• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

3 minutes ago, Fireball said:

Of course it's not true but he seemed to at least want to believe it by sharing it. It is an anomoly the people who call everything fake news then go to sites that are like a cartoon. 

Maybe he was pulling a Chuck and "just sharing it to have a discussion."

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

1 hour ago, Fireball said:

My neighborhood Trump friend yesterday posted something on facebook from a far right site, so far right that if you walked to the edge of the earth you will fall off, about how hospitals have been instructed to report "any and all" deaths as covid.  Of course he mentioned it was the Dems who forced hospitals to do this.  

They admitted to counting anyone with covid on or in their bodies as covid related. Hopefully they are not counting people who fell off the edge. I’m waiting to see total April deaths. 240k is an average month so we should see close to 300k this month. If the number is 260-270 I would suspect major fraud occurred 

I’ve heard it’s been over reported as in anyone with even any kind of coved symptom was counted as a coved death, and just this morning saw something said New York and some other place were adjusting their numbers because ether overreported.

one group is saying that we could locked down through the end of the year. Another group wants to go back to normal by the end of this week.

I don’t know who to believe. I believe we’re seeing both sides (both sides!) use information to push their narrative. 

My one question in all of this is why have we as a nation reacted so strongly and aggressively to this virus, more so than others in recent memory? We didn’t react this way to SARS, MERS, or bird flu, each of which killed more people.

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Other than the hilarity of Vladdy not being able to pay his bills, what non-health related reason is there to extend the lockdown?

I can’t really think of any right now. I think taking healthy precautions is an idea that we have needed for a long time. I’m leaning more and more towards if you’re sick or have a compromised immune system, stay home, and If you’re well, use a mask and resume your life. 

I heard it suggested early on as things were being shut down that this could be a test run for the government to see how prepared they were (not very, as it turns out) as well as to see how we as citizens would react to government taking unprecedented control of everything. I don’t think that’s too far off the mark.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

My one question in all of this is why have we as a nation reacted so strongly and aggressively to this virus, more so than others in recent memory? We didn’t react this way to SARS, MERS, or bird flu, each of which killed more people.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. where are you getting your info? Wherever it is, reconsider your sources.

COVID-19 killed more humans today alone than SARS, MERS and H5N1 have added together in total since they all emerged. If, just for fun, you'd like to count yesterday into the COVID-19 stats, you can add Ebola into the grand totals.

That's kinda why the reaction has been so strong.

20 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. where are you getting your info? Wherever it is, reconsider your sources.

COVID-19 killed more humans today than SARS, MERS and H5N1 have added together in total since they all emerged. If, just for fun, you'd like to count yesterday into the COVID-19 stats, you can add Ebola into the grand totals.

That's kinda why the reaction has been so strong.

Tank isn't good at maths 

(British tv ftw)

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I’ve heard it’s been over reported as in anyone with even any kind of coved symptom was counted as a coved death, and just this morning saw something said New York and some other place were adjusting their numbers because ether overreported.

one group is saying that we could locked down through the end of the year. Another group wants to go back to normal by the end of this week.

I don’t know who to believe. I believe we’re seeing both sides (both sides!) use information to push their narrative. 

Too many people are just regurgitating shit they hear from their cousin Marty on a zoom chat and acting like it's fact. 

the low income (sadly) have higher death rates (as its said) from COVID

but they also have higher death rates from obesity too

https://www.modernhealthcare.com/article/20170607/NEWS/170609924/higher-heart-disease-risk-persists-for-low-income-populations

classical right wing argument - its their poor life choices that result in these circumstances

added anecdotal point - all my poorer friends are drinking beer together while my uptight OC friends are following the order to the tee

1 hour ago, Tank said:

I remember that Swine Flu was a pretty strong reaction.  It wasn't shut everything down type of a reaction.  But I seem to remember that people were required to be tested.  Might have more to do with it was a Mexico/US origin.  But the timeline was end of April, to clinical trials of a vaccine in end of July, to a vaccine in September.  Totals were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,500 deaths.  

4 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Yeah well he’s trolling the rest of us and has for years, so... yeah.

Well you may not agree with what he says, that's fine. You can always laugh it off and skip past it. 

I don't mind good natured banter or good debate, but you don't have to make it personal. That's against our COC here. 

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I remember that Swine Flu was a pretty strong reaction.  It wasn't shut everything down type of a reaction.  But I seem to remember that people were required to be tested.  Might have more to do with it was a Mexico/US origin.  But the timeline was end of April, to clinical trials of a vaccine in end of July, to a vaccine in September.  Totals were 60.8 million cases, 274,000 hospitalizations, and 12,500 deaths.  

A good friend of mine was in basic training for the Air Force and got swine flu. He said it knocked him on his ass, and he had to spend a week in the hospital during the middle of basic. I don't remember if he got to re-join his class, had to join another class, or just had to start over; but I do know he ended up having to spend more time in basic training because of it. Just shitty all the way around for him. 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

You have a bit of a point. I keep reading and listening to doctors and scientists that are a bit upset that a lot of places with deaths just chalk it up to corona virus. It's not being logged correctly with deaths in a lot of hospitals and is skewing the numbers.

30 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You have a bit of a point. I keep reading and listening to doctors and scientists that are a bit upset that a lot of places with deaths just chalk it up to corona virus. It's not being logged correctly with deaths in a lot of hospitals and is skewing the numbers.

Just food for thought.  If you say it was a death by coronavirus, you get federal, state, local aid.  If you say he died of Cancer, you hope he had insurance.