• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I’m a republican and like I said 3 years ago, I didn’t vote for him, I didn’t vote at all.  

Same. I never gave serious consideration to voting for him. It was easy for me to see how vile he was from the beginning. Not sure how so many others failed to see it (blind hatred toward Hilary, I believe).

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Same. I never gave serious consideration to voting for him. It was easy for me to see how vile he was from the beginning. Not sure how so many others failed to see it (blind hatred toward Hilary, I believe).

quote I read this morning from Charles Pierce

But the fact is that electing a TV clown and real-estate grifter to be president just to own the libs—and because you hate Hillary Rodham Clinton—turns out to have been a bad idea all around. This is an administration that was set up to fail and it has followed its programming precisely.

The response to Hurricane Maria was a warning shot that was ignored

Mortality rates from Italy

ES_e2gzWsAIMh3r.png

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/this-should-focus-our-attention-on-the-vulnerable-news-from-italy

The case fatality rate here is higher than it is in South Korea and similar though still slightly higher than those from the initial outbreak in Wuhan. That is likely due to an overwhelmed hospital system in which the quality of care becomes degraded and more limited testing of the mildly ill in a crisis context. But what is very consistent is the relationship between age, severity and mortality. Mortality is very limited for people under 50 (only two fatalities under 50 years of age to date out of almost 13,882 infections. But especially for people over age 70, it is highly, highly lethal.

14 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've read more than once that South Korea has been able to test at an extremely fast rate which has helped them reduce the mortality rates:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/coronavirus-test-kits-south-korea-us/2020/03/13/007f14fc-64a1-11ea-8a8e-5c5336b32760_story.html

Amazing how far behind the US has been.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Sure.

Nobody here voted for him 

Sure.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

If people say they didn't vote for him, I believe them. I'm pretty sure Chuck, MAGA, and yvangelfan are the only self-confirmed Trump voters on AngelsWin.

31 minutes ago, wopphil said:

1 hour ago, angelinkc said:

this thread going to be interesting in 6-8 weeks. we will be mourning a lot of deaths or trying to explain how america survived in spite of trump.

Listen guys I’m not a big Trump fan either but your posts in this thread are stale as fuck. Take your bullshit and get the fuck out of here. We are talking about the spread of the virus, the effects on our communities and how we are preparing. All you bring to the table is orange man bad. Eat a cruise ship of dicks. 

55 minutes ago, red321 said:

Mortality rates from Italy

ES_e2gzWsAIMh3r.png

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/this-should-focus-our-attention-on-the-vulnerable-news-from-italy

The case fatality rate here is higher than it is in South Korea and similar though still slightly higher than those from the initial outbreak in Wuhan. That is likely due to an overwhelmed hospital system in which the quality of care becomes degraded and more limited testing of the mildly ill in a crisis context. But what is very consistent is the relationship between age, severity and mortality. Mortality is very limited for people under 50 (only two fatalities under 50 years of age to date out of almost 13,882 infections. But especially for people over age 70, it is highly, highly lethal.

good breakdown. I think we do need to stress avoiding contact with the older folks. Even if we feel healthy, probably best to visit less or not at all. Charitable groups and government efforts should be more focused on providing them services with reduced exposure. I think we can do this and still allow some events to continue with or without fans. 

At least when I do have to go into work over the next month the drive should be a lot better.  I'll be curious to see how many kids are out and about with the schools closed.  I realize keeping kids entertained is a hard sell especially if you tell them to stay at home but reducing social interactions backfires if the playgrounds and parks are full of kids.  

Trump says he does not support House coronavirus bill

From CNN's Sarah Westwood and Jason Hoffman

President Trump said Friday he does not currently support the House Democrats’ coronavirus bill, which would among other things provide paid leave to Americans who can’t go into work during the pandemic. 

“We just don’t think they’re giving enough, we don’t think the Democrats are giving enough,” Trump said during an appearance in the Rose Garden.

"We thought we had something, but all of a sudden they didn’t agree to certain things,” Trump said of Democrats.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin spoke eight times Friday as they worked to negotiate a coronavirus response all sides can support, although sticking points over the paid leave aspects of the legislation remain. 

"They’re not doing what’s right for the country,” Trump said.

1 hour ago, st1ckboy said:

Listen guys I’m not a big Trump fan either but your posts in this thread are stale as fuck. Take your bullshit and get the fuck out of here. We are talking about the spread of the virus, the effects on our communities and how we are preparing. All you bring to the table is orange man bad. Eat a cruise ship of dicks. 

If you are so much of a bitch that you can’t read a message board thread without getting your g in a wad, maybe you should stay in your safe space. 

20 minutes ago, wopphil said:

If you are so much of a bitch that you can’t read a message board thread without getting your g in a wad, maybe you should stay in your safe space. 

16 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Listen guy I’m not a big Trump fan either but your posts in this thread are stale as fuck. Take your bullshit and get the fuck out of here. We are talking about the spread of the virus, the effects on our communities and how we are preparing. All you bring to the table is orange man bad. Eat a cruise ship of dicks. 

27 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Ha, I knew st1ck would never say the phrase "orange man bad". That's the new "but Obama".

I'm for anyone talking shit on Trump, regardless of thread. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to head over to the Tech Central board. I've got some words I want to share about him over there. 

7 min ago

At least 2,033 cases of coronavirus have been reported in the US

From CNN's Allison Flexner

This scanning electron microscope image shows SARS-CoV-2 (orange)—also known as 2019-nCoV, the virus that causes COVID-19—isolated from a patient in the US, emerging from the surface of cells (gray) cultured in the lab. NIAID-RML

There are at least 2,033 cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States, according to the state and local health agencies, governments and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

According to the CDC, there are 70 cases from repatriated citizens. According to CNN Health’s tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the United States through US public health systems, there are 1,963 cases in 48 states and the District of Columbia, bringing the total number of coronavirus cases to 2,033. In total, 47 people have died.