• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Yusei Kikuchi attended the same high school as Shohei Ohtani

Chuck

@Jeff Fletcher

how does the payment of the posting fee work?  can you pay it off over time like 10 yrs or even 5?  or is it a lump sum check?  

and since Kikuchi qualifies as a free agent, does he still become arb eligible after 3 years?  We've seen it where guys sign deals but then can opt into arb if they think it will end up being higher than their fixed amount.  

This seems like an obvious primary target for us.  Would love to get him on a deal similar to Maeda with lots of incentives but I think he'll get a more conventional deal.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

@Jeff Fletcher

how does the payment of the posting fee work?  can you pay it off over time like 10 yrs or even 5?  or is it a lump sum check?  

and since Kikuchi qualifies as a free agent, does he still become arb eligible after 3 years?  We've seen it where guys sign deals but then can opt into arb if they think it will end up being higher than their fixed amount.  

This seems like an obvious primary target for us.  Would love to get him on a deal similar to Maeda with lots of incentives but I think he'll get a more conventional deal.  

I am pretty sure the posting fee is paid all at once.

And you're right, since he's over 25 he's exactly like any major league free agent.

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Looks like the Japanese version of Jimmy Key or Joe Saunders eh?

I think he throws low to mid nineties and according to some can actually crank it up beyond that.  

He's the Japanese version of what we want Skaggs to be.  

I feel like having Ohtani either gives us the inside track on this guy or it completely negates our ability to get him.  

The other thing to consider is that he'll likely get a contract of 4/60 plus the 25m for posting.  That ain't chump change.  

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I think he throws low to mid nineties and according to some can actually crank it up beyond that.  

He's the Japanese version of what we want Skaggs to be.  

I feel like having Ohtani either gives us the inside track on this guy or it completely negates our ability to get him.  

The other thing to consider is that he'll likely get a contract of 4/60 plus the 25m for posting.  That ain't chump change.  

If you had to pick between Eovaldi and Kikuchi for 4/60 plus the posting fee for Kikuchi, who would you rather have?  Assuming of course both wanted to play here for that contract. 

5 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

If you had to pick between Eovaldi and Kikuchi for 4/60 plus the posting fee for Kikuchi, who would you rather have?  Assuming of course both wanted to play here for that contract. 

I think the Angels need to land two starters, so both. 

You cannot go into the season with an inconsistent Heaney, oft-inuried and inconsistent Skaggs, plus a sophomore in Barria and a bunch of what IF's. The Angels need some quality innings of starters that can go deep into games. Would really like Corbin, but I think he wants to sign in New York. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

You cannot go into the season with an inconsistent Heaney, oft-inuried and inconsistent Skaggs, plus a sophomore in Barria and a bunch of what IF's. The Angels need some quality innings of starters that can go deep into games. Would really like Corbin, but I think he wants to sign in New York. 

If we sign both though that eats up all 30 mil we have to spend this off season.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Great post. My feelings exactly. We need two starting pitchers.

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

That's not our problem. Arte & Eppler need to either get real creative with trades and FA signings, or just go all in and over the luxury tax. 

And keep enough of the key prospects here.   Not all of them, like Stoneman did, and not none of them, like Dipoto did; but a mix of trading them in the right deal(s) and keeping the others.