• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

On 3/15/2020 at 9:28 AM, Lhalo said:

I’m coming to the realization that half of the people admitted to hospitals for covid-19 need ICU treatment. This is going to overwhelm the US healthcare system within 2 weeks IMO. 

https://www.roi-nj.com/2020/03/14/opinion/life-at-the-epicenter-of-n-j-s-coronavirus-outbreak/

On 3/15/2020 at 11:28 AM, Lhalo said:

I’m coming to the realization that half of the people admitted to hospitals for covid-19 need ICU treatment. This is going to overwhelm the US healthcare system within 2 weeks IMO. 

https://www.roi-nj.com/2020/03/14/opinion/life-at-the-epicenter-of-n-j-s-coronavirus-outbreak/

Oh noes Lar, will dows hospitals bees ok with all dows sniffles?

On 3/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, Lhalo said:

Smart and Final in Irvine (I work in Irvine) was out of pasta, dried beans and of course t.p. There was plenty of water though. I drove by the Costco at The District around 10:00 and there was about a 50 person line out the door. Lots of masks. I feel like Irvine is going to ground zero for this thing with the concentrated Chinese population. We can’t work remote soon enough. 

On 7/9/2022 at 8:18 AM, Taylor said:

Losers. Mine worked.

Screenshot_20220709-071701~2.png

I see now why they're offering them. The ones I received today expire next month.

So now I have like 16 tests that expire in August.

51 minutes ago, cals said:

I love that Larry has embarrassed himself like no other in this thread and keeps coming to the plate to take his hacks.  Striking out every time but in his mind he’s hitting dingers.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:53 PM, Lhalo said:

They are trying to slow the spread down so the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed. Millions of Americans are going to contract this virus. The death rate may be low but that doesn't mean people won't get sick AF and survive. They'll need medical care as well.

1 minute ago, Sully151 said:

Well, we came home from vacation early because my son tested positive.

My daughter tested positive this afternoon and my wife just went to bed feeling like shit, but still testing negative.

I guess we will see if reinfection is a thing, since I had it in May.

Covid is stupid 

12 hours ago, Sully151 said:

Well, we came home from vacation early because my son tested positive.

My daughter tested positive this afternoon and my wife just went to bed feeling like shit, but still testing negative.

I guess we will see if reinfection is a thing, since I had it in May.

Hope you guys feel better. I think I got it coming back from San Diego last month and had the home tests and said fuck it, I don't care to know.  Was sick for a couple days and dragged myself back up again.  I am Debbie Downer to say I think reinfection will always be a thing now.  

Fauci makes surprising concession about COVID-19 vaccines

DR. FAUCI: One of the things that's clear from the data [is] that even though vaccines - because of the high degree of transmissibility of this virus - don't protect overly well, as it were, against infection, they protect quite well against severe disease leading to hospitalization and death.

And I believe that's the reason, Neil, why at my age, being vaccinated and boosted, even though it didn't protect me against infection, I feel confident that it made a major role in protecting me from progressing to severe disease. And that's very likely why I had a relatively mild course. So my message to people who seem confused because people who are vaccinated get infected - the answer is if you weren't vaccinated, the likelihood [is] you would have had [a] more severe course than you did have when you were vaccinated.