• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I basically expect the Angels to sign Kikuchi and Ramos.  

Kikuchi isn't expected to meet with interested teams until next week in LA anyway.  If the Angels do sign him, that's looking like it's still a couple weeks away anyway.  But I agree, I anticipate the Angels signing Yusei Kikuchi.  They make the most sense.  

But then again, things that make sense rarely ever happen, so that probably means it won't happen, which would suck because Kikuchi seems like he's going to be really good and make significantly less than other pitchers that he's younger than and will outperform. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/angelsbaseball/comments/a5ifl1/justin_bour_to_the_angels/

Someone on the Angels Reddit board appears to have a source...I noticed this was posted earlier, but I didn't bother posting it here because like...it was obvious BS. But, this was several hours before the announcement was made, and this is the only time I saw anyone making that link - and it was posted the same day the announcement was made. I'll be watching this user like a hawk from now on.

4 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Why? He obviously made a change mechanically that made him more successful.

It's not an over reaction when pretty much every good option keeps flying off the board while Eppler sits on his hands.

Come on, man. Not everyone wants to come to Anaheim. If a FA signs elsewhere it's not because our GM was twiddling his thumbs or playing on the company Xbox.

25 minutes ago, popo85 said:

They still have 30 mill so it should be possible

Ramos 10

Kikuchi 8  or Kechel 15 or Gio 10

would leave enough for a RP

I also want to see Sonny Gray. He’s 9. Ramos 10. Gonzalez 10 and then they’re right there but Keuchel would make it 38

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Happ is expected to be guaranteed between $34MM and $35MM, per Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports (via Twitter), with Sherman putting it at the former price (Twitter link) and adding that the option year will be valued at $17MM.

That's a pretty strong offer, no wonder he took it.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Come on, man. Not everyone wants to come to Anaheim. If a FA signs elsewhere it's not because our GM was twiddling his thumbs or playing on the company Xbox.

You're not wrong. It's just annoying seeing all these good fits end up elsewhere when we haven't done much so far.