroquine front...sucks.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hydroxychloroquine-coronavirus-treatment-study

Not an official study, but one of the larger to date in the US, hasn't gone through final peer review

There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday....

....Researchers analyzed medical records of 368 male veterans hospitalized with confirmed coronavirus infection at Veterans Health Administration medical centers who died or were discharged by April 11.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died too, but the difference between that group and usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.

Article also highlights Brazil has stopped a study into the drug due to side effects

I think there is a lot of questions with this data.  Who received hydro?  Was it just the gravely sick, or was it everyone who had symptoms?  

Also with the new revelations about the virus.  I think it's going to be vital from this point forward to determine which strain of Rona they had.  This might actually be the most important factor in this whole outbreak.  Because it seems that there are absolutely at least two prevailing strains going around.  The Asian strain and the European strain.  With the European strain being the more deadly of the two.  And the European strain apparently/estimated to be more prevalent on the East Coast, and the Asian Strain being more prevalent on the West Coast.  It could be that the Hydro has a better effect against the Asian strain per China and other Asian countries results, and not against the European strain as per seen in France and possibly this VA study.

In conclusion, we should build a wall along the Mississippi and make the East Coast pay for it.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

I don't know if that deserves two exclamation points. I mean one of the three that will be there will be Taylor.

I dropped some groceries off at my parents on Saturday. Took the canyon back and drove past the Human Bean. Lots of cars lined up. Now I wanna try it. 

2 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I'm a few pages behind, but if Brandon can call people c*nts then I want KC calling people fags and cock suckers

I'll use the word Karen from now on. Sorry I offended you.

On a side note, if someone is acting like a Karen, they should be called one and held accountable for their posts. Make fun of a dudes policies or get your hair in a bunch that they are not on your team, but making fun of a dude that lost an eye during military duty is pretty low and worth such a moniker.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

I dropped some groceries off at my parents on Saturday. Took the canyon back and drove past the Human Bean. Lots of cars lined up. Now I wanna try it. 

I haven't ventured beyond Avery, and La Paz in over a month.

Just now, Taylor said:

It's a good place. Better than Starbucks.

I lived right in that area up until recently for 6 years. I've seen probably 5-6 places try to open in that spot. Glad one finally found success. I miss having the dueling Del Tacos near me. 

Just now, Adam said:

So I love getting coffee out but I don’t get special drinks. Just coffee cream and Splenda. Still a recommend?

I'm not the right person to ask because I only get special drinks (surprise, surprise). But seeing as they have 4.5 stars on Yelp, I assume their basic coffee is good. 

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-human-bean-lake-forest

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

So I love getting coffee out but I don’t get special drinks. Just coffee cream and Splenda. Still a recommend?

I have no idea what part of MV you live in, but my favorite coffee place in the area is Choco Bean. They make a good cup of regular coffee.

https://cityofmissionviejo.org/places/dining-bakery-sweets/chocobean-coffee

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Who else lives in our area? You guys wanna come to our comedy night at the house? We had to cancel in May. We got 70 last year and were expecting 100 this year. Gonna have it when we can

I'm down. As long as none of guys have the Rona, or AIDS.

41 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I actually saw the clips of her saying these things on the news. lol 

Also, I don't pay ANY attention to Politifact.com. They're a liberal biased outlet. So I just skipped past everything you posted. Your "Facts" would be thrown out in the court of law if you used them. 

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/politifact

Clown Shoes GIFs | Tenor