• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Small sample size but...

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2?fbclid=IwAR1GgWAk9xmfXVKJLUXzRxr_TeeHzGiuoHmMzqnfvTG6blyEkSovjtjpvd0

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Small sample size but...

https://apnews.com/a5077c7227b8eb8b0dc23423c0bbe2b2?fbclid=IwAR1GgWAk9xmfXVKJLUXzRxr_TeeHzGiuoHmMzqnfvTG6blyEkSovjtjpvd0

A malaria drug widely touted by President Donald Trump for treating the new coronavirus showed no benefit in a large analysis of its use in U.S. veterans hospitals. There were more deaths among those given hydroxychloroquine versus standard care, researchers reported.

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment. But with 368 patients, it’s the largest look so far of hydroxychloroquine with or without the antibiotic azithromycin for COVID-19, which has killed more than 171,000 people as of Tuesday.

This should make his enemies happy 

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

Small sample size but...

You have hydroxychloroquineDS

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Tank, your short game and putting must have improved exponentially.

actually been working on my mid-long irons, especially my 5I which has been a terrible club for me the last few decades. i've also been working on my rescue wood and my new driver, a taylormade M5. really enjoying it. think i may have fixed something in my swing, too.

44 minutes ago, Rico said:

Small sample size but...

More about this...

It's not a great study. It's not random. Patients were given the medication because the doctors thought it was worth a shot (meaning the patients were likely sicker than those that didn't get it). However, when adjusted, it seems that the medication did not help and possibly brought about harm. THIS is why we do need trials on stuff with placebos and have people willing to carry them out. If people are good with hail mary (ies), that's fine, but we do need legit trials as well. They dont have to be super long term studies, but need to know. This isn't going away tomorrow. 

We have to beat this.

29 minutes ago, VladdyMo said:

More about this...

It's not a great study. It's not random. Patients were given the medication because the doctors thought it was worth a shot (meaning the patients were likely sicker than those that didn't get it). However, when adjusted, it seems that the medication did not help and possibly brought about harm. THIS is why we do need trials on stuff with placebos and have people willing to carry them out. If people are good with hail mary (ies), that's fine, but we do need legit trials as well. They dont have to be super long term studies, but need to know. This isn't going away tomorrow. 

We have to beat this.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.16.20065920v1.full.pdf

I appreciate your honesty. The survey consisted of 68 year olds with 2 or more underlying conditions. Some with 4 or 5. I believe 77% who received HC had diabetes compared to 55% in the control group. I have no idea if HC works but the study did a pretty good job of shitting on HC across the board. HC group had a higher % of underlying conditions in almost every disease imaginable. I will add the VA sucks ass.

4 hours ago, Adam said:

So I love getting coffee out but I don’t get special drinks. Just coffee cream and Splenda. Still a recommend?

Lavazza cold brew requires no cream or sugar. Sure, you can add them but it isn't like it is to improve the flavor. 

It would be great if it did turn out that a massive number of people have already had it and the extent of the lock downs prove to have been unnecessary.  I don’t really care about being wrong.  I just listened to what people who know about this stuff said.  Anyway, I suspect that these early openings and the protests and stuff are going to probably end up prolonging our misery.  

Edited by UndertheHalo