• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I have had no side effects from the initial Covid vaccine, the follow up nor the booster. But Tuesday I got an FDA approved vaccine for something entirely different and it knocked me on my ass. 

If any of you had chicken pox as a child you have a dormant virus hanging out for your later adult years called simply shingles. It manifests itself as stinging blisters on the skin and it can appear anywhere. Six months ago I had it show up on my scap and it permeated my eye causing an infection that actual damaged vision and left one eye light sensitive. 

So I opted for the vaccine and it has laid me out for two days. Muscle aches, shivering, headaches, upset stomach and loss of appetite. I had to do a file output yesterday, started it, set an alarm and an hour later sent it then went back to bed. I slept nearly the entire day away. Was awake for about two hours for dinner, which I didn't eat, then went back to bed. 

Since Tuesday I've slept more than I usually get for a whole week. I was lucky this was a light work week otherwise nothing would gotten done. 

37 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I have had no side effects from the initial Covid vaccine, the follow up nor the booster. But Tuesday I got an FDA approved vaccine for something entirely different and it knocked me on my ass. 

If any of you had chicken pox as a child you have a dormant virus hanging out for your later adult years called simply shingles. It manifests itself as stinging blisters on the skin and it can appear anywhere. Six months ago I had it show up on my scap and it permeated my eye causing an infection that actual damaged vision and left one eye light sensitive. 

So I opted for the vaccine and it has laid me out for two days. Muscle aches, shivering, headaches, upset stomach and loss of appetite. I had to do a file output yesterday, started it, set an alarm and an hour later sent it then went back to bed. I slept nearly the entire day away. Was awake for about two hours for dinner, which I didn't eat, then went back to bed. 

Since Tuesday I've slept more than I usually get for a whole week. I was lucky this was a light work week otherwise nothing would gotten done. 

Yeah, I got the shingles shot last year.  My arm hurt like crap for a few days.  But that was the only side effect I had. 

Good news though Blarg.  You have to get a follow up shot in order to make it effective.

Just now, gotbeer said:

Yeah, I got the shingles shot last year.  My arm hurt like crap for a few days.  But that was the only side effect I had. 

Good news though Blarg.  You have to get a follow up shot in order to make it effective.

No it’s the follow up after the follow up that is effective. Or maybe the follow up after that 

37 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Already scheduled. Not looking forward to it. Arm still aches today. 

8 minutes ago, Taylor said:

While I trust your medical expertise, I'm going to defer to @RallyMo on this one.

Chicken pox vaccine didn't start until 1995 in the US. No vaccine hits 100% effectiveness but it is stupid to think they are not effective because of that. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

My mom had shingles a few years ago on her face. Fuck that!

Just now, Blarg said:

Well, sorry about your future blistering sores since you're so afraid of vaccines. 

I’m just hesitant about the mRNA vaccines. I’ve been vaxxed for most other diseases and so are my kids. You guys love to paint me into that antivax corner. I guess it makes you feel self righteous or something. I dunno. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’m just hesitant about the mRNA vaccines. I’ve been vaxxed for most other diseases and so are my kids. You guys love to paint me into that antivax corner. I guess it makes you feel self righteous or something. I dunno. 

And again.  Johnson and Johnson vaccine is not mRNA.  So you are kind of painted into that antivax corner.

14 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Lol. Tell me how well that does against Delta and Omicron. It’s like you guys don’t even try anymore. 

So it's not mRNA?  Let's put it this way.  I've had J&J.  Can do whatever I want wherever I want, and haven't gotten it.  You are like my buddy that won't get the vaccine.  Will make any excuse possible to not get it.  Against mRNA.  Well, it doesn't protect as well as mRNA.  His excuse is, if they walk up and stick him with the vaccine, that's fine.  But he won't waste his time to get the vaccine.  But he will waste his time to get a negative test, so he can go to the track that won't admit unvaxxed unless tested recently.

14 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So it's not mRNA?  Let's put it this way.  I've had J&J.  Can do whatever I want wherever I want, and haven't gotten it.  You are like my buddy that won't get the vaccine.  Will make any excuse possible to not get it.  Against mRNA.  Well, it doesn't protect as well as mRNA.  His excuse is, if they walk up and stick him with the vaccine, that's fine.  But he won't waste his time to get the vaccine.  But he will waste his time to get a negative test, so he can go to the track that won't admit unvaxxed unless tested recently.

We’ll now that I’ve had Covid there is literally zero reason to get the vaccine right now. 

19 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Sorry to burst your bubble.  But I know a few people who have gotten Covid more than once.  Some vaxxed, some unvaxxed.

Yes. They either had the OG strain like cals or delta. Then they got omicron. 

It’s obvious I got omicron by my symptoms. I’m sure even @RallyMo would agree that all evidence is pointing to being in the clear once you get omicron. Also if this virus follows the way almost every virus in history has gone, all future strains will be less harmful and more easily spread.

Covid-19 is coming to an end.