• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

"May I help yooooooooouuuuuuuu"

Funny thing about Joe's. I was actually visiting a cousin in Tulsa and went to Oklahoma Joe's. Heard it was the best from KC peeps that would come out for Angels games. I wasn't impressed, to be honest. Maybe it was the hype. I haven't tried it yet, but hear the family split and there is now a KC Joe's. Need to try that and one on my to do list for a while is Q39, but it's in downtown and my family is kind of weird about areas or travel. The other one I need to try and might have already had is Little BBQ Joint in Independence.

Joe’s is really good, but only for specific things. The burnt ends are pretty good, but not the best in the city at all (that title goes to Hawg Jaw north of the river in my opinion). Joe’s does great on sandwiches and sides though. A Zman with a side of Joe’s beans is hard to beat for a meal. The sauce there is a bit too sweet in my opinion though, and anything that isn’t a sandwich, burnt ends, or brisket is kinda trash. Plus the burnt ends are only available on Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays.

Q39 is freaking bomb on pretty much everything. People here just consider it “fancy” barbecue, as it’s a bit pricier and (at least in the past) it’s not an order from the counter place. Plus it’s on W 39th St, which is effectively a lawless glorified horse path that’s terrifying to drive on, especially in winter. I used to work for an Irish company that had an office here, and every time those guys would fly in Q39 was the first place they wanted to go.

4 minutes ago, Don said:

Joe’s is really good, but only for specific things. The burnt ends are pretty good, but not the best in the city at all (that title goes to Hawg Jaw north of the river in my opinion). Joe’s does great on sandwiches and sides though. A Zman with a side of Joe’s beans is hard to beat for a meal. The sauce there is a bit too sweet in my opinion though, and anything that isn’t a sandwich, burnt ends, or brisket is kinda trash. 

Q39 is freaking bomb on pretty much everything. People here just consider it “fancy” barbecue, as it’s a bit pricier and (at least in the past) it’s not an order from the counter place. Plus it’s on W 39th St, which is effectively a lawless glorified horse path that’s terrifying to drive on, especially in winter. I used to work for an Irish company that had an office here, and every time those guys would fly in Q39 was the first place they wanted to go.

That might be it. I'm generally a brisket guy as it's my go to. Part of why I like Bryant's so much is thier sauce with it....just amazing. I probably ate at Gates more than anything because of proximity to where I stay. I brought up Q's the last time I was out there, but the fam didn't seem to want to travel to downtown. Like I mentioned, they are a bit picky which is why I've only had LC's once.

Now I'm excited. I thought Jack Stack had the best sides, so I'm curious to see what Q brings.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

What does this have to do with me being benevolent?

Focus, people.

BBQ is way better than talking about a virus.

By the way, when this first came up I looked in your neck of the woods. Nothing special, but you have a Famous Daves which is good for California. Ironically, I saw you have a Gyu-Kaku which is amazing. We have one here in Tustin.

21 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That might be it. I'm generally a brisket guy as it's my go to. Part of why I like Bryant's so much is thier sauce with it....just amazing. I probably ate at Gates more than anything because of proximity to where I stay. I brought up Q's the last time I was out there, but the fam didn't seem to want to travel to downtown. Like I mentioned, they are a bit picky which is why I've only had LC's once.

Now I'm excited. I thought Jack Stack had the best sides, so I'm curious to see what Q brings.

Might have to move the fight to bbq place. I love me some gates but wife too scared to go back

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

BBQ is way better than talking about a virus.

By the way, when this first came up I looked in your neck of the woods. Nothing special, but you have a Famous Daves which is good for California. Ironically, I saw you have a Gyu-Kaku which is amazing. We have one here in Tustin.

Dave’s is probably best chain bbq I have had. The one by legends in kc has went down a bit. Ab s in legends also sucks. Like they can’t fix bbq outside the hood. 

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

Dave’s is probably best chain bbq I have had. The one by legends in kc has went down a bit. Ab s in legends also sucks. Like they can’t fix bbq outside the hood. 

18th and Brooklyn is the only AB’s location one should go to. That was Harry Truman’s spot. Stay strapped there though.

59 minutes ago, Don said:

I’ll add in some Oklahoma Joe’s. I could hit a golf ball from my front porch to there. My neighbor is (was) the head bartender at Jack Stack too. You really shouldn’t ship someone Gates, as I feel everyone should have to deal with the traumatic in-person ordering experience there. The sauce is fantastic, the aggressive customer service is not.

I agree. I want to fight them sometimes but Being white i get my shit and roll out

Just now, Don said:

18th and Brooklyn is the only AB’s location one should go to. That was Harry Truman’s spot. Stay strapped there though.

Yes I been there. Gates still wins between the two for me. I do need to try some of the others. I hear both have been passed by newer better places

46 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Might have to move the fight to bbq place. I love me some gates but wife too scared to go back

I actually go to the rebuilt one that was burned down. Funny thing is a lot of people don't like it because when it burnt down they redid everything and the smokers are new, so they don't have that char on them.

Still good. Brisket and baked beans are a can't miss.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Side note, which one did your buddy work at?

I've been to the freight house one in downtown...I think it's close to the jazz district and the one in Lee's Summit.

He was at the one on the plaza. I always forget that they have a location in the crossroads (the freight house one downtown). 

Just now, Brandon said:

Side note, you fuckers need to stop HiBoy. Especially the one off 24 HWY. That shit will kill you quicker than the Corona Virus.

Add Taco John's to that list.

Taco John’s is and always has been an affront to all that is good in the world.

2 minutes ago, Don said:

Taco John’s is and always has been an affront to all that is good in the world.

Tacos, tater tots, and the virus.

What makes me laugh is when I go out there I bring it up, but even my family thinks it's shit.

Haven't had Hardee's yet, even though it's the same. Have had Minsky's though which is solid pizza.

Edited by Brandon

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Tacos, tater tots, and the virus.

What makes me laugh is when I go out there I bring it up, but even my family thinks it's shit.

Haven't had Hardee's yet, even though it's the same. Have had Minsky's though which is solid pizza.

Hardee’s has pretty good breakfast biscuits. Chicken is ok. Can vary a lot depending on the location. 

2 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Damn I’m starving now. I miss the old days when gates was at Kauffman 

Damn, that would have been epic. I am trying to think, but don't think I have ever eaten there.

I remember looking far and wide to find Guinness there, That was the day they did a special.....the A's were in town and it was also the season opener for the Chiefs. We tailgated in a special parking lot, watch the baseball game, tailgated again, and the watched the Chiefs stomp the Chargers 21-7 in the rain.....which in early September with the humidity was basically a warm shower. Good times.