• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

We won’t be moving our headquarters to Texas.  Now could I see us open a corporate office out of Colorado in the next 10-15 years?  Sure.  With my new role, I will be working out of Baldwin Park starting in January, then move to our Chino facility when it opens in 2023.  I will be spending some time in Colorado Springs, Dallas and Vegas next year.  

Well done!

(aka how I order my 🍟, as always love having food from y'all on my commute home)

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

14 minutes ago, cals said:

Knowing INOs politics I'm surprised Grand Junction isn't on your CO radar.  You can rub elbows with the great Lauren Boebert.

But Colorado Springs probably suits you guys fine. Just stay out of Denver and Boulder.

We will have stores in all of those cities. Not everyone or every company makes every decision based on politics. 

15 hours ago, Stradling said:

We won’t be moving our headquarters to Texas.  Now could I see us open a corporate office out of Colorado in the next 10-15 years?  Sure.  With my new role, I will be working out of Baldwin Park starting in January, then move to our Chino facility when it opens in 2023.  I will be spending some time in Colorado Springs, Dallas and Vegas next year.  

What's the facility in Chino?  New headquarters?

1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

What exactly are they testing. I don’t think they’ve added a menu item since the Kennedy administration 

Equipment mostly. 30 years ago one company made every single bun we served, now we have 3-4, we test those relentlessly before you ever get them, that way you have no idea we have different buns in different states. We changed our pickles recently.  But like I said, 95% equipment. 

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Equipment mostly. 30 years ago one company made every single bun we served, now we have 3-4, we test those relentlessly before you ever get them, that way you have no idea we have different buns in different states. We changed our pickles recently.  But like I said, 95% equipment. 

@True Grichwants In N Out to test more fryers 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1275877
I’m old enough to remember when punk rock was about saying fuck you to the establishment. 

Dexter Holland is an intelligent dude. He doesn't want to be around some moron anti-vaxxer. 

Edited by St1ck

7 hours ago, Jason said:

I’m old enough to remember when punk rock was about saying fuck you to the establishment. 

This may tend to happen in 2021 when the lead singer of your band has a PhD in molecular biology. With that said, drummer guy's statement is well stated and level headed.

21 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

This may tend to happen in 2021 when the lead singer of your band has a PhD in molecular biology. With that said, drummer guy's statement is well stated and level headed.

Then he should know that the vaccine is effective and there’s no need to worry about those that aren’t vaccinated. All we need now is separate things for vaxxed v. Unvaxxed. No need for the two types of people to have anything to do with one another. In all seriousness, as a someone who got the vaccine, I have no issues working with or associating with others who are not. I am confident that it is effective and keeping me from serious harm. Trying to avoid Covid is going to be futile as it’s here to stay and never going away. This is people taking sides, much of it based on their political ideology, and it’s not helpful to anyone. 

Edited by Jason

9 hours ago, Jason said:

There was a story recently how Rage Against the Machine is now requiring concert goers to show proof of vaccination to be admitted to their show.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Then he should know that the vaccine is effective and there’s no need to worry about those that aren’t vaccinated. All we need now is separate things for vaxxed v. Unvaxxed. No need for the two types of people to have anything to do with one another. In all seriousness, as a someone who got the vaccine, I have no issues working with or associating with others who are not. I am confident that it is effective and keeping me from serious harm. Trying to avoid Covid is going to be futile as it’s here to stay and never going away. This is people taking sides, much of it based on their political ideology, and it’s not helpful to anyone. 

It’s for sure never going away with the idea that people should just have to cave in to the ridiculous demands of the anti vax people.  Giving these people that power is it own kind of “tyranny”.  The virus needs to be suppressed and that’s done with vaccines.  It may well get to a point where it’s a seasonal flu type thing.  It’s true that some viruses end up becoming less dangerous with time -   Influenza is a good example of this - But we don’t know that now with Covid.  More dangerous or vaccine resistant variants could come into play the longer it’s allowed to at large scale spread around communities.  Anyway, the vaccine doesn’t completely prevent you from getting sick.  And even if it’s not dangerous you can still become quite ill which sucks.  Why should everyone else have to keep getting shots ? Fuck that.  Why do we have to deal with that because fucking idiots that refuse to deal with reality have decided the virus is their new battlefield in the culture wars.  Maybe you’re ok with it.  I am not.  I am really getting sick of this. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s for sure never going away with the idea that people should just have to cave in to the ridiculous demands of the anti vax people.  Giving these people that power is it own kind of “tyranny”.  The virus needs to be suppressed and that’s done with vaccines.  It may well get to a point where it’s a seasonal flu type thing.  It’s true that some viruses end up becoming less dangerous with time -   Influenza is a good example of this - But we don’t know that now with Covid.  More dangerous or vaccine resistant variants could come into play the longer it’s allowed to at large scale spread around communities.  Anyway, the vaccine doesn’t completely prevent you from getting sick.  And even if it’s not dangerous you can still become quite ill which sucks.  Why should everyone else have to keep getting shots ? Fuck that.  Why do we have to deal with that because fucking idiots that refuse to deal with reality have decided the virus is their new battlefield in the culture wars.  Maybe you’re ok with it.  I am not.  I am really getting sick of this. 

The problem is, as Cals would put it, the 100 IQ morons who take one or two data points and use it to prop up their pre-conceived notions about how they think the world works. 

The virus would likely be defeated if we could reach a high percentage of global vaccination. The feasibility of doing that logistically has always been a challenge, but we’ve never had a chance when 35% of the population could easily get it but refuses to do so.