• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Kotchman said:

When was the last time a dem president spoke consistently without a teleprompter 

Presidents have been using teleprompters since at least the Reagan years. I don’t see why this is a big deal to some here. Trump would occasionally use one and he sounded worse whenever he did.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

Presidents have been using teleprompters since at least the Reagan years. I don’t see why this is a big deal to some here. Trump would occasionally use one and he sounded worse whenever he did.

There is a time and place for teleprompters. You rarely see dems without one. Trump was at his best and sometimes worst without them but i prefer someone to go off script. Obviously they need notes but the truth comes out a little more when they aren’t reading a script verbatim. 

56 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

There is a time and place for teleprompters. You rarely see dems without one. Trump was at his best and sometimes worst without them but i prefer someone to go off script. Obviously they need notes but the truth comes out a little more when they aren’t reading a script verbatim. 

What I’m saying is that it’s not a dem vs. con battle. I was at a Reagan speech where he used one. It’s not a big deal. It’s not a sign of weakness.

Biden is fueling Putin's paranoia, pushing him further away from negotiating: Former KGB agent

President Biden's perceived regime change comments are pushing Vladimir Putin further away from the negotiation table and could prompt the Russian dictator to show a greater display of force if he feels trapped "into a corner" by the West, a former KGB agent warned Monday.

"Every time our president makes a personal attack on Vladimir Putin, I cringe because Putin is paranoid," Jack Barsky said during an interview on "The Story." "In his mind now, it makes no sense to negotiate whatsoever because come peace, then he will be hunted down."

Biden on Monday attempted to clarify a comment he made over the weekend where he insisted that Putin "must not remain in power," telling reporters that he was expressing moral "outrage," and wasn't calling for a regime change in Moscow.

Barksy said Putin will perceive Biden's rhetoric as a threat nonetheless, telling host Martha MacCallum, "You can walk that statement back a hundred times. It was out."

If Biden does not tone down his rhetoric and continues to fuel the Russian leader's "paranoia," Putin will seek stronger action that could result in even deadlier consequences, the former KGB agent warned.

Putin "has maneuvered himself in such a corner that he knows he’s a pariah. So why negotiate? When somebody like that is in a corner, watch out. He might actually go to weapons that nobody wants," he said.

"The only thing that Putin has right now is to just keep on going," Barsky added. "It’s going to wind up in a quagmire. He may win the battle, but he will lose in the long-term."

Biden's job approval falls to lowest level of his presidency amid war and inflation fears

Amid Europe’s largest land war since World War II, 7 in 10 Americans expressed low confidence in President Joe Biden’s ability to deal with Russia’s invasion of Ukraine in a new NBC News poll, and 8 in 10 voiced worry that the war will increase gas prices and possibly involve nuclear weapons. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/bidens-job-approval-falls-lowest-level-presidency-war-inflation-fears-rcna21679