• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Spirit said:

You want to ignore the Constitution?

I’m not sure you understand what I’m saying. The House of Representatives would be absolute fools to vote to remove him from office this late in the game. “Never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake” - Joe Biden

3 minutes ago, Amazing Larry said:

I’m not sure you understand what I’m saying. The House of Representatives would be absolute fools to vote to remove him from office this late in the game. “Never interrupt your enemy when he’s making a mistake” - Joe Biden

I understand exactly what you're saying.  You want to the GOP to ignore the Constitution of the United States of America for politically expedient reasons.

The way I read it, they would need a two-thirds majority of both houses of Congress to remove Biden. That's after the Vice President and a majority of his cabinet declare him to be incapacitated.

10 minutes ago, Amazing Larry said:

If you think that Congress is bound by the Constitution to invoke the 25th you’re wrong. 

If you think all elected and appointed officials should not be using the weight of their office and platform to get this process moving, you're wrong.

But, this is America.  And I respect your right to be wrong.

46 minutes ago, Spirit said:

If you think all elected and appointed officials should not be using the weight of their office and platform to get this process moving, you're wrong.

But, this is America.  And I respect your right to be wrong.

The 25th is meant for a President who is near death or in a coma. Although it seems like Biden may be close to both of those circumstances, he's not quite there yet. Remember that what they do would set a precedent. I have no doubt that future members of Congress would abuse the Amendment against their political enemies. In other words, it would be fucking retarded to invoke the 25th right now.

20 minutes ago, Amazing Larry said:

The 25th is meant for a President who is near death or in a coma. Although it seems like Biden may be close to both of those circumstances, he's not quite there yet. Remember that what they do would set a precedent. I have no doubt that future members of Congress would abuse the Amendment against their political enemies. In other words, it would be fucking retarded to invoke the 25th right now.

It does not say that the President needs to be in a coma.  It says there needs to be a "written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office."   If you feel Biden fully able to discharge the powers and duties of his office, while battling an ever growing case of Parkinson's, well then ... nothing to see here.

On 7/12/2024 at 8:37 AM, Spirit said:

I understand exactly what you're saying.  You want to the GOP to ignore the Constitution of the United States of America for politically expedient reasons.

Your argument applies to citizens as well. All the people who didn’t vote or voted libertarian for politically expedient reasons essentially elected Biden. I don’t disagree reps are nutless cowards but our politicians are a reflections of our society. There are way to many independent or moderate citizens in a time when the left is bat shit crazy. 

5 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Your argument applies to citizens as well. All the people who didn’t vote or voted libertarian for politically expedient reasons essentially elected Biden. I don’t disagree reps are nutless cowards but our politicians are a reflections of our society. There are way to many independent or moderate citizens in a time when the left is bat shit crazy. 

How does voting for a candidate not named Donald Trump (or not voting at all) ignore the Constitution of the United States of America for politically expedient reasons?

4 minutes ago, Spirit said:

How does voting for a candidate not named Donald Trump (or not voting at all) ignore the Constitution of the United States of America for politically expedient reasons?

Because it was nothing more than a protest vote which assures the election of the least competent candidate. While their actions didn’t directly violate the constitution, the results of their actions elected a vegetable. You can argue the reps need to invoke the 25th but people had a chance to remove Biden 4 years ago. If you didn’t vote Trump you’re as guilty as any non 25th supporter  

I don’t love Trump or the 2024 platform. Grown men need to put feelings aside and do what is best for the country.   Simply participating is as unpatriotic as not voting. There may come a time for a third party but the time isn’t now. 

3 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Because it was nothing more than a protest vote which assures the election of the least competent candidate. While their actions didn’t directly violate the constitution, the results of their actions elected a vegetable. You can argue the reps need to invoke the 25th but people had a chance to remove Biden 4 years ago. If you didn’t vote Trump you’re as guilty as any non 25th supporter  

I don’t love Trump or the 2024 platform. Grown men need to put feelings aside and do what is best for the country.   Simply participating is as unpatriotic as not voting. There may come a time for a third party but the time isn’t now. 

I'm not sure you understand what "expedient" means, so let me help.  "Something done or used to achieve a particular end, usually quickly or temporarily."  If the act of voting (or not voting) doesn't fit into that definition, I don't know what does.

The "particular end" I'm looking to achieve with my vote is to break the Republican/Democrat duopoly.  I would encourage you to use your vote for whatever reasons you feel are important to you.  Or, like @Adam, stay home and don't vote at all.  But miss me with your, "if you don't vote for my guy, you're not a patriot!" argument.  If you want people to vote for your candidate, get a better one.

It's a simple matter of ROI. Like most things. 10-15 minutes of my time to fill out a ballot and take it to the mailbox then put the little red flag up (mine takes some finagling) is worth like $20-$25. I need a return on that investment if I am going to do it.

5 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I'm not sure you understand what "expedient" means, so let me help.  "Something done or used to achieve a particular end, usually quickly or temporarily."  If the act of voting (or not voting) doesn't fit into that definition, I don't know what does.

The "particular end" I'm looking to achieve with my vote is to break the Republican/Democrat duopoly.  I would encourage you to use your vote for whatever reasons you feel are important to you.  Or, like @Adam, stay home and don't vote at all.  But miss me with your, "if you don't vote for my guy, you're not a patriot!" argument.  If you want people to vote for your candidate, get a better one.

You can play word semantics all day. I don’t disagree with some of your views or have all the answers to our flawed 2 party or uniparty system. That said the country is at a crossroads and Trump is still significantly better than Biden or any 3rd party candidate. Partnering with Stalin wasn’t the ideal situation but we defeated the 25 meter target and addressed the Soviet Union at wars end. The radical left is our current 25 meter target. 

I have a lot of libertarian views. However in recent times , libertarian candidates are simply social democrats that love drugs and money. You guys nominate a morally sound small government candidate and I’ll vote for him. it’s hypocritical for people to expect rep leaders to remove Biden when they refuse to take action themselves. 

19 minutes ago, Adam said:

It's a simple matter of ROI. Like most things. 10-15 minutes of my time to fill out a ballot and take it to the mailbox then put the little red flag up (mine takes some finagling) is worth like $20-$25. I need a return on that investment if I am going to do it.

Location is everything. You can cast 50 votes in urban swing state districts for 100 bucks each. In Fulton county they’ll throw in free Popeyes and a drop box in the drive thru. 

33 minutes ago, Adam said:

No wonder libs make it to the polls en mass. Their time isn’t worth shit. 

Edited by Amazing Larry

I’m very grateful that Kotchman fought for my freedoms, that were threatened by the Iraqis of course, that allowed me to have the choice not to vote if I chose to go that route based off the choices provided. A great freedom I enjoy. Thanks Kotchman for fighting for this freedom and not calling me unpatriotic for doing so.