• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I don't advise mass protest right now but I understand the people's frustration. I don't understand the hysteria from the crowds I mentioned. The numbers I used are not wrong. I can respect your sympathy towards leftist groups. Just very odd to see a prominent figure in a Christian company be such a strong supporter of the left. 

Prominent figure?  I’m one of 100-200 people that have 30 years with the company.  There are 50 of me in the company as it relates to my title and another 20 or so people above me.  Also it is a company made up of individuals.  They don’t discriminate based on our political or social beliefs.  I am not a strong supporter of the left.  I am an advocate for gay rights, because I am not a piece of shit, not saying you are a piece of shit.  So when you choose to spout some lie about how homosexual men die 15-20 years earlier than heterosexual men, I’ll let you know you are being ridiculous.  

Imagine being part of a company with 30,000 associates and every single one of them had to have the same political and sociological beliefs.  What a ton of nonsense.  I am positive me and Lynsi don’t share all of the exact same beliefs, but that will have no bearing on my future advancement.   

34 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Uhhhh the virus is in the air we breathe?? It’s an airborne virus

It's only airborne if someone coughs in your fucking face. Hence the social distance measures.

It's not just hanging out in the air like pollen or the odor from @Tank's cabbage boil. 

44 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Prominent figure?  I’m one of 100-200 people that have 30 years with the company.  There are 50 of me in the company as it relates to my title and another 20 or so people above me.  Also it is a company made up of individuals.  They don’t discriminate based on our political or social beliefs.  I am not a strong supporter of the left.  I am an advocate for gay rights, because I am not a piece of shit, not saying you are a piece of shit.  So when you choose to spout some lie about how homosexual men die 15-20 years earlier than heterosexual men, I’ll let you know you are being ridiculous.  

I fully support equal rights. The CDC quit tracking deaths by orientation because all the old studies said 8-20. That has improved with HIV research but the left admit 12 years now. LGBT try to blame everyone else but the numbers don't lie. Regardless of the cause they are dying younger If we are going to slam the right for spreading a flu bug we need to call out all unhealthy practices.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/02/19/research-anti-gay-stigma-shortens-lives

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/yet-another-study-confirms-gay-life-expectancy-20-years-shorter

47 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Imagine being part of a company with 30,000 associates and every single one of them had to have the same political and sociological beliefs.  What a ton of nonsense.  I am positive me and Lynsi don’t share all of the exact same beliefs, but that will have no bearing on my future advancement.   

That is a good thing. You obviously have done great for them. They seem tolerant so learn from them. 

19 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Might want to fact check yourself

K I will!

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/infection-control-recommendations.html

Mode of transmission: Current data suggest person-to-person transmission most commonly happens during close exposure to a person infected with the virus that causes COVID-19, primarily via respiratory droplets produced when the infected person speaks, coughs, or sneezes. Droplets can land in the mouths, noses, or eyes of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs of those within close proximity. Transmission also might occur through contact with contaminated surfaces followed by self-delivery to the eyes, nose, or mouth. The contribution of small respirable particles, sometimes called aerosols or droplet nuclei, to close proximity transmission is currently uncertain. However, airborne transmission from person-to-person over long distances is unlikely.

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

It’s not delivery, it’s out of stock.

The coronavirus pandemic has reportedly caused shortages on various items as people stock up on supplies as they shelter in their homes. This has created an increased demand for food items that can be stored for long periods of time without going bad.

People apparently really like pizza.

During the month of March, Americans bought $275 million worth of frozen pizza, Adweek reports. This is reportedly an increase of 92 percent from the same time period the previous year (some brands have reported increased sales of as much as 190 percent).

According to Adweek, the increase in sales of frozen pizza is comparable to the recent rush of toilet paper. As news of the coronavirus and the impending shutdowns broke, Americans apparently stocked up on toilet paper, causing an increase in sales of about 104 percent.

Ashley Lind, director of demand sciences at Conagra Brands which makes popular frozen pizza Celeste Pizza, told the outlet, “It’s not hard to imagine that many people are looking for easy, convenient solutions that are also crowd-pleasing family favorites. Also, when living in uncertain times—as many of us are right now—we’re seeing a rise in consumers turning to much-loved comfort foods. Frozen pizza checks a lot of these boxes for consumers.”

The increased demand has caused some stores to struggle to keep the freezer section stocked.

A spokesperson for Newman’s Own maker told Adweek that it doesn’t expect any major interruptions in supply in the near term, they did point that the company’s supply chain is stretched and that the supply chain’s supply chain is also stretched.

The prospect of a frozen pizza shortage caused a reaction on social media, with some users seemingly jokingly comparing it to the same issues with toilet paper or hand sanitizer.

I’m at the grocery store a couple times a week and there is plenty of frozen pizza

36 minutes ago, Adam said:

I just want you all to know that I would never participate in an orgy with anyone of you guys

1 minute ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Last couple of times that I have been, I have had my choice of multiple brands.

Interesting. 
I think I’ll continue to maintain my social distancing from all future aw events.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

I’ll have you know my cabbage farts are fragrant like roses. They’re also hypoallergenic.

I am a huge fan of cabbage.  Both red and green. 

So many uses. You can barbecue it, broil it, boil it, bake it, saute it,  shrimp cabbage, cabbage creole, cabbage gumbo, cabbage on a stick....

Speaking of which, I did have to cancel my yearly crab boil, usually do it right after Easter.  Sucks because crab is more than half the price now. 

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

It’s not delivery, it’s out of stock.

The coronavirus pandemic has reportedly caused shortages on various items as people stock up on supplies as they shelter in their homes. This has created an increased demand for food items that can be stored for long periods of time without going bad.

People apparently really like pizza.

During the month of March, Americans bought $275 million worth of frozen pizza, Adweek reports. This is reportedly an increase of 92 percent from the same time period the previous year (some brands have reported increased sales of as much as 190 percent).

I bought a few myself over the last month. I don't normally eat them but when thinking about foods I could successfully keep frozen over the next few months pizza was the first thing that came to mind.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It's only airborne if someone coughs in your fucking face. Hence the social distance measures.

It's not just hanging out in the air like pollen or the odor from @Tank's cabbage boil. 

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

Singing contributed to the outbreak in Washington state. I imagine people chanting at a rally would also be bad.

26 minutes ago, Rico said:

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

Singing contributed to the outbreak in Washington state. I imagine people chanting at a rally would also be bad.

So they sung, which likely put droplets into the air around them. Not to mention they probably sneezed as well.

No facemasks...

Again, not hanging out in the air like a fart in the wind.