• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Why I’m Optimistic About this Team

19 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I’m optimistic about 2020 and beyond. This is an obvious tread water year and it has been since they Made Harvey and Cahill the big acquisitions 

the 2019 team isn’t “bad” but it’d be a big surprise if they made the playoffs

With the growing disparity between playoff teams and tanking teams, you have to be legitimately good to be a serious playoff contender. It’s getting harder than ever. 

48 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I’m optimistic about 2020 and beyond. This is an obvious tread water year and it has been since they Made Harvey and Cahill the big acquisitions 

the 2019 team isn’t “bad” but it’d be a big surprise if they made the playoffs

Exactly. 

Its been a shitty 4 years or so. And i get why people are impatient. But IMHO, this team is going to turn the corner faster than people think.

Think about how many good teams the last few years came out of nowhere. Sucked for a few years, then were powerhouses. I think were headed there. 

Just need to fix the pitching, and we should be good to go.

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exactly. 

Its been a shitty 4 years or so. And i get why people are impatient. But IMHO, this team is going to turn the corner faster than people think.

Think about how many good teams the last few years came out of nowhere. Sucked for a few years, then were powerhouses. I think were headed there. 

Just need to fix the pitching, and we should be good to go.

2020 might be a bit of a learning curve for youth still, but if things stay on course they could become an incredibly good, lethal team by 2021. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

2020 might be a bit of a learning curve for youth still, but if things stay on course they could become an incredibly good, lethal team by 2021. 

Agreed. Call ups will have to adjust, we will have to see how ohtani rebounds, how the league adjusts to canning, etc.

IP (i think) mentioned pre season simply replacing certain players with league average would be a huge boost. I think were seeing that with the pitching staff. Skaggs and heaney have been let downs, but if we had 2 more of them to replace cahill and the dark knight from kickoff, this would be a lot better team already.

I feel like there's been a post like this each year going back to 2016.  I think there's definitely reasons to be optimistic with the young players contributing now but I also think next year we will see some growing pains.  I know it's a risk, will be expensive and most big contracts aren't worth it when all is said and done but I'd still like to see the Angels make a strong run at Cole.  I'd feel a lot better about next year and some of the younger pitchers developing if the Angels had a legit ace they'd start in the wild card game.  Regardless I like seeing the young guys get a shot and look forward to what the next few years brings.  

32 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I feel like there's been a post like this each year going back to 2016.  I think there's definitely reasons to be optimistic with the young players contributing now but I also think next year we will see some growing pains.  I know it's a risk, will be expensive and most big contracts aren't worth it when all is said and done but I'd still like to see the Angels make a strong run at Cole.  I'd feel a lot better about next year and some of the younger pitchers developing if the Angels had a legit ace they'd start in the wild card game.  Regardless I like seeing the young guys get a shot and look forward to what the next few years brings.  

We haven’t had prospects like these hitting the roster every season, so that’s not possible. If we have had posts like this, it’s always been with an eye around 2019-2021, when we knew this wave would start reaching the bigs. 

19 minutes ago, totdprods said:

We haven’t had prospects like these hitting the roster every season, so that’s not possible. If we have had posts like this, it’s always been with an eye around 2019-2021, when we knew this wave would start reaching the bigs. 

Each of the last 3-4 years there's been a post of someone trying to spin why the future should look brighter.  I'm not saying it's been because of the same reasoning.  

42 minutes ago, totdprods said:

This was my big reason for writing this post. Guys like Rengifo, Canning, Suarez, Fletcher, have not been seen around these parts for some time. I'm also probably seen around here as more of the negative type, but I can see the tide turning this year and definitely in to next year. 

I’d be a lot more optimistic about the team if Eppler will roll the dice and trade for a legit front of the rotation starter. Go get a veteran arm like Bumgarner who been there done that with John Lackey sprinkles (mentality) on top.  

I very optimistic about our offense. I think it’s good enough to compete with any team out there. I think the bullpen will be above average especially with help on the way back to the team. 

monkey drumming GIF

11 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This is nothing more than a tread water year. The sooner you realize it, the better for your mental health. It'd be a shock if they weren't somewhere between 77-82 wins at the end of the year.

Yep.

I sleep like a baby, not worrying anymore about this season.