• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Uh because they weren’t wrong.  Not sure why you think it is no big deal that 60,000 people will die and that is with all of the sacrifices we have all had to make. 

Maybe because the 240k number factored in social distancing and was a best case scenario.  60k is a bad flu and ( we may beat that number) it is part of doing business. The CDC changed death classification procedures on 25 March and we are still struggling to get numbers. The Spanish Flu didn't need help getting numbers. Truths have a way of standing by themselves. Do you really think two extra days of social distancing saved California from being New York? I am sure you understand forecasting in the food industry. I doubt you miss your projections by 75% and call it a success. 

5 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Vaccines are only about 30% effective.  What was missing from the argument was context. This was not the first new or most lethal  virus to hit the United States.

2 things.

The first, not true. Flu vaccines have a lower effecrive rate, because the flu constantly mutates. But what about polio? Smallpox? Yellow fever? Those diseases have been eradicated from America... by vaccines.

Second

The deadliest war in America was the Civil war. To say this isnt the deadliest virus thats ever hit, is akin to saying we shouldnt have taken WW2, any other war, or the Cold War that serious, because, hey, its not the Civil War.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

3 hours ago, red321 said:

Lots of reports about states ordering medical equipment and supplies, only to see them confiscated by the feds.

If what the Denver Post (op-ed) outlines here is true...that's some seriously fucked up bullshit

Cory Gardner...Republican in a tight re-election campaign in Colorado did some twitter mutual masturbation with the *president

Trump had only days before prevented Colorado Gov. Jared Polis from securing 500 ventilators from a private company, instead, taking the ventilators for the federal government. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/04/09/coronavirus-editorial-trump-gardner-polis-supplies/

“President Donald Trump is treating life-saving medical equipment as emoluments he can dole out as favors to loyalists. It’s the worst imaginable form of corruption — playing political games with lives.”

If you look at it objectively.  This might be the most presidential thing Trump has done.  Colorado is 14 in the nation on deaths per 1 million at 35.  They've had 193 deaths.  

So should Colorado get 500 ventilators?  Or should the fed step in and give a state like NY, which has 360 deaths per 1 million, with a total of 7,067 deaths some of those ventilators?  

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

2 things.

The first, not true. Flu vaccines have a lower effecrive rate, because the flew constantly mutates. But what about polio? Smallpox? Yellow fever? Those diseases have been eradicated from America... by vaccines.

Second

The deadliest war in America was the Civil war. To say this isnt the deadliest virus thats ever hit, is akin to saying we shouldnt have taken WW2, any other war, or the Cold War that serious, because, hey, its not the Civil War.

I am not against vaccines. I fully support them. You are right on the flu mutations. Thus the reason we take our best guess with vaccines but keep on living. We can't hide in the basement forever. We should take this thing serious but we can't deny that we didn't over react.  Very likely that we have done more harm than good to the nation. At some point, we have to acknowledge the truth and do better next time. 

2 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I am not against vaccines. I fully support them. You are right on the flu mutations. Thus the reason we take our best guess with vaccines but keep on living. We can't hide in the basement forever. We should take this thing serious but we can't deny that we didn't over react.  Very likely that we have done more harm than good the nation. At some point, we have to acknowledge the truth and do better next time. 

How have we overreacted? Is here any country out there that hasnt done the same things we have?

People have mentioned Sweden. Ok, thats one. But whos to say they wont change their stance once they start seeing the same numbers the rest of Europe is right now?

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

How have we overreacted? Is here any country out there that hasnt done the same things we have?

People have mentioned Sweden. Ok, thats one. But whos to say they wont change their stance once they start seeing the same numbers the rest of Europe is right now?

We have lost 10 million jobs with more to come.  South Korea didn't go to our extremes either. We can't for sure say we will get to 60k deaths either. Americans are waking up to the reality but AW is lagging a bit. This thing was basically Pujols. 

36 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If you look at it objectively.  This might be the most presidential thing Trump has done.  Colorado is 14 in the nation on deaths per 1 million at 35.  They've had 193 deaths.  

So should Colorado get 500 ventilators?  Or should the fed step in and give a state like NY, which has 360 deaths per 1 million, with a total of 7,067 deaths some of those ventilators?  

Where does it say Trump took those ventilators for NY? He is taking them and distributing them based on what is best for him politically.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

They've been selling here too. I'm just too lazy now to make the 5 exit drive.

It was canned on 2/20, so it's not as fresh as I would have liked. I dropped one off at a buddies place, he loved it but never had it before. I enjoyed it, but didn't quite measure up

14 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

We have lost 10 million jobs with more to come.  South Korea didn't go to our extremes either. We can't for sure say we will get to 60k deaths either. Americans are waking up to the reality but AW is lagging a bit. This thing was basically Pujols. 

From what I've read they kind of did and implemented strict rules and haven't taken the hit. They jumped on it right away.

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

It was canned on 2/20, so it's not as fresh as I would have liked. I dropped one off at a buddies place, he loved it but never had it before. I enjoyed it, but didn't quite measure up

For sure a beer that needs to be fresh.

46 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

That ignores the fact that the administration told states to go get things on their own, and has reportedly been seizing goods on a regular basis. If that was also their aim, then they probably should have had that talk with the governor and negotiated what made sense rather than seize the goods, and then come back and say they were getting 100 because of the Republican Senator up for re-election.

4 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Where does it say Trump took those ventilators for NY? He is taking them and distributing them based on what is best for him politically.

And NY and CA is best for him politically?  Because I can show you articles saying CA and NY are getting what they need.  Two of the bigger Rona hotspots in the nation.  And both, gasp, strong Democratic strongholds.

21 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

South Korea had an extensive testing regime from almost the get go, something the US still doesn't have in place and based on the administration's statement they are going to stop funding a number of drive in test sites and Trump's statements today that testing was "a nice thing"...it appears the US will continue to lag behind on the testing front. South Korea testing also included detailed contact tracing which has allowed them to target who was quarantined.

The US and South Korea discovered their first infected person on the same day.  

4 hours ago, red321 said:

I think you got called out for posting inane facebook conspiracy memes and need to watch out you don't hurt yourself back peddling

We're friends on Facebook. Did you see me share this? 

I saw it on Facebook and Twitter. I brought it up for discussion here.

There is no back-peddling. This did exposure your sensitivity to this type of content. 

As always, it's you libs that get your panties in a bunch when certain topics come up.

200.gif

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

From what I've read they kind of did and implemented strict rules and haven't taken the hit. They jumped on it right away.

S Korea was really good with testing. The whole lock down thing started in China. Can't believe people believe China controlled it this way. Way more likely they buried the sick until the virus was under control.  Italy is starting to see severe backlash over their lock down .Seems Taiwan isn't playing the freedom grab game either. I am sure they will have deaths. AW is acting like there isn't a dollar value assigned to lives. Government and insurance companies have operated on a dollar to lives concept for years. I am happy we didn't lose that many people but it is time for an exit strategy. Local mayors have become kings and this power grab isn't going away over night. Trump really is in a tough spot but he has to get the country back to work. 8 more weeks is unacceptable.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/04/08/asia-pacific/hong-kong-taiwan-south-korea-buck-global-lockdown-trend/#.Xo_AuP1Kjcc

16 minutes ago, red321 said:

South Korea had an extensive testing regime from almost the get go, something the US still doesn't have in place and based on the administration's statement they are going to stop funding a number of drive in test sites and Trump's statements today that testing was "a nice thing"...it appears the US will continue to lag behind on the testing front. South Korea testing also included detailed contact tracing which has allowed them to target who was quarantined.

The US and South Korea discovered their first infected person on the same day.  

They also live in a country with 14 times the population density and take the train damn near everywhere. They should be getting smashed. Testing is good but will never catch all the sick.  There has to be some wide spread immunity that is developing to slow this thing.  If it isn't immunity this thing must be really weak. We know it spreads fast but the just not killing as advertised. Scientists and lock down fans are ignoring reality. S Korea did well with testing but they didn't get everyone. The virus lives on and amazingly so are they.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

There is no back-peddling. This did exposure your sensitivity to this type of content. 

As always, it's you libs that get your panties in a bunch when certain topics come up.

200.gif

Haha typical libs hating Facebook shitposts

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

200.gif

Nah.  Pretty sure there was some back pedaling that went on today.

Look on the bright side... At least you didn’t create a separate thread for it to be bumped at a later date.

44 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

South Korea also got a far earlier jump than we did. Which is apples and oranges, like the Cuba/HIV topic.

And everyone is being tracked in their cellphone. Are you willing to do that? 

2 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

Nah.  Pretty sure there was some back pedaling that went on today.

Look on the bright side... At least you didn’t create a separate thread for it to be bumped at a later date.

So you're saying I shared the Bill Gates stuff because I actually believe it and I'm trying to evangelize antivaxers message? lol

oh god smh GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon