• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh trust me man, I fucking haaaaaate "Big Pharma". If I didn't have insurance or GoodRX I wouldn't be able to afford any of my meds and I'd be pretty much stuck in bed 24 hours a day, unable to work. 

Also, insurance companies can fuck themselves in their rear ends, respectfully.

I won't get too into that stuff because I support Medicare/Medicaid and SOME form of Universal Healthcare and I'm pretty certain you do not, but yeah. There's definitely overlap in our political beliefs.

I am fine with providing medical plans for retired people.  But I personally think people of working age should purchase their own insurance.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am fine with providing medical plans for retired people.  But I personally think people of working age should purchase their own insurance.

I'm only able to purchase mine because of the Tax Credits from the covid stimulus.

Biden still sucks. But I'm paying $50 a month with a $0 deductible instead of the $300 I was getting quoted under the ACA. Doesn't sound like a dramatic difference but for me it is.

I don't think "Free Healthcare" is something that can ever work in this country, but I do think significant changes can be made to benefit EVERYONE. Not just poor people.

But we're talking about the US government here so they'd fuck it up one way or another. 

Still. From a theoretical standpoint, I believe it can work. 

49 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm only able to purchase mine because of the Tax Credits from the covid stimulus.

Biden still sucks. But I'm paying $50 a month with a $0 deductible instead of the $300 I was getting quoted under the ACA. Doesn't sound like a dramatic difference but for me it is.

I don't think "Free Healthcare" is something that can ever work in this country, but I do think significant changes can be made to benefit EVERYONE. Not just poor people.

But we're talking about the US government here so they'd fuck it up one way or another. 

Well we certainly need to stop big pharma from charging Americans 10 times the price oversees. We also need to cut out all the bs Obamacare covers and free the companies to sell across state lines. The government is basically forcing insurance companies to cover a lot of shit that should be optional. We’re all paying for trans surgeries , abortions, and elective bs that isn’t basic care. Thanks Obama !These low copays allow people who really aren’t all that sick to see the doctor. Heath insurance needs to mirror car insurance a bit more. Americans need to front the a few grand before insurance kicks in. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

I used to pay about $500 a month for my family plan (4 people) with a reasonable deductible.  I would have to look up what it was but I recall it was pretty low.

When ACA passed, over the next couple of years, my premiums and deductible went crazy.

I now pay $1200 a month with a family deductible of $6000.

It is pretty hard to even view what I have as even being insurance anymore.  It is really simply me subsidizing other people’s premiums.  I don’t “qualify” for consideration.  I am the opposite.  I am viewed as the place they can grab money to pay for other people’s healthcare.

It isn’t that I want anyone to suffer.  Of course not.  But the combination of out of control health expenses and the objective to grab money where they can to cover these insane costs is pretty absurd.

I could pay over $20,000 between premiums and deductible before my “coverage” kicks in.  That’s kind of ridiculous.

25 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I used to pay about $500 a month for my family plan (4 people) with a reasonable deductible.  I would have to look up what it was but I recall it was pretty low.

When ACA passed, over the next couple of years, my premiums and deductible went crazy.

It is pretty hard to even view what I have as even being insurance anymore.  It is really simply me subsidizing other people’s premiums.  I don’t “qualify” for consideration.  I am the opposite.  I am viewed as the place they can grab money to pay for other people’s healthcare.

It isn’t that I want anyone to suffer.  Of course not.  But the combination of out of control health expenses and the objective to grab money where they can to cover these insane costs is pretty absurd.

I could pay over $20,000 between premiums and deductible before my “coverage” kicks in.  That’s kind of ridiculous.

Thank you for your service.  Hey, your other arm isn't tapped yet, I think we can get more blood out of there.  Just lie back down, this won't hurt a bit.  We have a high school guy that wants to be a doctor to tap you.  He never goes to class, and is failing out of school.  But everyone should go to college on your dime.  Is it ok if we take 4 liters?  

49 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No one should be paying a literal mortgage payment for healthcare, regardless or how many people it covers. 

Can we not agree reform is needed? I'm not saying Universal Healthcare or anything like that. I just think most of us are getting fucked by health insurance.

Obama’s plan was two fold. It was a giant payoff to the insurance companies initially. They’ll make their money in advance for playing the scapegoat for the left.  Eventually the left will demonize these companies and establish socialized medicine as the only acceptable alternative. 

11 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

No one should be paying a literal mortgage payment for healthcare, regardless or how many people it covers. 

Can we not agree reform is needed? I'm not saying Universal Healthcare or anything like that. I just think most of us are getting fucked by health insurance.

The issue is individual health insurance premiums have nothing to do with their personal individual health risks.

With car insurance the guy with multiple DUIs and multiple tickets pays a premium that matches HIS risk.  The guy with no tickets, no accidents and no DUIs pays the way lower premium that matches their lower risk.

Health insurance now is nothing like that.  If a 400lb smoker needs Heath “insurance” they simply raise MY premium to pay for his elevated risk, especially if the 400lb smoker has an income that qualifies them for guaranteed lower “affordable” premiums.

It’s like opening a restaurant buffet and saying the obese people pay $3 for all you can eat and they just raise the price for everybody else that just eat a modest amount of food to pay for the large amount consumed by the obese people.  And then more obese people hear about it and flood the restaurant so they then just raise the price for everybody else again.

And it is “compassion” because it would be cruel to let the obese people starve.

Well I'm obese so...

It's not about people paying for other people. I'm almost certain the government can cover everyone in the country, but a lot of people don't want that. It's not the best solution but *gestures at the military budget*.

36 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Well I'm obese so...

It's not about people paying for other people. I'm almost certain the government can cover everyone in the country, but a lot of people don't want that. It's not the best solution but *gestures at the military budget*.

I wasn’t trying to say anything negative about obese people.  It was me using an restaurant analogy about predicted consumption of health care resources and how that high (disproportionate) consumption get paid for not by raising the premiums of those using the most resources, but rather just grabbing the money where they can grab it. . . . all in the name of being fair and inclusive yet it is not fair at all.

Obesity is very serious and needs attention.   I just think those increased expenses should be factored into the premiums of those with the increased expenses.

I mean, the premiums for a 20 year life insurance policy for a 60 year older is staggeringly more expensive than the premiums for a 20 year life insurance policy for a 25 year old.  That is common sense and is fair.

But to circle back, please don’t misinterpret my restaurant analogy as mocking or having no compassion for obesity.  It is probably the most important health issue of our country and I think it is largely ignored.

Edited by Dtwncbad

31 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I wasn’t trying to say anything negative about obese people.  It was me using an restaurant analogy about predicted consumption of health care resources and how that high (disproportionate) consumption get paid for not by raising the premiums of those using the most resources, but rather just grabbing the money where they can grab it. . . . all in the name of being fair and inclusive yet it is not fair at all.

Obesity is very serious and needs attention.   I just think those increased expenses should be factored into the premiums of those with the increased expenses.

I mean, the premiums for a 20 year life insurance policy for a 60 year older is staggeringly more expensive than the premiums for a 20 year life insurance policy for a 25 year old.  That is common sense and is fair.

But to circle back, please don’t misinterpret my restaurant analogy as mocking or having no compassion for obesity.  It is probably the most important health issue of our country and I think it is largely ignored.

Oh don't worry I didn't think you were mocking anything. I absolutely don't try to have my weight "normalized" like some do. It's a legitimate issue and I'm extremely lucky my cholesterol and blood pressure levels are relatively normal. That's not going to last as I get older. And it's 100% my fault, and it 100% can be changed. 

I think a healthcare system is pretty fucked up when other people's health impacts your own premiums. It's like having to pay more for gas because some people drive Hummers.

If we're going with a payer healthcare system, then it should be based on income for every person. Yes, wealthy people pay more but it's the same percentage. 

There's no reason someone should pay a higher premium because I ate too much Taco Bell.

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Oh don't worry I didn't think you were mocking anything. I absolutely don't try to have my weight "normalized" like some do. It's a legitimate issue and I'm extremely lucky my cholesterol and blood pressure levels are relatively normal. That's not going to last as I get older. And it's 100% my fault, and it 100% can be changed. 

I think a healthcare system is pretty fucked up when other people's health impacts your own premiums. It's like having to pay more for gas because some people drive Hummers.

If we're going with a payer healthcare system, then it should be based on income for every person. Yes, wealthy people pay more but it's the same percentage. 

There's no reason someone should pay a higher premium because I ate too much Taco Bell.

We share many opinions on this.  It is nice to be able to openly talk about an issue and keep it civil and find some common ground.

55 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

We share many opinions on this.  It is nice to be able to openly talk about an issue and keep it civil and find some common ground.

Civility is over rated. I’d rather see you guys throwing hay-makers at each other.

1 hour ago, Sully151 said:

I am vaxed (not boosted), where my mask everywhere including all of my classes, don’t eat indoors at restaurants, etc. 

I have been in bed the last 3 days with this POS virus.

You need some vitamin d , zinc , Flonase, and some Marlboro lights. Ivermectin works as well

2 hours ago, Sully151 said:

I am vaxed (not boosted), where my mask everywhere including all of my classes, don’t eat indoors at restaurants, etc. 

I have been in bed the last 3 days with this POS virus.

Well that sucks