• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I always thought it was promoted to decrease risk of serious illness including hospitalization and death?

That was certainly said but noticeably the deaths by vaccination status are no longer touted daily. The mandate was given to stop the spread. Don’t forget the travel restrictions were more stringent on the unvaccinated as they were deemed the spreaders. The reality is we really don’t know the effectiveness of this vaccine. Survival rates were always above 99.75 % and viruses generally tend to weaken as covid has. It’s every bit as likely this is the result of covid becoming irrelevant. It is amazing how the virus seem to mutate to nothing about the time dems were losing support for covid non sense. Shit  was so weak I wouldn’t have know I had it but the wife was sick for two weeks. Our vaccination status was equal. She eats healthy and drinks nothing but water. Im fat  eat fast food 4 days a week, only drink soda ,  and smoke two packs of Marlboros a day. Either genetics are being under emphasized or nicotine does help combat the virus. The vaccine isn’t doing much

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

31 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

That was certainly said but noticeably the deaths by vaccination status are no longer touted daily. The mandate was given to stop the spread. Don’t forget the travel restrictions were more stringent on the unvaccinated as they were deemed the spreaders. The reality is we really don’t know the effectiveness of this vaccine. Survival rates were always above 99.75 % and viruses generally tend to weaken as covid has. It’s every bit as likely this is the result of covid becoming irrelevant. It is amazing how the virus seem to mutate to nothing about the time dems were losing support for covid non sense. Shit  was so weak I wouldn’t have know I had it but the wife was sick for two weeks. Our vaccination status was equal. She eats healthy and drinks nothing but water. Im fat  eat fast food 4 days a week, only drink soda ,  and smoke two packs of Marlboros a day. Either genetics are being under emphasized or nicotine does help combat the virus. The vaccine isn’t doing much

The vaccination mandates are a different issue. I was against them because I never once thought they would prevent spread. 

3 hours ago, Kotchman said:

To be fair, in AW terms, you sir are FAR from fat.  You’re KC fit and OC Dad Bod.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

I always thought it was promoted to decrease risk of serious illness including hospitalization and death?

there were also people, including biden, who said if you get the vax then you wouldn't catch covid. 

Side note, does anyone still wear a mask or required to?

I help this office out with business consulting every month or two weeks. They still require people to wear masks inside. Seems kind of nuts. Ironically, I met with one of the operations managers and she wasn't wearing one.

Our office still has mask mandates and requires daily at home rapid testing and clearance before you can enter. I haven't had to go in for two months since we got a server that can actually transfer large files at high speed. 

54 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I help this office out with business consulting every month or two weeks. They still require people to wear masks inside. Seems kind of nuts. Ironically, I met with one of the operations managers and she wasn't wearing one.

Only place that I know still requires them is doctors office/hospitals.  It's probably something that will stick, since those places have the immunocompromised and sick people mingling on a regular daily basis.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

We still wear them at the hospital. That’s just about the only place I wear a mask presently.

Health/Healthcare/Hospitals make sense, and I think some even were wearing masks before Covid (sans front desk personnel, etc.)

The office I was at was internet/web based/tech. They had a few people come and go for foot traffic, but seemed odd to have it as a requirement....especially if staff was inconsistent with it. Since they alleviated the mask restrictions it's been the only place that requires them that doesn't make sense. I remember the first time I went in there I didn't have a mask and wasn't told one was required. The lady at the front desk told me I could just put my t-shirt over my nose (lol wtf?). Someone there had an extra disposable, but just odd.

The bagel shop and a couple of coffee places I go to still require masks for their staff. I usually put one on as a sign of solidarity.

In my classes, maybe one or two students in each class wear them. 

If we do see signs of a new wave, I will probably start wearing in one class or crowded areas. It’s really no stress to do so.

I am really torn on the booster. Especially since I am vaccinated and had Covid.

visiting my mom in the hospital requires a mask these days, though no one says anything when i'm in her room and take mine off. it's a different story once i'm in one of the hallways.

at school, still more than 50% of my 7th graders wear them all day long, no matter where they are. i'm sure for some it's a security blanket sort of deal, like wearing a hoodie and pulling the hood over their head/face. 

about 25% of my 8th graders still wear one. 

11 hours ago, Tank said:

visiting my mom in the hospital requires a mask these days, though no one says anything when i'm in her room and take mine off. it's a different story once i'm in one of the hallways.

at school, still more than 50% of my 7th graders wear them all day long, no matter where they are. i'm sure for some it's a security blanket sort of deal, like wearing a hoodie and pulling the hood over their head/face. 

about 25% of my 8th graders still wear one. 

I was talking with a teacher friend of mine and how some of these kids in formative years think this is the norm.

12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Sounds like they have retarded parents.

Well, there is no doubt there are plenty of retards in society, and I already have an issue with the lack of parenting in society. But the point of conversation was children kind of born or raised with masks. My friend was telling me how some of her kids in class (she teaches a very young age, I forget what grade) were reluctant or scared to go back to normal because they were kind of programmed by society, propaganda, the media, etc. that they needed to wear masks or that they were such a young age that didn't know better and masks were all they knew.

I get it from a point that kids don't know better and follow adults lead, which we know there are some Karens and real psychos out there.

I'm sure things will be normal from them, but it was more of a psychology discussion regarding children.

51 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I was talking with a teacher friend of mine and how some of these kids in formative years think this is the norm.

It’s actually sad. I saw a video of an elementary school teacher talking about the time their mask mandate was lifted. She told the kids they could remove them and one of the 6 year old girl said she didn’t  want to because someone might think she’s  ugly. I agree with @Lhalothat the parents should feel some shame for letting it get to that point 

Just now, Jason said:

It’s actually sad. I saw a video of an elementary school teacher talking about the time their mask mandate was lifted. She told the kids they could remove them and one of the 6 year old girl said she didn’t  want to because someone might think she’s  ugly. I agree with @Lhalothat the parents should feel some shame for letting it get to that point 

Yeah, that component or how kids think was the point of the conversation. Kind of the psychological or "damage" that may have incurred.

I think there were unintended consequences or repercussions that affected kids.

But it was more or less just a high level conversation between friends and what she deals with or sees at the school level.

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well, there is no doubt there are plenty of retards in society, and I already have an issue with the lack of parenting in society. But the point of conversation was children kind of born or raised with masks. My friend was telling me how some of her kids in class (she teaches a very young age, I forget what grade) were reluctant or scared to go back to normal because they were kind of programmed by society, propaganda, the media, etc. that they needed to wear masks or that they were such a young age that didn't know better and masks were all they knew.

I get it from a point that kids don't know better and follow adults lead, which we know there are some Karens and real psychos out there.

I'm sure things will be normal from them, but it was more of a psychology discussion regarding children.

It's funny, because a friend of mine's kid was wearing masks way before the pandemic began because she has severe allergies.  When the Rona spread began, I went out with them for dinner, and they were all wearing masks.  And people were giving them funny looks.  

Then a few weeks later, well, people weren't staring at them anymore.