• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

17 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I would like to answer Chuck's question but I  the answer is everything is political now.  The illness is real but the political capital to be gained is why this is such an issue. 2009  wasn't a major election year.

What about China?  Italy?  Spain, France?  Germany now has now forbids groups of more than 2.  England has also upped their restrictions.  There are no common political threads across all these countries, unless you believe in an X-Files conspiracy.  The whole world is heading toward lockdown.

Found a 50 pack of masks I ordered last fall when I was doing some work to my basement. I think I used like two. Took five out today to keep for myself, then called the local PD to ask if they wanted the rest. They did, and actually sent someone to my house to pick them up. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can someone answer this question for me? 

I'm not trying to stir shit up or anything. I legit just want to know. Please leave politics out of this. 

This question has been asked and answered ad nauseam. A quick google search will reveal several reputable articles giving you the answer

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Nobel Laureate: Why Coronavirus Crisis May Be Over Sooner Than Many Think

https://www.dailywire.com/news/nobel-laureate-why-coronavirus-crisis-may-be-over-sooner-than-you-think

You say you want to leave politics out of it, yet you link to the Daily Wire.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/

Chuck, by the way, I think you're awesome and I respect you tons. Me calling you out is more from frustration that people are finding reasons to not take the virus seriously, rather than me thinking negatively about you in any way.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You say you want to leave politics out of it, yet you link to the Daily Wire.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-daily-wire/

Chuck, by the way, I think you're awesome and I respect you tons. Me calling you out is more from frustration that people are finding reasons to not take the virus seriously, rather than me thinking negatively about you in any way.

Mediabias is the "TDS" for the cons.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can someone answer this question for me? 

I'm not trying to stir shit up or anything. I legit just want to know. Please leave politics out of this. 

Coronavirus' are more deadly than influenza (aside from say the 1918 fiasco). SARS and MERS were a lot bigger deal that swine flu (though bird flu is the big one). Both were contained, though, before they went pandemic.

This one looks to be far more contagious than SARS, and definitely more than MERS. Less deadly than the two, which is good. But far better at spreading.... which is bad.

So to simplify, its super contagious in regards to previous coronavirus', and far more dangerous than the flu outbreaks we normally see.

The most serious issue here is that our emergency care services will be overwhelmed.  That’s when the bodies will start stacking.  They simply have to do everything possible to expand capacity quickly and they must pound home to the public that the spread can only be stemmed with cooperation. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

18 minutes ago, well_red said:

What about China?  Italy?  Spain, France?  Germany now has now forbids groups of more than 2.  England has also upped their restrictions.  There are no common political threads across all these countries, unless you believe in an X-Files conspiracy.  The whole world is heading toward lockdown.

China did nothing and there true numbers will never be known.  South Korea and Germany did a much better job with testing thus their numbers reflect a much lower fatality rate. Spain and Italy were slow to react and are only testing the ill. Their stats are not capturing the  people who are infected but not sick. Italy and Spain have large populations of Chinese which include immigrant workers. They also have a lot of old people. Their situations resemble the Seattle senior citizen. Even regular flu is ruthless on old people. The political fallout is being weighed by both sides with every decision. The media on both sides have backed their candidates with coverage. I dont believe Trump would have went this far but he knew the press would trash him. He looks to be walking some of this stuff back now. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

It’s a fair question to ask, and likely the reason some think this has been a big overreaction.

Heard someone suggest this has been a test run to see how well the government can take over and how people will respond to that control. It’s not all that far-fetched an idea.

But the government would have to be willing to crash its own economy (they wouldnt), and the rest of the world would have to follow suit (they wouldnt).

And it would have to include government working together.

They wouldnt.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

My good friend almost died from the flu. He got so dehydrated that his kidneys were failing. He’s temporarily on dialysis. He’s been out of commission for over a month. The flu is wicked too

Update:

I went to dialysis today and the doctor said if my test come back good this Wednesday, he will change me to only going to dialysis to one day a week.

He said he’s looking at about 3 weeks and I my be done completely 

🙏🏾

Text from my buddy last night. I’ve learned to treat all our illness’ seriously after this. Drink lots of fluids if you do get sick. 

Remember that time there was an Obama press conference and someone asked what he would say to the public to reassure them?  And instead of answering the question, Obama threw a tantrum, and, instead of acting like a leader, went on a diatribe, and said, "That's a nasty question!!"?

So do I.

Both sides.

All the same.

8 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

both sides

all politicians are the same

both great guys

Agreed. Im a bonafide Indepedant for that reason. I agree with both sides on various issues, think both are mouth breathing fools on others.

And neither really care about me. Or you. Some individuals in Govt do. But party wise, they only care about being the dominant party, not whats best for everyone.

17 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I haven't been to the political board in ages.  The brain dead magas make me ill.

Some maga got his feewings hurt and took the covid thread TO THE POLITICAL BOARD

This is a medical problem, not a political one. The main reason the market has been crashing the past few days is the senators have been playing politics with this virus which threatens the future of this country. The market is way up today because it appears they are getting the message and coming to an agreement. Imagine that, a compromise! 

Putting that aside, my fervent hope is we can close this thread within weeks from now and not months.