• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

What?

Masks do not work in the place of social distancing. you can argue they are not extremely useful. At least not worth a public shaming of non maskers. You can wear a mask but if you have extended enclosed exposure to a sick person you will get sick with the mask  You Are very unlikely to catch covid from anyone just passing by. I can see using them in a restaurant or bar where you may be in close proximity for an extended time. Still they have to be removed to eat and drink which defeats the point. I am not saying never wear one but masks is not in the top 3 -5 things we can do to stop deaths. We need our leaders to encourage mask when appropriate but don’t make mask the rallying point. Our leaders need to focus on the at risk population and mask can’t be the number one answer to protecting the old. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

If 6ft is the safe distance, why do I need a mask ? If mask are ineffective inside of 6ft , why do we wear them?

Do I need to explain the concept of walking around in a building among others to you ? If you’re outside on a walk and you can obviously keep your space then sure.  You’re probably ok not wearing a mask.  The antifa supersoliders aren’t coming for you in any case.  How about just wear it without crying in appropriate situations because it’s the right thing to do.  It’s not a huge concession.  It’s for your benefit and others benefit.  I really am done doing this bullshit dance with you.  Please do and say what you want. 

7 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Stop saying “he”, it confuses the shit out of us.  Just use a plural “you”.

I’m confused as shit.  Are you two different people ? Are you one person ? Who can say.  I interact with you as individuals because that seems like the most correct thing to do. 

The only sure way of getting through this is herd immunity. Focus on exposing the low risk while protecting the old. Having this thing run through our young quickly is about the only option we have other than a vaccine that may never develop. Trying to stop the spread now is essentially prolonging the battle. Issue the order and house arrest the old. It will save many more lives than a federal mask policy 

Latest report from my kid cause she just called, her shifts end around 7 something.  Well a covid guy who she said was pretty big and has some dementia so he may not even know he has covid,  ripped off everything and tried to make a break for it. She ran to help one nurse who was trying to stop him and he smacked them and knocked them down.  I guess they got up and were able to trick him and lock him in a wing or the hallway. So he ran around banging on windows and running into other patient rooms screaming while they waited 2 hours for the police to get there.  

Personally I would not want to lie there hooked up then die if I had covid and would make a break myself.  Just give me some morph, wont take it all at once and finish watching Ozark at home. 

I told her you should have just let him go and slipped a MAGA hat on him as he went by and run rabid around the streets of Dallas. 

Kicker is I asked so you got manhandled by a rabid covid, did someone up the ladder at the hospital send you home to quarantine or schedule you to get tested in a few days or so.  Fuck no. " ANYBODY WHO NEEDS A TEST, GETS A TEST."  DJT March 2020. 

8 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Latest report from my kid cause she just called, her shifts end around 7 something.  Well a covid guy who she said was pretty big and has some dementia so he may not even know he has covid,  ripped off everything and tried to make a break for it. She ran to help one nurse who was trying to stop him and he smacked them and knocked them down.  I guess they got up and were able to trick him and lock him in a wing or the hallway. So he ran around banging on windows and running into other patient rooms screaming while they waited 2 hours for the police to get there.  

Personally I would not want to lie there hooked up then die if I had covid and would make a break myself.  Just give me some morph, wont take it all at once and finish watching Ozark at home. 

I told her you should have just let him go and slipped a MAGA hat on him as he went by and run rabid around the streets of Dallas. 

Kicker is I asked so you got manhandled by a rabid covid, did someone up the ladder at the hospital send you home to quarantine or schedule you to get tested in a few days or so.  Fuck no. " ANYBODY WHO NEEDS A TEST, GETS A TEST."  DJT March 2020. 

Dude. I'm so sorry.

Things are not looking good for us in Texas. Testing is becoming harder to come by and is now becoming more selective in some locales. That's the exact opposite of how we want to see this go.

I'm glad that she calls you after her shifts. It's likely going to be really tough sledding for a month or two.

Tom Woods Newsletter

Have at it LibCons

We're supposed to panic about rising COVID-19 "cases" in Florida, Texas, and Arizona.

Well, I'm not.

Let's look at Texas alone.

First, by way of comparison, let's look at New York City, which got hit the hardest.

David Stockman recently reported on the numbers for COVID cases/deaths per 100,000 (as of June 27), which are as follows:

• Bronx: 3,346 / 234
  • Queens: 2,867 / 222
  • Brooklyn: 2,345 / 198

And now the same figures for cities in Texas:

• Houston: 567 / 7
  • Dallas: 696 / 13
  • Fort Worth: 500 / 10
  • San Antonio: 423 / 5
  • Austin: 549 / 9

Meanwhile, CEOs of top hospitals in Houston, where the situation is supposed to be catastrophic, have been urging the public to disregard the panicked media stories.

The president and CEO of Houston Methodist pointed out that his ICU use was 95% this time last year, pre-COVID. He added, "
It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s. That's how all hospitals operate."

"Quite frankly," he said, "we're concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

I'll have a lot more to say about this in today's forthcoming episode (#1683) of the Tom Woods Show.

Incidentally, a person who belongs to the Tom Woods Show Elite just shared the following:

"This morning I heard on the radio that 71% of SC hospital beds are being used! COVID cases are increasing!! So I looked it up. What percentage of hospital beds is normally used at this time of year in SC? That would be somewhere between 69% and 70%."

Kind of important to put figures like that in context, isn't it?

There is obviously an effort afoot to keep you in a state of panic.

Ol' Woods, on the other hand, wants to keep you informed.

The super deluxe way to stay informed and sane is by joining me inside the Tom Woods Show Elite.

Information and sanity are in short supply these days.

See you there:

http://www.SupportingListeners.com

Tom Woods

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

"This morning I heard on the radio that 71% of SC hospital beds are being used! COVID cases are increasing!! So I looked it up. What percentage of hospital beds is normally used at this time of year in SC? That would be somewhere between 69% and 70%."

This is so incredibly stupid logic you would think it came from Missouri. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Tom Woods Newsletter

Have at it LibCons

We're supposed to panic about rising COVID-19 "cases" in Florida, Texas, and Arizona.

Well, I'm not.

Let's look at Texas alone.

First, by way of comparison, let's look at New York City, which got hit the hardest.

David Stockman recently reported on the numbers for COVID cases/deaths per 100,000 (as of June 27), which are as follows:

• Bronx: 3,346 / 234
  • Queens: 2,867 / 222
  • Brooklyn: 2,345 / 198

And now the same figures for cities in Texas:

• Houston: 567 / 7
  • Dallas: 696 / 13
  • Fort Worth: 500 / 10
  • San Antonio: 423 / 5
  • Austin: 549 / 9

Meanwhile, CEOs of top hospitals in Houston, where the situation is supposed to be catastrophic, have been urging the public to disregard the panicked media stories.

The president and CEO of Houston Methodist pointed out that his ICU use was 95% this time last year, pre-COVID. He added, "
It is completely normal for us to have ICU capacities that run in the 80s and 90s. That's how all hospitals operate."

"Quite frankly," he said, "we're concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

I'll have a lot more to say about this in today's forthcoming episode (#1683) of the Tom Woods Show.

Incidentally, a person who belongs to the Tom Woods Show Elite just shared the following:

Kind of important to put figures like that in context, isn't it?

There is obviously an effort afoot to keep you in a state of panic.

Ol' Woods, on the other hand, wants to keep you informed.

The super deluxe way to stay informed and sane is by joining me inside the Tom Woods Show Elite.

Information and sanity are in short supply these days.

See you there:

http://www.SupportingListeners.com

Tom Woods

Dear Reader,

Some of what Tom Woods writes is spot on correct. Some is straight up pointless.

I just signed up for the TSW Elite package and can't wait to hear what Tom Woods has to say on episode #1683, in which he will have a lot more to say this.

Please sign up for Fishbulb Platinum if you'd like to know more about what's REALLY going on and what THEY don't want YOU to know.

See you later, 

Fish Bulb

Spoke with 2 chicks in the last 2 days that both got hit with COVID.  Similar age groups laye 40s-early 50s. One got it from a coworker and the other from going to a birthday party when they reopened the bars in Orange County. Neither one required hospitalization but they they both described it the same way. Basically similar to the flu but on steroids. Unlike the flu though there is nothing you can take to try to reduce the symptoms. You just have to sit there and feel like shit until it's gone.

19 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Newsom is threatening to shut down L.A. indefinitely. 

This holiday weekend should be fun with all the beaches and bars closed. 

At least there's still some golf to watch. But who knows how long that will last with more golfers testing positive. 

Everyone who wants to go to the beach should just protest at the beach.  

Because according to the morons in charge, protesting in huge crowds is ok, but going to the beach with your family is not.