• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

6/5 A's at Angels Gameday thread Mengden vs Pena(Cam opening)

51 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

F*ck this game.

51 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The whole thing was fuc*king bungled

50 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

What a f@cking joke.  Holy crap.  

49 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

This is the most buttercup ass Angels shit. Holy shit. 

43 minutes ago, TroutField said:

This team is Facking sickening, my god 

42 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Only the Angels would come back from a 7-1 deficit only to lose because their catcher lollygags it. Seriously he needs to be disciplined for that 

42 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And that friends is the difference between the 2019 A’s and Angels.  Great play goddamnit. 

42 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

this is fully fucking demoralizing.  

image.gif

Just now, Stradling said:

I’d seriously like to know, what discipline looks like to you for a major league catcher?  

Sit him down and say I get that it’s a long season and it was a tough game but the expectation is that you’re tuned in and focused especially in very important points of the game... not hustling to the ball on that play was inexcusable and it simply cannot happen at this level.

im a chef and it’s no different than if one of cooks was half assing it and not staying focused. You sit them down and say what’s going on dude? I have an expectation and you’re not meeting it 

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Sit him down and say I get that it’s a long season and it was a tough game but the expectation is that you’re tuned in and focused especially in very important points of the game... not hustling to the ball on that play was inexcusable and it simply cannot happen at this level.

im a chef and it’s no different than if one of cooks was half assing it and not staying focused. You sit them down and say what’s going on dude? I have an expectation and you’re not meeting it 

Ok, fair enough.  I can not imagine a situation where that isn’t happening.  If you are in any type of leadership position you understand that accountability is mandatory.  Most fans want their players “disciplined” at a level they would never consider fair if it was happening to them when they screw up at work.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, fair enough.  I can not imagine a situation where that isn’t happening.  If you are in any type of leadership position you understand that accountability is mandatory.  Most fans want their players “disciplined” at a level they would never consider fair if it was happening to them when they screw up at work.  

I’m not too sure how that would be handled in a major league clubhouse. Especially with somebody with as much experience as Lucroy but a WTF from Ausmus is necessary, imo. 

Although im sure it’s water under the bridge since we won 

4 minutes ago, TroutField said:

I’m not too sure how that would be handled in a major league clubhouse. Especially with somebody with as much experience as Lucroy but a WTF from Ausmus is necessary, imo. 

even if they lost, it was never gonna happen.  Lucroy is enough of a vet to know he made a mistake and no comments from Ausmus would change anything.  I still don't like him though.  

2 minutes ago, TroutField said:

That is the absolute worst way to handle it.  I have lead people that only want to hold their people accountable when there are negative affects to their mistakes.  If they make a mistake address it, no matter the outcome.  One of the reasons I liked Scioscia is something I saw him do in spring training to Mathis on one of the back fields.  I was at the game before and the Angels blew out whoever they were playing.  Well in that game some guy on the opposing team stole a base in this blowout.  Well the next day on one of the back fields you see Scioscia working with Mathis, Napoli and a couple of the other guys.  Scioscia has a guy on first base taking a lead, and he has Mathis adjusting the angle of his body.  To me it looked like it was to give the pitcher a better target, while seeing the runner at first in his peripheral.  He keeps having him take small angle shifts, to give that target to the pitcher but see the runner on first.  Then he says can you still see the runner on first, Mathis is like yea, I can see him.  Mike says, “then what happened yesterday?”  Even that is accountability.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That is the absolute worst way to handle it.  I have lead people that only want to hold their people accountable when there are negative affects to their mistakes.  If they make a mistake address it, no matter the outcome.  One of the reasons I liked Scioscia is something I saw him do in spring training to Mathis on one of the back fields.  I was at the game before and the Angels blew out whoever they were playing.  Well in that game some guy on the opposing team stole a base in this blowout.  Well the next day on one of the back fields you see Scioscia working with Mathis, Napoli and a couple of the other guys.  Scioscia has a guy on first base taking a lead, and he has Mathis adjusting the angle of his body.  To me it looked like it was to give the pitcher a better target, while seeing the runner at first in his peripheral.  He keeps having him take small angle shifts, to give that target to the pitcher but see the runner on first.  Then he says can you still see the runner on first, Mathis is like yea, I can see him.  Mike says, “then what happened yesterday?”  Even that is accountability.  

did mathis throw to first when the runner stole 2nd?  (had to do it)

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Sosh got a lot of shit but he was a great manager for reasons like that