• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

All Umpires Suck

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

That pitch could of been called either way imo. It was too close to take ... you gotta protect 

such a bs cop out

it wasn't a strike and should not have been called one.  

if he swings at that they everyone is pissed about him swinging at ball 4.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

such a bs cop out

it wasn't a strike and should not have been called one.  

if he swings at that they everyone is pissed about him swinging at ball 4.  

Pitchers are taught to paint the corners and catchers are taught to fame the pitch as you know. Kudos to the catcher ... it’s part of the game. 

It was a ball but it’s common to see that pitch called a strike. No use crying about it. Much bigger games have been decided over ‘too close to take’ pitches. I seen it go the Angels way many times. 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Pitchers are taught to paint the corners and catchers are taught to fame the pitch as you know. Kudos to the catcher ... it’s part of the game. 

It was a ball but it’s common to see that pitch called a strike. No use crying about it. Much bigger games have been decided over ‘too close to take’ pitches. I seen it go the Angels way many times. 

it's dumb.  they should get it right.  

10 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Lol you’ve never umpired have you. Calling close pitches is a nightmare in youth baseball ... I can’t even imagine what it would be like at the ML level. 

I have and it's hard.  But so is my current job.  I trained for years and years and I still make mistakes once in awhile.  Which I can get sued for.  

I'm not actually asking for robotic umps.  Just some form of accountability to the force driving the sport.  The force that drives any sport - the fans.  

we watch mistake after mistake and there is nothing offered in the way of accountability.  

Every team, every player, every fan knows that Angel Hernandez totally sucks at his job.  

Give the umps the ability to use technology to make them better.  It's not rocket science.  

3 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

They also need a technical solution for the check swing call.  The "offering" at the pitch language is way to vague.

Heaney should have gotten the check swing 3rd strike call in the 4th inning.  Instead the inning continued and his pitch count soared. 

Shouldn’t It always be a strike if the bat passes the front of the plate?

Heaney's pitches mapped. Only one pitch was clearly a missed called strike. One called strike should have been called a ball.

location.php-pitchSel=571760&game=gid_20

Marco Gonzalez, on the other hand, was cheated out of four obvious strikes. He did get 3 out of zone strikes and two boderline.

location.php-pitchSel=594835&game=gid_20

Today's game the umpire had no appreciation of Suarez's pitches.

location.php-pitchSel=660761&game=gid_20

But he was inconsistent and and gave LeBlanc that zone.

location.php-pitchSel=453281&game=gid_20