• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels the "Mystery Team" in on Machado?

Dtwncbad

21 hours ago, DMVol said:

Beyond the fact that Machado has a sucky attitude, it's less about the age than the long term anchor these deals have on your payroll.....whether you're 26 or 32, a long term deal keeps a team from doing lots of things over a long period of time to compete.....Trout is one thing, he is the real deal all the way around, but I just wouldn't invest 300 million and close to 10 years in Harper or Machado....just my opinion....

If you wouldn't invest 10 years in someone like Machado, is there someone you would for 10 years? 

17 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

This

Josh Hamilton

So if a lady married a dude who was a known drug addict and alcoholic, and the marriage failed because the addict couldn't stay clean. . .

Should the lady just avoid marrying another addict again or avoid getting married to anyone again?

38 minutes ago, Torridd said:

If you wouldn't invest 10 years in someone like Machado, is there someone you would for 10 years? 

Trout. Mookie. Extensions for Acuna & Soto. Bregman. Lindor. Obviously, the AAV matters but the odds of them either remaining productive for the next 10 years or being big enough stars for the 1st half that you can live with the ensuing decline are pretty good.

Can someone clarify exactly why Manny Machado is apparently scary ? By my count he got into it with the Boston douches.  It takes two to tango by the way.  In the last playoffs he slid hard into 2B.  He stepped on a guys foot.  And he said he wasn’t Johnny Hustle.  Also, apparently the unforgivable sin of not legging it out fast enough to 1B on an out. 

I honestly don’t give a shit about any of that stuff.  And it’s absolutely nothing remotely near the issues that Josh Hamilton had and the Angels looked past. 

Did he beef with his Orioles team mates ? Dis he not get a long with his Dodgers team mates ? As far as I know those things were not problems.  Am I mistaken ? 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Can someone clarify exactly why Manny Machado is apparently scary ? By my count he got into it with the Boston douches.  It takes two to tango by the way.  In the last playoffs he slid hard into 2B.  He stepped on a guys foot.  And he said he wasn’t Johnny Hustle.  Also, apparently the unforgivable sin of not legging it out fast enough to 1B on an out. 

I honestly don’t give a shit about any of that stuff.  And it’s absolutely nothing remotely near the issues that’s Josh Hamilton had and the Angels looked over. 

Did he beef with his Orioles team mates ? Dis he not get a long with his Dodgers team mates ? As far as I know those things were not problems.  Am I mistaken ? 

Well he tried to injure a player in the playoffs on the biggest stage.  

He pimped a home run which should have been a double and he got a single.

He has constantly hit the catcher with the bat on his follow through and it is assumed that is purposeful.

He didn’t hustle in the World Series.  I believe that is the real version of him.  He deserves this ridicule.  If a player has a hustle problem in the post season, how in the world does that get better when you give him guaranteed money?  

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I honestly don’t give a shit about any of that stuff.  And it’s absolutely nothing remotely near the issues that Josh Hamilton had and the Angels looked past. 

Well, Jeff flat-out said on here that he wouldn't want Machado anywhere near his clubhouse and since he isn't prone to hyperbole, that's a pretty bold statement. Do you want a full decade of headaches? Do you want a bad clubhouse guy hanging around when his skills start to erode? And from a stats perspective, would you expect a non-hustler with clear attitude problems to age well? Machado MIGHT age well, he has a broad enough skill set that it's possible. But he also may very well be the kind of player who looks at his bank account and job security and decides he really doesn't need to put in 100% effort on the field, off the field, in practice, in training...That's not a huge deal if you're 24 and under team control. But if you're expecting that guy to make ~$300 mil and hang around into his mid-30's, it's an issue.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

So if a lady married a dude who was a known drug addict and alcoholic, and the marriage failed because the addict couldn't stay clean. . .

Should the lady just avoid marrying another addict again or avoid getting married to anyone again?

Ask your mom.

Sorry.  Couldn't resist.  I will be in the corner reflecting on my behavior. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

She should avoid making bad decisions based on ignoring facts. 

Like giving Machado a long term contract.