• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think you and I have differing opinions on what is liberal and what is conservative. I think many people now fall into some other categories that, unfortunately, exist. I don’t consider the January 6th type MAGAs as conservatives and i doubt you would consider Antifa asshats as liberals. The way I see it, the media is lopsided. Look, I don’t watch cable news because most of it is opinion and editorial stuff and that’s kind of a waste of time. Facts are rarely the focus on these programs. Add in social media and it just gets worse. 

I understand what you’re saying here but I think it’s just incorrect to label the Jan 6th movement people as not conservative.  Likewise, the antifa people are definitely on the left side of the spectrum.  Those are just realities.  But you’re right.  You and I do have different definitions of what liberals are.  I don’t really consider myself politically aligned with like - Pete Buttigieg or Joe Biden.  So much so that I don’t even like to call myself a liberal since that group completely dominates the political space to the left of American conservatism.  In fact, as I mentioned before I think that across a pretty wide range of topics I would be positioned as ideologically opposed to standard democratic party orthodoxy.  I’m not trying to do the Flop thing.  I don’t really care if you call me a liberal.  From your seat I can see why you’d say that in comparison to what you consider a conservative. 

but I’ll say it again.  I think that the American right is quite a bit more ideologically cohesive then the American left.  Which I don’t think even really exists.  I don’t think that leftist and liberal ideology can be reconciled in the US.  I don’t know if this is an issue on the right.  I don’t think it is to the same extent. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I understand what you’re saying here but I think it’s just incorrect to label the Jan 6th movement people as not conservative.  Likewise, the antifa people are definitely on the left side of the spectrum.  Those are just realities.  But you’re right.  You and I do have different definitions of what liberals are.  I don’t really consider myself politically aligned with like - Pete Buttigieg or Joe Biden.  So much so that I don’t even like to call myself a liberal since that group completely dominates the political space to the left of American conservatism.  In fact, as I mentioned before I think that across a pretty wide range of topics I would be positioned as ideologically opposed to standard democratic party orthodoxy.  I’m not trying to do the Flop thing.  I don’t really care if you call me a liberal.  From your seat I can see why you’d say that in comparison to what you consider a conservative. 

but I’ll say it again.  I think that the American right is quite a bit more ideologically cohesive then the American left.  Which I don’t think even really exists.  I don’t think that leftist and liberal ideology can be reconciled in the US.  I don’t know if this is an issue on the right.  I don’t think it is to the same extent. 

Jason isn't going to understand any of that. Try to reduce it down to something you can fit on a bumper sticker and he might kind of get it. 

19 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Jason isn't dumb.

I'm not wrong about the bumper sticker take though.

On 3/20/2022 at 9:15 AM, Jason said:

We need more government in our lives 

On 3/19/2022 at 5:57 PM, Jason said:

We need more government 

On 2/23/2022 at 5:04 PM, Jason said:

We need more government 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:40 PM, Jason said:

We need more government 

On 1/31/2022 at 3:31 PM, Jason said:

He's a good example of why we need more government in our lives 

On 9/3/2021 at 7:59 AM, Jason said:

We need more government in our lives

On 6/19/2021 at 8:13 AM, Jason said:

We need more government 

On 10/15/2020 at 10:31 AM, Jason said:

We just need more government 

EXCLUSIVE: Whistleblower who handed Hunter's abandoned laptop to congressmen and DailyMail.com reveals he has 450 gigabytes of DELETED material including 80,000 images and videos - and has fled to Switzerland fearing retaliation from White House

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10689445/Whistleblower-handed-Hunter-Bidens-laptop-congressmen-fled-Switzerland.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Jason is not wrong to hate the American government.  Which is non functioning, corrupt and completely captured by a tiny  class of monied interests.  The American government and system of government deserves contempt.   It’s unfortunate imo that he seems to buy into the idealogy that is evangelized by and wholly in service of those monied interests.  IMO he’s wrong to believe that functioning and strong public sphere isn’t a vital piece and necessary part of livable modern world.  But it doesn’t matter.  We’re all just just some dudes shooting the shit.  It truly doesn’t matter what we think lol.  

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

EXCLUSIVE: Whistleblower who handed Hunter's abandoned laptop to congressmen and DailyMail.com reveals he has 450 gigabytes of DELETED material including 80,000 images and videos - and has fled to Switzerland fearing retaliation from White House

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10689445/Whistleblower-handed-Hunter-Bidens-laptop-congressmen-fled-Switzerland.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

If the republicans do well enough in the midterms they’ll use this stuff to get rid of Biden.  

2 minutes ago, cals said:

In his own way, I’d say cramp, not crank, is probably one of the more tolerant posters here.  We all spew bullshit and he doesn’t judge and then he tell a story that’s barely relevant.  But always polite.

lol 

26 minutes ago, cals said:

And to digress, Sinclair, OAN, Fox, etc.  They are just in the business of making money on your faith.  They all probably think you’re morons. They don’t care about God or Jesus.  They care about getting you all riled up and convincing you to give them money.  

Tucker and all the rest  probably go home and fuck hookers and laugh at you guys.

You’re not wrong on the media and establishment reps hating Christians. We’re essentially the blacks of the Democrat party. That said maybe it’s luck the predominantly Christian nations have been the most blessed and shaped the world for the last 2000k years. Israel maybe got lucky and carved out some land amongst 130 million people that despise them. Faith in nothing is in fact religion. Christian aren’t perfect but we can’t condemn Christian collectively as a group and not do the same to non believers. I mean the non believers have become so indoctrinated in their worship of science they’ll fall for anything. I guess once they make the leap from life evolving from nothing it’s pretty easy to convince themselves women can be born with a penis  

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve said many times that the American nationalist right is increasingly and alarmingly militant.  The question here was whether there are liberals that view Biden as some kind of savior.  It is certainly the case that there are. 

Dems I know are not happy with Biden and how the party is going. I have never heard of this "he is a savior" ever until @Jasonmade it up. Biden isn't a cult like the Orange Enoki, trust me. 

5 minutes ago, Crampknees said:

Dems I know are not happy with Biden and how the party is going. I have never heard of this "he is a savior" ever until @Jasonmade it up. Biden isn't a cult like the Orange Enoki, trust me. 

I’ve already admitted that my word choice was not correct. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don’t think people voted for Biden. They voted against Trump.

First time I never voted for POTUS.  I guess it was a vote against Trump to sit it out. 

I used to think the old talk about term limits to weed these old fossils out we would find new younger people, then have better choices for POTUS.  That isn't proving true.  Both the younger Dems and GQP are bat shit crazy.  Now all that is left is dementia w/bat shit crazy vs. bat shit crazy who will one day have dementia. We are fucked.   

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

The problem is if you ask any conservative, every news outlet leans Democrat.

This is pretty much it.  They are told to believe that by a conservative network and then do.  Everything else but us is bad = great for profits.  

Both sides coming.......

6 hours ago, cals said:

Blarg, you understand that nobody here likes you. Right?  

What does it say that even cramp, maybe the most tolerant member of AW spent an afternoon with you and he’s still trying to deal with it emotionally, 3 years after the fact?

Thank you and I really am the most tolerant fucker you will meet. The cranky thing is me enjoying fucking with y'all.  Cals is right, when Blarg contacted me while out here I was still under long Covid and a normal me would have said oh fuck off.

Fuck off Lou too.  Me saying Fuck off Lou, 20 years and counting.