• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Bourjos and Stratton DFAd, Ohtani, Allen, and Cozart activated, Rengifo to AAA

mmc

The moves today surprised me a little. I didn’t think they could have a 3-man bench with Ohtani. They have a really inflexible bench now. Bour and Pujols can only play 1B. Smith is a C. Ohtani plays no position. Fletcher is now the 4th OF. No defensive replacement for Goodwin. La Stella is the best pinch runner for Pujols. 

However, I think what these moves, and the subsequent game, told us is that Luke Bard is climbing the ladder of bullpen prominence. 

He was the most optionable guy if they wanted Ohtani to take a pitcher’s spot, but clearly they think he’s pretty valuable at the moment. He’s also on nice run of about 6 straight very good outings. 

Coincidentally, on the day they DFA’d one “spin guy” who didn’t work out, the other one had one of his best games. 

Bourjos probably winds up at SLC as a 4- A player

I was sort of surprised PJB made the opening day roster

But he had a great start to ST -- sort of tailed off at the end.

Like PJB a lot - hope he can stick with the organization.

I see him as a long term guy here with the Halos long after his playing days are over - which could be sooner than expected at this point

11 hours ago, Angelfan said:

Would it be to much to get the Angels to DFA Justin Bour?  Not swinging bat well and fundamentals have been totally lacking.

9 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The moves today surprised me a little. I didn’t think they could have a 3-man bench with Ohtani. They have a really inflexible bench now. Bour and Pujols can only play 1B. Smith is a C. Ohtani plays no position. Fletcher is now the 4th OF. No defensive replacement for Goodwin. La Stella is the best pinch runner for Pujols.  

Maybe release Bour and call up (not sure who) or (more likely) make a small trade for somebody more versatile? I think LaStella ends up some at 1b, against RHP when Pujols needs a day off.....and who knows how long Pujols can play 1b and stay healthy....

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

Maybe release Bour and call up (not sure who) or (more likely) make a small trade for somebody more versatile? I think LaStella ends up some at 1b, against RHP when Pujols needs a day off.....and who knows how long Pujols can play 1b and stay healthy....

Bour has options. They won’t release him.