• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday 5/15 Angels @ Twins (Walsh debut)

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We're back in it!! 

Just when I turned the game on. 

The Twins announcers drooling over the Angels hitters approaches and going the other way. 

They've done that the entire series, especially Morneau 

We may lose this series, but I'm pretty encouraged by the Angels playing against a very good team offensively, and we went up against their three best pitchers. Last game could have easily went in our direction if it wasn't for a couple of Ohtani's baserunner blunders, an 0-fer from Trout and an awful managerial decision by Ausmus. 

Today we got to Odorizzi who has been LIGHTS OUT and at least we're in the game with three innings to go. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We may lose this series, but I'm pretty encouraged by the Angels playing against a very good team offensively, and we went up against their three best pitchers. Last game could have easily went in our direction if it wasn't for a couple of Ohtani's baserunner blunders, an 0-fer from Trout and an awful managerial decision by Ausmus. 

Today we got to Odorizzi who has been LIGHTS OUT and at least we're in the game with three innings to go. 

I'll be encourage if the Angels can come from behind and win this game.  It's great when they beat up on the Tigers and Orioles... but it's not enough to encourage me. 

I still hope to see this team at full strength with everyone healthy. 

This type of game was the barometer to see where the Angels really are as a team this year.

Yes, the offense is hitting the ball in the series.  But there are still issues hitting with RISP.  The key hits aren't there against quality pitching.  

Starting pitching, aside from the first game in the series, has been bad to awful.  Again, this is magnified against good teams.

Now, we have to factor in horrible in-game management.  That was a factor that was magnified last night.  Just another thing to worry about.

While there are some good things to take from this series, the reality is this series picked the scabs and they are bleeding still

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Im not sure about that.

Im definitely not sure the Angels are better either. This feels like a game the Angels should be winning, except Cahil sucks and we can't seem to drive in the guys we get on base.

The Angels starting pitching is my basis for my assessment