• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trout 12 years/$440 million! Its done!!

NJHalo

wow -- did not hear about this until I heard it on the evening national news !

WOW - Arte is getting this done.

Look, I do not think that ANY player is worth the $450 million over 12 years or whatever it is,. But if there is such a player - his name is MIKE TROUT.

I really could not comprehend a team paying a .249 hitter (Harper) some $330 over 13 years or a guy who was acquired for a post-season run and then flopped (Machado).

all while a certain NL MVP (Yelich) is playing for $6 million a year in Milwaukee.

Oh well,.

Good news for Halo fans.

Now - us oldtimers ALL KNOW that the Cowboy - Gene Autry - would have NEVER spent this kind of money or agreed to a 12 year contract -- the Cowboy once refused to re-sign an 'average pitcher' who he could get two '8-7 pitchers' for instead,. The guy he let go went on to set a bunch of records K's , shut outs, complete games and OH YEAH SEVEN NO HITTERs -- an average pitcher named NOLAN RYAN,

oh well, past history -- tonight Angel fans are definitely singing  Trout's praises...."He's BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN - for 12 more years !"

22 minutes ago, disarcina said:

wow -- did not hear about this until I heard it on the evening national news !

WOW - Arte is getting this done.

Look, I do not think that ANY player is worth the $450 million over 12 years or whatever it is,. But if there is such a player - his name is MIKE TROUT.

I really could not comprehend a team paying a .249 hitter (Harper) some $330 over 13 years or a guy who was acquired for a post-season run and then flopped (Machado).

all while a certain NL MVP (Yelich) is playing for $6 million a year in Milwaukee.

Oh well,.

Good news for Halo fans.

Now - us oldtimers ALL KNOW that the Cowboy - Gene Autry - would have NEVER spent this kind of money or agreed to a 12 year contract -- the Cowboy once refused to re-sign an 'average pitcher' who he could get two '8-7 pitchers' for instead,. The guy he let go went on to set a bunch of records K's , shut outs, complete games and OH YEAH SEVEN NO HITTERs -- an average pitcher named NOLAN RYAN,

oh well, past history -- tonight Angel fans are definitely singing  Trout's praises...."He's BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN - for 12 more years !"

Well, that's why there was A LOT of losing during the Autry days.

1 minute ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It is a 12-year, $426.5-million deal, starting in 2019.

So is it an extension from his current 2 year deal or a totally new deal?  Did they just terminate the current 2 year deal and give him 12 years instead? Is it more or less against the payroll for this year?

Just now, beatlesrule said:

So is it an extension from his current 2 year deal or a totally new deal?  Did they just terminate the current 2 year deal and give him 12 years instead? Is it more or less against the payroll for this year?

It is a new contract. 

Basically he was going to get 66.5M for 19-20 and they added $360M and 10 years, but since it’s all one contract they can shuffle the money around in different years. 

That means the Angels luxury tax figure goes up for 19-20, which isn’t a big deal because they had plenty of room. But perhaps this explains why they wanted to keep that room. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It is a new contract. 

Basically he was going to get 66.5M for 19-20 and they added $360M and 10 years, but since it’s all one contract they can shuffle the money around in different years. 

That means the Angels luxury tax figure goes up for 19-20, which isn’t a big deal because they had plenty of room. But perhaps this explains why they wanted to keep that room. 

Okay thanks for clearing it up. I was confused all day about it.