• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

AW's golf scores

Carded a 111, but same as yesterday where I played with two ladies and hit from the reds down a stroke.

There are probably only 5 holes where there is a difference, and a few I'd rather have hit longer, to where I was giving up a stroke for 20-30 yards. Take out the penalties it's a 93, with the difference a 98.

A couple pars (then add the stroke) and two really close birdie opportunities that turned into three putts. Same thing of really nice shots, but not putting a whole hole together.

Edited by Brandon

Carded a 111, but same as yesterday where I played with two ladies and hit from the reds down a stroke.

There are probably only 5 holes where there is a difference, and a few I'd rather have hit longer, to where I was giving up a stroke for 20-30 yards. Take out the penalties it's a 93, with the difference a 98.

A couple pars (then add the stroke) and two really close birdie opportunities that turned into three putts. Same thing of really nice shots, but not putting a whole hole together.

Most complicated golf score ever!

Pretty much. 93 plus 18. My associate started playing within the past year and is going for her 20 cards to submit to the association and get a handicap. So it's weird playing with her.

Definitely tipped her. It was supposed to be a business meeting and turned into just a casual game, but I came in wired on coffee. Bought one of those Makers Mark mini's but being an associate and her not drinking there was the playful joking. When the cart girl came around again she slipped me another on the low.

• 2 weeks later...

Will you be adding to the bad reviews?

Just saw this.

Links at Summerly - 4/10

This course is right next to the Lake Elsinore Storm baseball stadium. A lot of potential here. My buddy and I picked up a 3rd on the 4th hole or so. He gave us the low down. Apparently, there was an ownership change due to bankruptcy. Anyway,  the course is under water financially, which has had tremendous impact on the quality of the course. There just flat out isn't enough green grass. The greens were okay. The layout was fantastic! Lots of very cool holes! Unfortunately, the quality of the fairways was just so poor that it really isn't too appealing to make a return trip. 

You have to have a couple rounds on the course as well if you're going to shoot a reasonable score. I mentioned hitting the ball well...but a lot of shots went into blind bunkers, a burn/creek bed, wrong sides of the fairway, etc.

2 rounds on the Big Island of Hawaii.  96 at Sea Mountain and 98 at Mauna Kea.  Mauna Kea course is absolutely awesome.  Number three is a 190 yard par 3 right over the Pacific Ocean, into the wind.

Reached it with a 5 wood. 

Edited by mtangelsfan

2 rounds on the Big Island of Hawaii.  96 at Sea Mountain and 98 at Mauna Kea.  Mauna Kea course is absolutely awesome.  Number three is a 190 yard par 3 right over the Pacific Ocean, into the wind.

Reached it with a 5 wood. 

That's a 9 iron for Tank

• 2 weeks later...

Played Oak Quarry today.

Cool course, but what a shit show. We ended up picking up during the 16th because of the heat.....late tee time because Hidden Valley was doing tournaments today.

I magically have a huge issue with my driver that I've never had before (ball coming out low and hooking) that I hope is just a tee height issue. Frustraing day dealing with it and the heat. Only good news was a par thanks to a nice one putt...actually putted pretty well outside of GIR on 3/4 par 3's but three putting them, even one where I was 5-7 feet from the hole.

Think I was at 105 parring out the final three. Need major driver and wood practice.

Think I'm going out Friday too. We will see....definitely playing a lot more now.

I'd like to grab a round or two with you again dude. Playing like shit while getting back into playing the game, but I play fast (probably part of the problem) and have a good time like last time we played.

• 3 weeks later...

Played in a scramble today. We shot 12 under. I hate scrambles.

I like scrambles just to get together with your buddies and see what you can shoot and have a few beers.  For the most part they suck because of the pencil pushers.  I put the scores on the board at my course for them for a tourney the other day.  One team had 2 on every par 5.  I don't know what kind of mulligans they were selling but must have been the kind where you drive (the cart, not the ball) to the green on par 5's and drop the ball next to the hole. 

Edited by Kurt Swanson

I like scrambles just to get together with your buddies and see what you can shoot and have a few beers.  For the most part they suck because of the pencil pushers.  I put the scores on the board at my course for them for a tourney the other day.  One team had 2 on every par 5.  I don't know what kind of mulligans they were selling but must have been the kind where you drive (the cart, not the ball) to the green on par 5's and drop the ball next to the hole. 

must have been exciting to play in the same tournament as the imperial leader of NK. only a man of his ilk could double eagle all four of the par 5's in one tournament.