• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

So with no options in LF until Upton is back..

Chuck

9 minutes ago, Bruce Nye said:

I like Goodwin.  He bats from the left side.  

Yeah, since Goodwin has hit lefties better than righties in his career to hell with the platoon. Just let Goodwin start all of the games if we're not going to sign Span or take a chance on a guy like Holliday. 

Bourjos is just a defensive replacement outfielder that offers little with the bat and he never learned to be an accomplished base stealer unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, totdprods said:

Same...but like Hermosillo and Adell, Parker is hurt. Also, it's been four games. Goodwin has a hint of potential and upside still - Bourjos is a 4th OF at this point. 

It also wouldn't surprise me if Upton progressed somewhat quicker than expected too. They should be cautious with him, but a 2-3 month feels a little too precautionary.

Yeah I'm not saying to give up on Goodwin or Bourjesus, but if it comes down to it later in the month, I'd give Parker a shot assuming he's healthy over Hermosillo or signing a FA

Did you guys notice how Goodwin’s hustle on a routine grounder got the Angels a run today?

If David Fletcher or Eric Young Jr. did that people would be raving about all his energy and heart and what a winning player he is. 

By the way, today I asked about Fletcher playing LF. It’s in the Heaney story. 

I also asked about Jared Walsh and Ausmus said he’s not really an outfielder. He said that’s his third position, after 1B and P. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Did you guys notice how Goodwin’s hustle on a routine grounder got the Angels a run today?

If David Fletcher or Eric Young Jr. did that people would be raving about all his energy and heart and what a winning player he is. 

I also asked about Jared Walsh and Ausmus said he’s not really an outfielder. He said that’s his third position, after 1B and P. 

but Fletcher is like Eckstein. he hustles, gives 411% and most importantly, plays the game the right way. 

grit.

4 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I'm not really sure where this is coming from, but I'm pretty sure at least 90% of this board has been pleasantly surprised with Goodwin and want him to succeed. However, Goodwin is nothing more than a 4th OF, hustle and all. We clamor about Fletcher because we feel that he's a better option than La Stella and has that grit factor that everyone likes to poke fun at but we all know is a real thing.

The 1b battle between Walsh and Thaiss will be interesting to watch. Personally I think Walsh is going to have the upper hand based on his versatility.