• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Joe Biden

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, St1ck said:

My dad was a devoted Catholic. We went to that church when they held mass at the highschool gym. We worked the fairs every year to help raise money for them to build an actual church. My dad donated $10,000 of his own money for that new church. When the news came out came about about what the church did, including our own priest it devastated him. He stopped going to church for almost 20 years after that. He never set foot in that church he helped build. So yeah make fun of my kid for going to a public school. I'd rather him do that than ever be associated with that place. 

I’m truly sorry about your dad’s and your family’s experience with the Catholic Church, but those events have nothing to do with Jesus. 

I know you probably don’t like me much and I’m probably wasting my time, but I going to put myself out there and say something and I hope you take it to heart. I’m sure others aren’t going to like what I have to say either.

The Catholic faith is full of rituals and traditions that have nothing to do with Jesus and when you put  your faith in man instead of Jesus you are certain to be let down.

Being a Christian is all about your relationship with Jesus and not all of the other “stuff.” I don’t confess my sins to a priest or pray to saints. I go directly to Jesus.

We are all sinners. God knows that and that’s why He sent His son to the cross to pay for our sins. Accepting Jesus is a choice.

People will fail us. Jesus is the same today as He ever was and He won’t change.

if you really want to know the truth, pray that God will reveal it to you and He will.

Again, I’m probably wasting my time trying to convey something on a message board, but I thought I’d give it a shot.

I know this post will be mocked, etc. and I’m not going to go back and forth about this.

The truth will set you free. You just need to ask God for discernment in seeking that truth.

You and I are very different. We probably don’t agree on much, but there is room for both of us in God’s kingdom. I’ve reserved my place there and you can too.

if you have any desire what so ever to learn the truth, I would encourage you to listen to Greg Laurie. He’s an Evangelist in So. Cal and does a terrific job of sharing the gospel in a way that’s free of all the junk…

At the end of the day, it’s your choice. I wish you all the best.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

I’m truly sorry about your dad’s and your family’s experience with the Catholic Church, but those events have nothing to do with Jesus. 

I know you probably don’t like me much and I’m probably wasting my time, but I going to put myself out there and say something and I hope you take it to heart. I’m sure others aren’t going to like what I have to say either.

The Catholic faith is full of rituals and traditions that have nothing to do with Jesus and when you put  your faith in man instead of Jesus you are certain to be let down.

Being a Christian is all about your relationship with Jesus and not all of the other “stuff.” I don’t confess my sins to a priest or pray to saints. I go directly to Jesus.

We are all sinners. God knows that and that’s why He sent His son to the cross to pay for our sins. Accepting Jesus is a choice.

People will fail us. Jesus is the same today as He ever was and He won’t change.

if you really want to know the truth, pray that God will reveal it to you and He will.

Again, I’m probably wasting my time trying to convey something on a message board, but I thought I’d give it a shot.

I know this post will be mocked, etc. and I’m not going to go back and forth about this.

The truth will set you free. You just need to ask God for discernment in seeking that truth.

You and I are very different. We probably don’t agree on much, but there is room for both of us in God’s kingdom. I’ve reserved my place there and you can too.

if you have any desire what so ever to learn the truth, I would encourage you to listen to Greg Laurie. He’s an Evangelist in So. Cal and does a terrific job of sharing the gospel in a way that’s free of all the junk…

At the end of the day, it’s your choice. I wish you all the best.

Amen!!!

Greg Laurie is my pastor. Awesome guy.

I mean I’m definitely not trying to mock anything grich said there.  It’s not what I’m doing.  He’s entitled to his thoughts and I think it’s good that his belief obviously gives him a tool to evaluate the world.  I’m sure there’s comfort there for him.  Truly, I think that’s a good thing.  I think that’s good for anyone who has faith in a religion if that’s the role it has in their lives.  But it’s obvious that he doesn’t really have a very good grasp about the catholic faith and the glaring inconsistency there with what is ostensibly a call to faith in Greg Laurie’s teachings or interpretations.  That part of it is a bit much. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I mean I’m definitely not trying to mock anything grich said there.  It’s not what I’m doing.  He’s entitled to his thoughts and I think it’s good that his belief obviously gives him a tool to evaluate the world.  I’m sure there’s comfort there for him.  Truly, I think that’s a good thing.  I think that’s good for anyone who has faith in a religion if that’s the role it has in their lives.  But it’s obvious that he doesn’t really have a very good grasp about the catholic faith and the glaring inconsistency there with what is ostensibly a call to faith in Greg Laurie’s teachings or interpretations.  That part of it is a bit much. 

Yes I’m not a fan of big institutions of mega churches. Like government the more they grow the more corruption becomes a problem. My biggest problem is the non believers are their own religion and don’t accept the crimes committed by their flock. It’s proof their issue is more about the church’s hypocrisy rather than the atrocities committed on either side 

I think it’s a fair observation that there are atheists or agnostics who manage to turn their lack of faith into its own kind of dogmatic thing.  What it ends up resembling is just more religion.  I find that puzzling.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

I know it is fruitless to tackle something this deep on a message board…

I know non believers are going to find something I say to try and discredit what I’m saying to make them feel better about their own position. I get it. Just pick one thing. Pick several.  Whatever.

What Greg Laurie is teaching is fundamentally different from what the Catholic Church is teaching and is more aligned with the actual gospel. That’s a bigger discussion than what I can have on a message board. He himself is just a man. He has his own flaws. I’m not putting my “faith” in him per say. Like I said earlier, you need to have discernment. 

Greg Laurie’s primary message is almost always about salvation. I have heard the truth enough to know that what he is saying is true not because I have faith in him, but because I have faith in the gospel and can discern the truth. You need to hear it from someone…

Im just sharing the message - what you choose to do with it is entirely up to you.

I don't believe in anything. Not athiest or agnostic. I just don't care or think about it. 

Believe in what you want. Faith is important to millions of people (well, billions) and an individual's faith shouldn't be looked down upon or ridiculed IMO.

But the bad shit should also get called out, like st1ck's post. 

Edited by tdawg87

Last thing from me. 

I am not here to try and win an argument or convince anyone of anything. I’m just sharing what I believe to be true.

I’m truly sorry about what happened to stick and his family. I understand how hearts can be hardened.

17 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I know it is fruitless to tackle something this deep on a message board…

I know non believers are going to find something I say to try and discredit what I’m saying to make them feel better about their own position. I get it. Just pick one thing. Pick several.  Whatever.

What Greg Laurie is teaching is fundamentally different from what the Catholic Church is teaching and is more aligned with the actual gospel. That’s a bigger discussion than what I can have on a message board. He himself is just a man. He has his own flaws. I’m not putting my “faith” in him per say. Like I said earlier, you need to have discernment. 

Greg Laurie’s primary message is almost always about salvation. I have heard the truth enough to know that what he is saying is true not because I have faith in him, but because I have faith in the gospel and can discern the truth. You need to hear it from someone…

Im just sharing the message - what you choose to do with it is entirely up to you.

You understand that absolutely foundational concepts of all Christian faith were developed by catholic theologians ?  It’s remarkable to me that you’re this blasé basically dismissing Catholic interpretations (seems that way) and absolutely asserting yours.  Anyway, I’m not going to get into this. I think you’re coming from a good place and that’s good at least. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't believe in anything. Not athiest or agnostic. I just don't care or think about it. 

Believe in what you want. Faith is important to millions of people (well, billions) and an individual's faith shouldn't be looked down upon or ridiculed IMO.

But the bad shit should also get called out, like st1ck's post. 

You probably think this is you being stupid but I think it’s reasonable and wise. 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

I'll just leave this here and be on my way. Hope you have a nice Saturday. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-03-26/mission-viejo-drama-teacher-husband-sex-abuse-lawsuit

Lou, once again you are being the only rational and unemotional voice on here. Anything connected even remotely to religion seems to turn some people crazy.

5 hours ago, St1ck said:

Shit talking about each other is fine. One thing I've never done is talk shit on your family. In less than 24 hours you made comments about my son and called my dad a retard. 

You talk shit on religion constantly, but when someone questions one of your life choices, it's apparently out of line.

Everything has it's good and it's bad. Humans are imperfect and prone to corruption. There are no human institutions that will not be infiltrated with that same human corruption. Be it church, school, work, politics, they all have the same fundamental weaknesses, and putting your faith in an individual is no less fruitless than an institution. At the same time we are social creatures who evolved to function within a community, and require communities to thrive. What we must do is evaluate everything and everyone we choose to associate with on a pros/cons basis and make our decisions with our eyes opened. Dismissing things entirely out of hand based on association is how you make poor decisions.