• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Here are the facts that matter to me.   Am 55 years old and diabetic.  I have a wife and two kids.  If things open up completely they bring risk home to me daily.

@mtangelsfan you know I have a ton of respect for you so in no way take any of this the wrong way.

I have a friend up here, an old colleague that's 56 years old (Todd), he's overweight and he's type I diabetic. He gets out every day to do Pokemon with others, goes shopping (he grills and cooks quite a bit).

He doesn't wear a mask when he's out, but he does sanitize and wash his hands regularly. He's been symptom free and hasn't caught it (to his knowledge) and again, he's out and about regularly. In fact, his company in Bellevue, WA didn't shut down their office until late in March, so he was commuting into work a few weeks after most of us were in Seattle.

Anyhow, I understand the concerns you may have but where you live and the flattening of the spread in general across the United States as far as those who may pass through your state, I think you'll be fine. 

I hope you're not waiting for a vaccine. That may take another year or so, if not longer and man I just don't trust them. I find it weird that the 4 times in my life that I got a flu shot, I got the flu in that same very year. It has been 10 or so years since I've had one and I haven't had the flu during that time.  

All that said, you do what's safe for you and your fam. I just thought I'd pass that info on about my friend if it helps with any anxieties you're having. 

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Quit trying to flip that “Karen” description onto people who want to open this place up. The very definition of a “Karen” is a fascist soccer mom trying to project their way of life on free individuals. 

Some truth in this but I have met a few that are just crying for real male attention. a lot of their kale eating vegan husbands dont have the testosterone levels to knock the bottom out of it.

26 minutes ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

Fuck all these domestic bioterrorist Karens in Cucamonga, a city that I worked in until a month ago and it’s now even less safe for me and my associates to go to work.

Why did you get fired?

51 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Actually don’t bother because I looked it up for you MT. 455 cases and 16 deaths. That’s out of a population of over a million people. Not to mention you’re one of the most rural states in the country. I hope you don’t catch the plague on the subway to Billings. 🙄

And only 35 active cases.  But that isn’t the point cranky pants

12 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@mtangelsfan you know I have a ton of respect for you so in no way take any of this the wrong way.

I have a friend up here, an old colleague that's 56 years old (Todd), he's overweight and he's type I diabetic. He gets out every day to do Pokemon with others, goes shopping (he grills and cooks quite a bit).

He doesn't wear a mask when he's out, but he does sanitize and wash his hands regularly. He's been symptom free and hasn't caught it (to his knowledge) and again, he's out and about regularly. In fact, his company in Bellevue, WA didn't shut down their office until late in March, so he was commuting into work a few weeks after most of us were in Seattle.

Anyhow, I understand the concerns you may have but where you live and the flattening of the spread in general across the United States as far as those who may pass through your state, I think you'll be fine. 

I hope you're not waiting for a vaccine. That may take another year or so, if not longer and man I just don't trust them. I find it weird that the 4 times in my life that I got a flu shot, I got the flu in that same very year. It has been 10 or so years since I've had one and I haven't had the flu during that time.  

All that said, you do what's safe for you and your fam. I just thought I'd pass that info on about my friend if it helps with any anxieties you're having. 

I am not waiting.  I would still be working if I had not have been furloughed.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

Still waiting for your facts @mtangelsfan. Your pussy cat emoticon won’t suffice. 

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I think the number of people infected are underestimated by a long shot. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Then why claim they are facts?

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

I guess I’m not. But that’s what the CDC claims so we’re all supposed to abide by that. 

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

No. It's more like no news. You have to wait until next week to have data that tells you anything. That headline is misleading when you read the article. Yes, it's accurate, but it's also irrelevant. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how it goes.

The problem, as German government scientists have been at pains to point out, is that it’s simply too early to know anything about the effects of lifting lockdown on transmission rates — because there is no reliable data yet.

1 hour ago, fishbulb said:

Look, I'm not against places opening up slowly and safely, so keep that in mind.

With that said, can you tell me all the ways that Montana and OC are similar? 

We’ll start with the deaths per capita and go from there. 

MT: 0.0015%

OC: 0.0016%

Edited by Lhalo

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

There it is.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

There it is.

People forget the CDC credits the flu vaccination with saving about 5k lives a year. Not a huge return. People also forget we rushed the swine flu vaccination and killed quite a few people. Rushing a vaccine can be more deadly than the virus.

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

You’re furloughed because the government has shut business down and ground it to a halt over a bug that barely killed anyone in your state. It’s a fucking crock of shit. 

Dude you have been an absolute fucking knob for the last 4 pages or so.

Put your God damn "freedoms" aside for a fucking minute and have some fucking empathy. People's lives are at risk whether you choose to believe so or not. You have turned people's deaths into a fucking statistic to "prove" your point of view. What if one of those people were a relative of MT's? "Well, sorry MT, I really am but the bug has barely killed anyone in your state so you really shouldn't worry about it. Hopefully this tyranny will stop so you can get back to work soon." Fuck that shit. 

Your freedoms are no more important than mine. Where I live is irrelevant. And this narrative that people can just "choose to stay at home" is fucking horseshit because almost 0 people are actually able to do that. People go out for medicine and groceries and even work ALL THE FUCKING TIME. But their lives are being put at risk because of fucking money. But according to you it's just a bug so we're all a bunch of doomers. Eat my taint. 

Everything can't stay shut down forever, or even for that much longer. I don't see many people even suggesting otherwise. People can't stay out of work forever. But you're on the one extreme of just "OPEN IT UP" without even considering the fact that maybe, you know, the shut down has actually helped. "Flattening the curve" was not the goal of things being shut down. Preventing people from fucking dying is. 

All this and you STILL won't fuck me.

Edited by tdawg87

9 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

wish i would have thought of that. would have been much cheaper than marriage

Not sure I follow your exact logic there, but I do believe it’s a nice alternative to marriage. I mean if it’s one or the other.