• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels in on Moose

19HALO71

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

They have 3 guys in the mix for one spot (Ward, Rengifo and Fletcher). One of them should be able to do a reasonable job for $550K. 

If Moose drops to about $5M or so, I’d grab him. 

I'm kinda on the fence.  It wouldn't be horrible to grab him but in the end I think I'm more interested in watching the trio you mentioned.  

44 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

They have 3 guys in the mix for one spot (Ward, Rengifo and Fletcher). One of them should be able to do a reasonable job for $550K. 

If the rumor is true ... then obviously Eppler has a different opinion on money than you. There are a few teams interested in his services. 

It should be interesting to know what they’re willing to spend on money and term. 

2 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

If the rumor is true ... then obviously Eppler has a different opinion on money than you. They’re are a few teams interested in his services. 

It should be interesting to know what they’re willing to spend on money and term. 

where has it been stated that Eppler is willing to pay more than $5M?

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

Are you trolling or do you really believe that Eppler believes he could sign him for $5M or less. 

I know you’re not that stupid. 

I never stated what I believe Eppler would be willing to do. you did, however. 

15 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

then obviously Eppler has a different opinion on money than you.

where is your proof as to what Eppler is willing to pay?

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

sure it could.  If Ward, Fletcher, Rengifo, Canning, Suarez, Adell or some combo thereof show promise.  

Any effort to be made has already been done.  It's up to the players now.  

You realize none of those guys save for Fletcher are likely to see any significant time till late in the season barring injury right?  Why would they even consider starting the clock on them, especially if the team is having a down year. 
And no there is still effort that could be made, see talking to Mous or looking at Gio.  Its still over a month till opening day and all kinds of things could still happen as various roster battles take form.

42 minutes ago, RBM said:

Yes, except for the buyout. Moustakas has already made $1 M this year from the team option last year just for breathing. Sign me up.

My point is if a player has a choice of a 6M 1 year deal or a $5M deal with a $1M buyout and an option, he’s better off without the option. 

He’a guaranteed $6m in both cases but one is much better. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

I never stated what I believe Eppler would be willing to do. you did, however. 

where is your proof as to what Eppler is willing to pay?

If the rumor is true ... then that’s all the proof I need. As to what he’s willing to pay ... I think we all like to know that answer. 

I thinks he’s interested in a 2 year deal somewhere under $20M. 

18 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

If the rumor is true ... then that’s all the proof I need. As to what he’s willing to pay ... I think we all like to know that answer. 

I thinks he’s interested in a 2 year deal somewhere under $20M. 

the rumor didn't mention a dollar figure, therefore, it's all in your head. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I know Eppler said they're done. However, If a 2009 Bobby Abreu bargain basement type opportunity comes along, they should take it.

7 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

I know Eppler said they're done. However, If a 2009 Bobby Abreu bargain basement type opportunity comes along, they should take it.

It’s my belief he’s not coming at a bargain basement price but a reasonable deal could be negotiated. 

There’s plenty of ways to move money during the season. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Good point Mr. Fletcher.  As much as Moose would be a great story coming home to play, we need to figure out how the Trifecta fits in the long range plans.  Signing Moose just delays the inevitable.  If the Trifecta totally screw up, then we can look at options for 2020.

2 hours ago, RBM said:

I was being sarcastic about the extra $1 M for Moustakas. We'd all like to start off 2019 with $1 M. It's like the $1 M we're going to give Calhoun after this year, a parting bonus for a year that was unlikely to be paid out. I'm curious though, how is it much better to get it LY than this year? I'm just trying to get straight on that. If Moustakas signs this year for another $5.5 M then he actually got $6.5 M this year, an extra18%.

My point is that a team option is only good for the team. If the player outperforms his salary, the team can keep him at a discount. If he doesn’t, he gets nothing. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

You realize none of those guys save for Fletcher are likely to see any significant time till late in the season barring injury right?  Why would they even consider starting the clock on them, especially if the team is having a down year. 
And no there is still effort that could be made, see talking to Mous or looking at Gio.  Its still over a month till opening day and all kinds of things could still happen as various roster battles take form.

when was the last time we were able to bar injury?  If they're ready, they'll start their clock.  They'll definitely manage their service time but we'll see the entire crew I mentioned and maybe a few others.  

There's a fine line from saving a player for later and letting them get valuable major league experience.  

We have the 5th highest payroll.  I am fine with the effort they've made for this year.  I'd also be fine if they signed Moustakas or Gio for less than 8 or so mil for the year.  But it certainly wouldn't disappoint me if they didn't.  

9 hours ago, Taylor said:

Moose signs!

Moose_Xing_Sign_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=14824

When we went to visit my grandparents in Newfoundland one summer, we passed a moose crossing sign on the highway. My father had his picture taken beside it, because otherwise his friends at the base wouldn't believe that he had actually seen it.

I think Moose would be a great pick-up. While I have a lot of faith in our current IF prospect depth, all it takes is a break of usual Angels bad luck and we’d find ourselves relying on Wilfredo Tovar for a couple weeks. 

Moose improves our infield depth significantly by sliding a lot of guys down one peg, and if he’s cheap that’s worth it in itself. I’m not convinced Bour or LaStella will produce, Cozart is a question mark, Ohtani and Pujols are either injury prone or have murky timelines for playing time, Ward and Rengifo might not be ready, at least to produce with an impact, and Fletcher might still simply be a good UT IF.

Moose has been really steady, and given he could also play some 1B, fits all sorts of potential configurations depending on how things play out. And his midseason trade value last year was reasonable too, so he could be deadline bait if we’re out, or his presence makes it easier to consider dealing an infield prospect at the deadline if we are making a push and need pitching help, especially if things are breaking right for other infielders.

Edited by totdprods