• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I think fishbulb meant Republican governors who are now forced to shut down their states again.

But what's happening in L.A. County? This is a heavily Democrat-controlled area but cases are spiking again. What gives? We've been shut down for three months and things have not reopened here on a fast pace as they did in Texas, Florida, and Arizona. 

If the virus cases are really spiking in L.A. and the numbers are correct, that's a very bad sign going forward. We could be shut down for another year at this rate. Or longer.

That's because California opened too early as well. You remember those Gating Criteria that Dr. Fauci et al came up with that states were to follow before opening? No state aside from maybe NY and NJ followed them and they just opened up recently. 

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

25 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Just the point that the media is blaming Republican governors for opening up too soon, yet here in heavily Democratic L.A. County which has just begun to gradually reopen, cases are reportedly spiking and dire predictions abound. The health lady who runs everything here (who's not a doctor) said today we can forget about the entire summer at least. So that begs the question, will we be shut down indefinitely (6 months, a year, 18 months...). 

But I agree with you about the protests, the parties, and the masks. Yes, these make the problem worse. I'm just concerned about the total shutdowns and how long they're going to impose that. It will eventually destroy the local economy.

You can blame the media all you want but you are the one just a couple hours ago making it political. 

30 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Just the point that the media is blaming Republican governors for opening up too soon, yet here in heavily Democratic L.A. County which has just begun to gradually reopen, cases are reportedly spiking and dire predictions abound. The health lady who runs everything here (who's not a doctor) said today we can forget about the entire summer at least. So that begs the question, will we be shut down indefinitely (6 months, a year, 18 months...). 

But I agree with you about the protests, the parties, and the masks. Yes, these make the problem worse. I'm just concerned about the total shutdowns and how long they're going to impose that. It will eventually destroy the local economy.

You just want to both sides it.  The LA Country health supervisor has done a fine job.  Are you for her measures or are you against them.  Please just be coherent.  

your ideological ilk have been frothing at the mouth against them. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

49 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

What if I told you that the virus doesn't give two craps about politics? The virus is gonna do what a virus is gonna do.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

This is what makes this problematic - it’s a mixed message. I can go protest with 2000 angry strangers who may or may not be wearing masks, but I can’t take my family of four to the beach.

In all seriousness future pandemics are why  we need honest conversations and accurate death counts. Perfectly ok to say died with covid but the died of it much more important. We implemented some pretty drastic measures that can’t be repeated on a yearly basis. I’m not calling covid a hoax but we did overreact to a virus with a .26 kill rate. Probably closer to . 05 in younger age groups. 

Mask mask mask. Let’s talk about the damn senior care facilities and how we protect seniors not in those facilities. Sure mask is part of the solution but it isn’t the end all. Distance and exposure are the keys. Mask may help a bit in just one of those areas. Put the donkey dick down and demand politicians stop forcing covid patients into old folks homes. Demand our stores provide senior hours. Inform the old  daily of just how important it is they stay home. 

6 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Mask mask mask. Let’s talk about the damn senior care facilities and how we protect seniors not in those facilities. Sure mask is part of the solution but it isn’t the end all. Distance and exposure are the keys. Mask may help a bit in just one of those areas. Put the donkey dick down and demand politicians stop forcing covid patients into old folks homes. Demand our stores provide senior hours. Inform the old  daily of just how important it is they stay home. 

Just wear a fucking mask when indoors and in close proximity to others asshole. 

8 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I agree with pretty much all of this, but you keep acting like masks are this huge issue. SPOILER ALERT: They aren't.

Wearing a mask will help protect people who are more vulnerable to this virus, particularly old people.

Unless you're a retarded douchebag like Brian, this is a pretty simple concept. Wear a fucking mask. It's not for you, it's for everyone else. If you refuse, you're a piece of shit. Simple as that.

masks dramatically decrease pathogens being put out into the air in best case scenarios and in worst case scenarios they diffuse what you’re breathing out and reduce the likelihood of others breathing a large amount pathogen if you are sick.   It’s not controversial.  It’s worked effectively for fucking generations.  Shut the fuck up. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with pretty much all of this, but you keep acting like masks are this huge issue. SPOILER ALERT: They aren't.

Wearing a mask will help protect people who are more vulnerable to this virus, particularly old people.

Unless you're a retarded douchebag like Brian, this is a pretty simple concept. Wear a fucking mask. It's not for you, it's for everyone else. If you refuse, you're a piece of shit. Simple as that.

I do when required. Can you tell me how effective masks are by type and fit ? How effective are they at 10ft , 6ft or 2ft? Does time matter ? This disease spreads over close range over long periods of time? You will not spread covid by walking in a gas without a mask. Think inside of 6 ft for 30min to two hours with same person. I’m thinking bars and restaurants are mask locations. Some of these other places is just for show 

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

I do when required. Can you tell me how effective masks are by type and fit ? How effective are they at 10ft , 6ft or 2ft? Does time matter ? This disease spreads over close range over long periods of time? You will not spread covid by walking in a gas without a mask. Think inside of 6 ft for 30min to two hours with same person. I’m thinking bars and restaurants are mask locations. Some of these other places is just for show 

Charlie Day Ok GIF

If you know they play a role and you accept that you should wear them indoors.  Which is apparently a good growth for you from a few weeks ago.....why do you continuously insist on arguing against them here.  Literally no is saying that masks are the only piece of the puzzle. They are important.  So cut the bullshit.  We get it they fucked up with Covid patients in a rest home.  A terrible tragedy.  Stop making a mockery of it for your horseshit strawmanning. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I like you KC even though I disagree with most of what you post here. Your last few posts here are incoherent though. 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

We never said masks were bad.

He takes every opportunity that he has to mark them out as worthless or tyranny and just in the past day or two has decided to cede that they may have trivial value.  Anyway I’m done with it.  I can only rant so much.   I’ve already exceeded my ranting allotment for the next 4 years.