• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Angels installed rapsodo devices!

Chuck

46 minutes ago, ettin said:

Interesting several pitchers already seeing immense value in the technology: https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-20190216-story.html

good article.  

Doug White had a little blurb in one of the ST interviews and seemed very protective of the specific info being given to pitchers.  I don't think he's gonna help everyone because some players aren't going to buy in as much as others, but for the guys he helps I think it will have a major impact. 

Here's an interesting quote from Skaggs:

“I’ve learned more in the past month than I have in the past four or five years,” left-hander Tyler Skaggs said in a January phone call. “Which is no knock on any coaches, but I’m just really excited with all the information we have now.”

If seems the stars are aligning for him.   I don't remember the exact quote, but I do remember him having some pretty luke warm comments about Scioscia.  I think now would be a great time to approach him with an offer for an extension.  He's a couple years older than Nola and Severino and one year closer to FA than either was and he hasn't been nearly as good.  Would mind seeing a deal that would include 2019 and through 2023 that would grab 3 free agent years.  This year is about 3m, next I presume would be about 6m and then maybe 7-10 m per for the next three.  Or maybe that 5th year is an option.  4/30 plus a 12m option for year 5?  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

good article.  

Doug White had a little blurb in one of the ST interviews and seemed very protective of the specific info being given to pitchers.  I don't think he's gonna help everyone because some players aren't going to buy in as much as others, but for the guys he helps I think it will have a major impact. 

Here's an interesting quote from Skaggs:

“I’ve learned more in the past month than I have in the past four or five years,” left-hander Tyler Skaggs said in a January phone call. “Which is no knock on any coaches, but I’m just really excited with all the information we have now.”

If seems the stars are aligning for him.   I don't remember the exact quote, but I do remember him having some pretty luke warm comments about Scioscia.  I think now would be a great time to approach him with an offer for an extension.  He's a couple years older than Nola and Severino and one year closer to FA than either was and he hasn't been nearly as good.  Would mind seeing a deal that would include 2019 and through 2023 that would grab 3 free agent years.  This year is about 3m, next I presume would be about 6m and then maybe 7-10 m per for the next three.  Or maybe that 5th year is an option.  4/30 plus a 12m option for year 5?  

Oh you're preaching to the choir (of one I think), my friend! :D

Would love to see a Skaggs extension!