• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

DAVID MARCUS: The Emmys prove it's time to destroy the COVID caste system

Well, let’s talk about shame for a minute. What else should a person feel when they insist that those who serve them live under a different set of demanding and demeaning rules? What should a person feel when they sip champagne all night in packed maskless crowds while children as young as 2 have to wear a face covering all day? Shame seems to be the right term.

Take New York City’s mandate that all patrons of an entertainment venue must show a vaccine card. It comes with a curious exemption, as all of these capricious rules seem to. The celebrity entertainers and their entourages need not show proof of the jab. Rather the rest of us, those of us who don’t really matter, must produce our vaccine cards to ensure the health and welfare of our betters.

Either wearing a mask matters or it doesn’t. Presumably COVID doesn’t care who does or doesn’t have an Emmy. 

Furthermore, we have been told again and again that masking is less about protecting oneself and more about protecting others around us. Given that these vaccinated celebrities are perfectly capable of spreading the virus, just like any other vaccinated person, on what possible basis should they be exempt from masking rules?

There is only one answer to that question. It is a new COVID caste system. And it is something Americans should not and increasingly will not put up with. 

3 minutes ago, cals said:

Again, you are becoming ridiculous.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/09/18/latest_news/1631992698_922645.html

Stars who attend Sunday's 73rd Primetime Emmys will not only have to show proof of vaccination, but will also be required to take a PCR test.

so by this logic, if i've been vaccinated, i no longer need to wear a mask at social events with other vaccinated people, correct?

1 hour ago, cals said:

Are you asking me? No. I don't ever wear a mask anymore.

But based on our knowledge there still exists some risk. I personally don't care about the risk.

And these people also took a PCR test.  It was fair to assume 99.9% if not 100% were covid free.

Now you go Tank: "BUT FAUCI!!!!"

Next question. 

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That's the way it should be.  But that's not the way it is.  

I don’t think I’ve gone the “but Fauci” route here, and not going to do that now.

there is a terribly inconsistent application of mask usage and exemptions, things I'm sure you’re well aware of. It’s aggravating that certain people in society get to play by different rules than the rest of us. It’s incredibly divisive and reeks of privilege ahead of science.

16 minutes ago, cals said:

There are no different rules. What are you talking about? This isn’t 2020.  Vaccinated adults can do whatever they want.  CDC recommendations are just that.  They aren’t rules.  

This really sounds like you’re trying to find something to bitch about or the conservative media you absorb is bitching about it and you’re parroting that.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/acd/ncorona2019/masks/ 

Masks are now required in all indoor public places in Los Angeles County.
Some exceptions apply - see the revised Health Officer Order and the information below.

• In Los Angeles County, everyone 2 years of age and older must wear a mask in all indoor public places and at outdoor Mega Events, whether they have been vaccinated or not. Details of other situations when masks must be worn are below.

But if you are at the Emmy's you can ignore it.  

2 hours ago, cals said:

In fact I am going to the Lumineers concert Wednesday in Santa Barbara.  It is outside, but they are checking for vaccination proof and/or negative tests and it's maskless.  The way it should be. 

The Lumineers? Do you have to show up in a Prius or Mini Cooper for them to let you in the parking lot?

My mom who I've ignored on purpose for a good reason just told me she doesn't want me to get the booster shot.  And I thought Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People was a bad mother.  Sympathies, Timothy Hutton.  Told her not to contact me until she comes to her senses with her aborted cells and Ben Shapiro talking points bullshit.

Yet she doesn't see the irony that virus kill pregnant women too.  Pro life my ass.

2 minutes ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

My mom who I've ignored on purpose for a good reason just told me she doesn't want me to get the booster shot.  And I thought Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People was a bad mother.  Sympathies, Timothy Hutton.  Told her not to contact me until she comes to her senses with her aborted cells and Ben Shapiro talking points bullshit.

Yet she doesn't see the irony that virus kill pregnant women too.  Pro life my ass.

Take it easy on her.. She’s probably feels guilty for how you turned out. 

4 hours ago, cals said:

In fact I am going to the Lumineers concert Wednesday in Santa Barbara.  It is outside, but they are checking for vaccination proof and/or negative tests and it's maskless.  The way it should be. 

SB County Bowl.

I saw the Talking Heads there in September 1983.