• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

On 2/15/2023 at 2:03 PM, Tank said:

Looks like it’s my turn as I tested positive last night. Feels like the flu with a bad sore throat so far. 

I got COVID last year, but all that I had was a runny nose. Probably because I was vaccinated and boostered.

I haven't lived this long to die from something preventable.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

22 hours ago, Jason said:

So how was your bout with it?

first 24 hours was like having the flu - high temp and sweats/chills. after that it felt just like having a strong cold and i've felt fine. 

it affected my singing voice since it's a respiratory illness and i missed a concert this morning. should be good to go at our next appointment in two weeks.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

He's in people's prayers but not in a good way.

Honest question, when you God people say you will add someone to your prayer do you really do it?  If you do add someone to your prayer do you think it helps? Like if the more people pray about it the person's problem will get it trending on God's radar like Twitter or Google so he will take notice, step in, and actually help that person?

1 hour ago, St1ck said:

Honest question, when you God people say you will add someone to your prayer do you really do it?  If you do add someone to your prayer do you think it helps? Like if the more people pray about it the person's problem will get it trending on God's radar like Twitter or Google so he will take notice, step in, and actually help that person?

I do know you can pray the gay out of someone.

Wonder why @Taylor was a pastor?  It’s like an alcoholic becoming a bartender.

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

Yes. Jesus gave us guidance on how to pray, using the Lord’s Prayer as a model. There’s a text in Matthew 18:20 where Jesus tells His followers that when two or three are gathered in His name, He is there with them, which many people use as an admonition to pray with others. There are several other texts where we are encouraged to pray for others as well as ourselves. It’s an act of faith on our part, and not something to be treated carelessly like making bargains with God (“if you get me out this situation, God, I promise I’ll never . . .”). Several personal experiences for myself and friends have supported this. 

5 hours ago, St1ck said:

This is interesting - some evidence that supports the positive impact the power of prayer has on health outcomes: https://www.mdpi.com/2077-1444/7/1/11 

It certainly helps those who practice it, and those who know it is being practiced on their behalf, whether it works with strangers who have no knowledge of the prayer is yet to be proven (and would be a very difficult thing to study accurately). 

Is it the power of positive thinking? The placebo effect in action? God's direct intervention? The power of human to human healing? God's indirect intervention? We don't know, so your viewpoint there will be framed by your own personal faith in God, Science, Spirituality, Medicine, etc. 

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Yes. Jesus gave us guidance on how to pray, using the Lord’s Prayer as a model. There’s a text in Matthew 18:20 where Jesus tells His followers that when two or three are gathered in His name, He is there with them, which many people use as an admonition to pray with others. There are several other texts where we are encouraged to pray for others as well as ourselves. It’s an act of faith on our part, and not something to be treated carelessly like making bargains with God (“if you get me out this situation, God, I promise I’ll never . . .”). Several personal experiences for myself and friends have supported this. 

4 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

This is interesting - some evidence that supports the positive impact the power of prayer has on health outcomes: https://www.mdpi.com/2077-1444/7/1/11 

It certainly helps those who practice it, and those who know it is being practiced on their behalf, whether it works with strangers who have no knowledge of the prayer is yet to be proven (and would be a very difficult thing to study accurately). 

Is it the power of positive thinking? The placebo effect in action? God's direct intervention? The power of human to human healing? God's indirect intervention? We don't know, so your viewpoint there will be framed by your own personal faith in God, Science, Spirituality, Medicine, etc. 

I appreciate both your answers to my drunk inquiry. 

• 1 month later...

A new article came out today just for you Cals.

FDA: Vaccines Don’t Have to Prevent Infection or Transmission

Vaccines are traditionally known as drugs that prevent an illness. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for years said a vaccine is a product that “produces immunity” while vaccination is an injection of an infectious organism “in order to prevent the disease.” The agency changed its definitions after people correctly noted that COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent infection.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fda-vaccines-dont-have-to-prevent-infection-or-transmission_5217321.htm

36 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

A new article came out today just for you Cals.

FDA: Vaccines Don’t Have to Prevent Infection or Transmission

Vaccines are traditionally known as drugs that prevent an illness. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for years said a vaccine is a product that “produces immunity” while vaccination is an injection of an infectious organism “in order to prevent the disease.” The agency changed its definitions after people correctly noted that COVID-19 vaccines do not prevent infection.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fda-vaccines-dont-have-to-prevent-infection-or-transmission_5217321.htm

"Scheduling for the antibodies and Ivermectin. Pray for me guys.  I'm scared."