• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

found this study which kinds shows what is going on today in italy has been the norm for a few years. the regular flu has been much more deadly there for last few years. study pre dates coronamania. 

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(19)30328-5/

In recent years, Italy has been registering peaks in death rates, particularly among the elderly during the winter season. A mortality rate of 10.7 per 1,000 inhabitants was observed in the winter season 2014/2015 (more than 375,000 deaths in absolute terms), corresponding to an estimated 54,000 excess deaths 

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My dad was supposed to get a bone scan for his cancer, but they arent doing them anymore. 

These are the kind of things why the hoopla is happening. To suggest covid is merely a bad flu misses the point. Its not replacing the flu...

Was at a major hospital earlier today. Theyre keeping tight lipped, but apparently they have the most covid patients in the county. Not sure why. Hospitals all specialize in something. Not sure what this one specializes in, but most are being sent there.

this is my concern for all the other people. really think we will see how overplayed this has been. not a joke but not worth ignoring other more serious illnesses. hope all is good in the future for your dad

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

The Coronavirus be like "Yeah I can't infect or kill everyone on my own but what about all the people who will die because they can't get the non-me related care they need?"

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

should read that study. i posted. right now corona getting the same or less than the flu and they didnt do anything really to prevent this. 

32 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

When people who may have a contagious virus are going around and intentionally doing things that could make others sick that should be treated as an act of terrorism.  Drop the hammer on a few of these idiots and the rest will hopefully think twice. 

or extremists planning on blowing up a hospital in the middle of a pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/26/hospital-bomb-attack-man-killed-fbi-agents-missouri

A months-long investigation determined that Wilson was a potentially violent extremist, motivated by religious, racial and anti-government beliefs, according to the statement. He had planned for several months to carry out a bombing and decided to target a Kansas City-area hospital using a “vehicle-borne” improvised explosive.

Wilson chose a hospital that was providing critical care during the current coronavirus pandemic and had taken steps to acquire materials to build the bomb in an attempt to cause “severe harm and mass casualties”, according to the statement.

15 minutes ago, red321 said:

or extremists planning on blowing up a hospital in the middle of a pandemic

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/26/hospital-bomb-attack-man-killed-fbi-agents-missouri

A months-long investigation determined that Wilson was a potentially violent extremist, motivated by religious, racial and anti-government beliefs, according to the statement. He had planned for several months to carry out a bombing and decided to target a Kansas City-area hospital using a “vehicle-borne” improvised explosive.

Wilson chose a hospital that was providing critical care during the current coronavirus pandemic and had taken steps to acquire materials to build the bomb in an attempt to cause “severe harm and mass casualties”, according to the statement.

Kansas City?

Hmm..........

As of last night New York had 10x as many cases as CA while having 7% of all confirmed cases in the world.  If people follow the stay in place order a lot of CA should see a drop off.  It's the densely populated cities or areas that will likely get worse before they get better.   

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

For all the talk about some senators holding it up, finally they put their petty crap behind them.

Senate unanimously passes $2T coronavirus stimulus package

Did they though?  If all those line items that had nothing to do with it made it in, and by all accounts many have... the best you can say is that they reached compromise which is suppose is more than they have done in the last 3 years. 
The only thing i oppose in all this more than corporate bailouts is line items that have nothing to do with the crisis.  I will vote against every person i can on both sides who was responsible for taking advantage of this crisis to push agendas. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

When people who may have a contagious virus are going around and intentionally doing things that could make others sick that should be treated as an act of terrorism.  Drop the hammer on a few of these idiots and the rest will hopefully think twice. 

This.

Set an example so others take notice. 

9 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

The doomsday scenario should have been briefed at 40-50k not millions. Right now 8-10k here likely but a lower number is possible. 18-23 not impossible and that would be less than flu. 

So now you've switched to the, let's take this serious, side? 

17 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Garcetti is warning of mass deaths and a much more dire progression of the disease, says we need to be locked down for two more months and maybe longer.

WTH is he smoking?!

you do realize the US is just starting to get where Italy was 2-3 weeks ago, right? NY and Washington are just going to start seeing their spike and LA is probably a week or two behind that. Hopefully a 2-3 month projection is overblown, but unfortunately anyone who thinks we are going to start going back to normal in the next week or so is sadly mistaken.