• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

A full year before COVID, January 1999 or thereabouts, I came down with something that started with a metallic taste in my mouth, then full-blown sore throat, worst I ever had. But the sore throat was mostly on one side. I thought I had tonsillitis. Also food tasted bad to me so my sense of taste was affected. No other symptoms to speak of like cough, sneezing, fever, etc.

I don't usually go to the doctor but after suffering with the sore throat for a week, I finally went. Doctor couldn't figure out what it was (but she was kind of a dunce, I dropped her after that). She prescribed antibiotics but it had no effect.

Sore throat lingered for like 2 weeks and finally subsided.

But even after that it took a long time to recover. My voice was different for a long time, kind of scratchy. Took awhile for food to start tasting normal.

Haven't been sick since.

Edit: 2019, not 1999

6 minutes ago, Jay said:

A full year before COVID, January 1999 or thereabouts, I came down with something that started with a metallic taste in my mouth, then full-blown sore throat, worst I ever had. But the sore throat was mostly on one side. I thought I had tonsillitis. Also food tasted bad to me so my sense of taste was affected. No other symptoms to speak of like cough, sneezing, fever, etc.

I don't usually go to the doctor but after suffering with the sore throat for a week, I finally went. Doctor couldn't figure out what it was (but she was kind of a dunce, I dropped her after that). She prescribed antibiotics but it had no effect.

Sore throat lingered for like 2 weeks and finally subsided.

But even after that it took a long time to recover. My voice was different for a long time, kind of scratchy. Took awhile for food to start tasting normal.

Haven't been sick since.

Maybe you had the OG SARS since that was 23 years ago. 

2 minutes ago, cals said:

Maybe you had the OG SARS since that was 23 years ago. 

Then a year later COVID came along and I still had that scratchy voice from whatever it was. I wondered if I could have had COVID a year before everyone else but the OG COVID was way worse than what I had. The sore throat was painful but there were no respiratory issues.

They have dismissed the Covid nurses that administered the weekly Covid testing. In their place I was handed five Covid-19 Home Antigen test kits. Any time I need to go into the office I am to self test then upload a picture of the results to verify I am Covid free before I can enter.

The laugh is that Disney Legal is on the first floor of our building and they neither wear masks or have any Covid protocols they have to follow. 

I am looking into subscribing to a high speed file transfer portal so I never have to do this bullshit. 

From a Monday around 9pm positive test (cold symptoms around 10am) to Friday around 3pm working out like normal and business as usual. Only my cousin in KC and I are the only two, that I've talked to, that had strep throat type symptoms. Everyone else had a mild cold/flu.

I bought two at home tests on Monday night. I thought I read somewhere wait three days after no symptoms to test again, is that true?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

From a Monday around 9pm positive test (cold symptoms around 10am) to Friday around 3pm working out like normal and business as usual. Only my cousin in KC and I are the only two, that I've talked to, that had strep throat type symptoms. Everyone else had a mild cold/flu.

I bought two at home tests on Monday night. I thought I read somewhere wait three days after no symptoms to test again, is that true?

It depends. I tested positive on a Wednesday and by Sunday I was negative. Some people can test positive for 90 days. It doesn’t mean they’re sick or contagious though

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

My entire family and I had the sore throat, strep symptoms when we had Covid.

That and the flat out exhaustion were the only real tough parts.

3 hours ago, Sully151 said:

My entire family and I had the sore throat, strep symptoms when we had Covid.

That and the flat out exhaustion were the only real tough parts.

No exhaustion here as I had the energy of Cals dog with a toy in his boxers. I was only tired because I couldn't sleep with the throat and am still not sure how I didn't OD on sleep meds as I was taking them four at a time every two hours or so.

Study suggests alcohol and smoking cause almost half of global cancer deaths

Alcohol, smoking and a high body mass index (BMI) are the preventable risk factors attributable to nearly half of all global cancer deaths, according to a new study funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.  

The study, published in The Lancet on Thursday, examined cancer cases from 2019 and found that 44% of cancer deaths were caused by preventable risk factors. The three leading risk factors were smoking, drinking large amounts of alcohol and having a high BMI. Both male and female patients experienced the same risk factors. 

Across the world, the study indicated that 42% of disability-adjusted life years, or healthy years an individual loses due to cancer, were also attributable to those risk factors. 

However, the risk factors did vary when adjusted for the income brackets of certain regions. For lower-income countries, unsafe sex was one of the leading risk factors, while higher-income regions experienced the original three global risk factors.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/study-suggests-alcohol-smoking-cause-almost-half-global-cancer-deaths

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Study suggests alcohol and smoking cause almost half of global cancer deaths

Alcohol, smoking and a high body mass index (BMI) are the preventable risk factors attributable to nearly half of all global cancer deaths, according to a new study funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.  

The study, published in The Lancet on Thursday, examined cancer cases from 2019 and found that 44% of cancer deaths were caused by preventable risk factors. The three leading risk factors were smoking, drinking large amounts of alcohol and having a high BMI. Both male and female patients experienced the same risk factors. 

Across the world, the study indicated that 42% of disability-adjusted life years, or healthy years an individual loses due to cancer, were also attributable to those risk factors. 

However, the risk factors did vary when adjusted for the income brackets of certain regions. For lower-income countries, unsafe sex was one of the leading risk factors, while higher-income regions experienced the original three global risk factors.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/study-suggests-alcohol-smoking-cause-almost-half-global-cancer-deaths

Hah, like I’m going to trust a study from BILL GATES that tells me something as sillily as putting things that are bad for your body into your body is bad for your body.

This is the same guy that poisoned us all with vaccines against a disease that only killed 1 million Americans in 2 year period.

Not gonna believe it.

55 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Hah, like I’m going to trust a study from BILL GATES that tells me something as sillily as putting things that are bad for your body into your body is bad for your body.

This is the same guy that poisoned us all with vaccines against a disease that only killed 1 million Americans in 2 year period.

Not gonna believe it.

Excellent point.