• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 hours ago, red321 said:

wife has been trying to get a sourdough starter going, haven't had much luck. Took 2 weeks to find unbleached flour.

Got mine on Amazon. I ordered it on the 15th and it's supposed to arrive between tomorrow and Thursday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086CDDKRP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

did you read the article? it outlines it in details

Yes and none of it makes any sense. 9 million dollars is a ton of money that IMO is better served elsewhere than funding the school's needs. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yes and none of it makes any sense. 9 million dollars is a ton of money that IMO is better served elsewhere than funding the school's needs. 

So the answer is no

Of the $8,655,748 Harvard is slated to receive, the government has mandated that at least half — $4,327,874 — be reserved for emergency financial aid grants to students.

And it should also be noted...Harvard's grant was smaller that a number of schools

The Department of Education allocated most of the $14 billion in funds based on two factors: the share of recipients of federal Pell Grants, and overall undergraduate and graduate enrollment numbers. It weighted the proportion of Pell Grant recipients as a factor at 75 percent, while enrollment was weighted at 25 percent.

As a result, the top 20 colleges which received the most funding are all public colleges and universities with enrollments in the tens or hundreds of thousands. Arizona State University received the largest relief package of any institution in the nation, netting more than $63 million.

Harvard’s aid package is the third-largest of the Ivy League universities’. Columbia University and Cornell University will receive the largest awards, at $12.8 million each. Yale University will receive nearly $7 million, and Princeton University will net around $2.5 million.

7 minutes ago, VladdyMo said:

Hey, man. It's your guy's relief bill. Cut Trump some slack.

I don't always agree with "my guy". 

I like the CARES act, but I misread that Harvard was getting the most of the $$$. Glad to see they're not as Red pointed out.

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

So the answer is no

Of the $8,655,748 Harvard is slated to receive, the government has mandated that at least half — $4,327,874 — be reserved for emergency financial aid grants to students.

And it should also be noted...Harvard's grant was smaller that a number of schools

The Department of Education allocated most of the $14 billion in funds based on two factors: the share of recipients of federal Pell Grants, and overall undergraduate and graduate enrollment numbers. It weighted the proportion of Pell Grant recipients as a factor at 75 percent, while enrollment was weighted at 25 percent.

As a result, the top 20 colleges which received the most funding are all public colleges and universities with enrollments in the tens or hundreds of thousands. Arizona State University received the largest relief package of any institution in the nation, netting more than $63 million.

Harvard’s aid package is the third-largest of the Ivy League universities’. Columbia University and Cornell University will receive the largest awards, at $12.8 million each. Yale University will receive nearly $7 million, and Princeton University will net around $2.5 million.

Good. Thanks for pointing that part out. I missed that part of the article.