• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Sciosmus

Glen

47 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Bour knows he's supposed to run to first, and he chose not to. That's not a brain fart.

What if the player loses it in the lights, or maybe drops the ball?  He just pretty much quit on the team. It was pretty disrespectful to the team, manager, and the fans who paid to watch him put no effort in a key part of the game.

Ok, and I still see no reason to handle it with a heavy hand simply to appease faux outraged fans. 

Our manager is so boring.

In the 1st inning with Pujols up who is an easy DP candidate he just anchors Simmons and Trout on the base paths against a guy who takes forever to get to home plate with his delivery. 

Rarely see any action on the bases, bunts or any out of the box ideas coming from the guy. 

The past two nights he brings in Allen in a tie game late. Ugh! 

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

I have spent the last 30 years managaing and leading people, being a hard ass doesn’t get any more future results than handling it different.

I hear you. I have followed dictatorial managers twice, and it is amazing what happens when you treat people like human beings. I am more interested in finding solutions than in fixing blame.

I wish more people understood what we are watching.  This is an obvious rebuild and one that takes years because it really has to start from the ground up.   So when people bitch about the free agents on one year deals being bad or mediocre, it may not be by design but it isn’t completely unexpected either.   This isn’t incompetence.   To judge a manager with this roster after 21 games makes you the idiot, not Ausmus.   Question a decision, sure that’s normal.   Assume he’s shit with this roster with the options he has is borderline insane. 

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wish more people understood what we are watching.  This is an obvious rebuild and one that takes years because it really has to start from the ground up.   So when people bitch about the free agents on one year deals being bad or mediocre, it may not be by design but it isn’t completely unexpected either.   This isn’t incompetence.   To judge a manager with this roster after 21 games makes you the idiot, not Ausmus.   Question a decision, sure that’s normal.   Assume he’s shit with this roster with the options he has is borderline insane. 

I wish I were as smart as you. It must be hard to put up with the rest of us idiots here. I admire your patience.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

"We're playing just well enough to lose." No manager should say that. 

I'm guessing Ausmus made that comment?   Wasn't the narrative while MS was here that he wasn't honest about things and simply reached into his bag of canned responses anytime someone asked him a question?  Now Ausmus makes what should be viewed as a genuine statement and people are actually saying no manager should say that??   So, you want to be lied to???  

You know, I haven't watched any of the game during the losing streak because I've been super busy but simply looking at the box scores and reading game summaries I actually thought the same ass thing -- "Man, they are playing just well enough to lose".   Do you really think those guys in the clubhouse arent thinking something similar?  Do you really want to be spoon fed some BS about how everyone is grinding and they team is just missing?   It's not likely those comments would make you feel any better.

Reality is they have been playing well enough to come close but ultimately lose.   You can focus on the losses and wallow in that or hold out hope that with certain guys getting closer to returning they may be enough to tip the scales some.   I'm just wanting the guys on one year deals to get hot between May and July and generate some interest..  None of them will be a part of the next good Angels team, I want the money spent on them to translate into prospects that might actually provide value..  not even top 100 guys, just people who can keep from tripping over their own junk.

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I wish I were as smart as you. It must be hard to put up with the rest of us idiots here. I admire your patience.

I stand by that comment.  If you think the manager sucks after 21 games with this roster then you are an idiot.   Now over time you may be proven right but after 21 games, no way to know. You are a baseball historian, you know this is true.   So taking exception to it is silly.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I get that.   My main frustration is wondering if next season could bring the same thing.  I understand that patience was required, but it has been a challenge.

Finally, the first wave of true prospects will be here by later on this season into 2020.

it does take generally 4-5 years to rebuild a franchise from how far down J. Pierrepont Reagins and Dumbpoto took it to.

Those M’s acquisitions have to eventually slump, one would think?