• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

38 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

This is a medical problem, not a political one. The main reason the market has been crashing the past few days is the senators have been playing politics with this virus which threatens the future of this country. The market is way up today because it appears they are getting the message and coming to an agreement. Imagine that, a compromise! 

Putting that aside, my fervent hope is we can close this thread within weeks from now and not months. 

In China today

- bars are still prohibited from opening

- masks are required to be worn outside at all times 

- mass gatherings are (obviously still banned)

Seeing as how they instituted harsher lockdowns and tighter controls, it only makes sense that we would be in it much longer.   How many responsible people would go to a baseball stadium this year?   It's going to get much worse in Mexico than here.  How will sanctuary cities feel about it. 

Regrettably there's no way this situation is over in weeks.

2 min ago

A stimulus deal could pass Congress today, negotiators signal

From CNN's Clare Foran, Manu Raju, Haley Byrd and Ted Barrett 

Top negotiators signaled on Tuesday that a bipartisan deal on a massive stimulus package to respond to the coronavirus crisis is imminent with all signs pointing to an agreement being locked in and approved by both chambers of Congress as early as later in the day.

Leaders in Congress and the Trump administration have been working for days to pass as quickly as possible a roughly $2 trillion economic stimulus package, which would include direct payments to taxpayers among hundreds of billions of dollars in other stimulus measures.

However objections from Democrats over accountability and process have prevented the legislation from advancing. But signs from leaders in both parties over the past several hours suggest that those differences are either addressed or very close to being settled — and that a final deal could move swiftly through Congress.

In an indication that a deal is nearly at hand, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said this morning, "We are very close. We are close to a bill that takes our bold Republican framework, integrates further ideas from both parties and delivers huge progress."

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi similarly signaled a deal would be finalized in the coming hours, saying today "there is real optimism that we could get something done in the next few hours," as last-minute negotiations continue.

Signs of a breakthrough come after days of drawn out and intense negotiations between congressional Republicans, Democrats and the Trump administration.

In a move that could resolve another sticking point, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who has been negotiating the deal, has agreed to an inspector general and congressional overnight for a $500 billion fund proposed for distressed companies, a senior White House official told CNN.

CNN's Kristin Wilson and Jim Acosta contributed to this report

That is what I am doing now, chilling at home but what I would really like to do is fly out to Tewksbury and throttle someone in customer service that asks for the same information over and over and never reads what I send them. I purchased a 3 year software subscription and they deactivated the account a year early and can't get it through their thick skull it was never a year by year subscription. They want me to buy another year instead of check their damn accounts receivable to see if they goofed. Obviously they could have used Percysquint, right @Adam?

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

From the IG feed of a friend and former coworker that is a nurse in New York:

Screenshot_20200324-110159_Instagram.jpg

It’s crazy that PPE is in short supply. Europe and the US are learning a hard lesson. Asian countries are used to these weird infections and  are prepared. The rest of us probably should have taken notes 

In China the pollution has been so bad that daily usage of masks by the population in congested cities is the normal. So it wasn't a stockpile issue, they already produced massive quantities in the first place. 

161219172320-beijing-china-smog-exlarge-

Much the same in Japan where mask wearing is commonplace.

13 min ago

There are now at least 48,000 coronavirus cases in the US

According to CNN Health’s tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems, there are at least 48,009 cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States. 

At least 601 people have died.

The total includes cases from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and other U.S. territories, as well as all repatriated cases.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Agreed. Im a bonafide Indepedant for that reason. I agree with both sides on various issues, think both are mouth breathing fools on others.

And neither really care about me. Or you. Some individuals in Govt do. But party wise, they only care about being the dominant party, not whats best for everyone.

I'm thinking of writing in Tulsi Gabbard in November.     At least she isn't as old as Methusula, like all of the other candidates left out there (Trump, Biden, Sanders, et al); and is truly a moderate like myself.  

24 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

13 min ago

There are now at least 48,000 coronavirus cases in the US

According to CNN Health’s tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems, there are at least 48,009 cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States. 

At least 601 people have died.

The total includes cases from all 50 states, the District of Columbia and other U.S. territories, as well as all repatriated cases.

The mortality rate seems to consistently stay around 1.2%. 

2 hours ago, notherhalo said:

In China today

- bars are still prohibited from opening

- masks are required to be worn outside at all times 

- mass gatherings are (obviously still banned)

Seeing as how they instituted harsher lockdowns and tighter controls, it only makes sense that we would be in it much longer.   How many responsible people would go to a baseball stadium this year?   It's going to get much worse in Mexico than here.  How will sanctuary cities feel about it. 

Regrettably there's no way this situation is over in weeks.

Yep. 

People need to understand, we up to this point havent even neared a Wuhan level response....

The only way to actually contain it would be to lock everyone inside. We havent, and wont be doing that. So were trying the next step... "stay inside, but if you need to run errands, stay away from each other."

Were not even getting that right.

So to expect Wuhan containment... in less time than they did, is fantasy. 

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I think the numbers are going to wildly fluctuate over the next several weeks. Those who are only mildly effected will lower them, obviously. But so will those who get deathly ill, then recover.

Like losing your legs in Ramadi, but living. "Only like 2 percent of our troops die in combat! Its not as dangerous as they make it out to be!"

The other problem is we're still in the unknown. Globally. We are in the films opening, not even into the character development yet.

17 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

That is a false stat. That is based upon cases that are still open, not those that have resolved. It's like saying Trout is batting 1.000 after one at bat but it's only the first inning. 

22 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep. 

People need to understand, we up to this point havent even neared a Wuhan level response....

The only way to actually contain it would be to lock everyone inside. We havent, and wont be doing that. So were trying the next step... "stay inside, but if you need to run errands, stay away from each other."

Were not even getting that right.

So to expect Wuhan containment... in less time than they did, is fantasy. 

I think what also scares me is that we are still 2-3 weeks from really being slammed by this in places like NYC and SF. LA is probably a week or so behind that. We haven't made it through a week of shelter in place and you can see a number of people are pushing that people should start going about their business at a time when they need to be pushing the exact opposite.

33 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think what also scares me is that we are still 2-3 weeks from really being slammed by this in places like NYC and SF. LA is probably a week or so behind that. We haven't made it through a week of shelter in place and you can see a number of people are pushing that people should start going about their business at a time when they need to be pushing the exact opposite.

People are acting like "its over"

Its been like a week

Yeah, people don't just contact the virus and suddenly die.  We'll know more in a couple of weeks. In the meantime we'll probably surpass Italy in the next week in confirmed cases (despite our shitty testing system) and they are losing 700+ people a day.