• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

20 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I still like Matt Harvey.  Probably can get him cheapish.  He’s still fairly young.  He has a lot of upside.  Lance Lynn is a pretty good target as well.  Top of my pitching list is Kikuchi. 

I wouldn't mind 2 of the pitchers you mentioned.  I would even add Sanchez as a target as well.  Gray would be a good target if we trade for a SP.

As I indicated in the Primer Series, there are good options in trade. Just because we do not sign a free agent starter does not mean we are not active. FA market has to shake out a bit before trades happen.

Some of you want your Christmas Eve gift early.

16 minutes ago, Second Base said:

It's hard to believe Eppler wasn't willing to outbid the Rays and go 2 years and 30 million for Morton.  That's an awesome freakin' deal for both sides. 

Well if that’s what he’s getting what do you think some of the other guys will get ? I read this as a positive for the Angels.  Wasn’t that interested in Morton anyway.  I think some of these pitchers will be had on nice deals for the clubs that sign them. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

25 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Another quality option off the board.....this is getting a little ridiculous.  I trust Eppler, but this time he's taking is bordering on "ill-advised". 

All signs indicate he’s trying, but we just don’t match up well with these FAs. A lot either have had irresponsible financial demands or obvious location preference that simply doesn’t align with what the Angels are offering. 

It’s why the Machado/Harper buzz carries some weight with me. They may not be the best fits for our need or budgets but at the end of it all, may be the ones most willing to sign.

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Who the hell would want to play in TB? Not exactly an attractive situation there.

Charlie and his wife met and became involved in a lot of charity work when he was with the Pirates, who have ST close to Tampa in Bradenton.

Could just be that they like it there and he had more of an East Coast preference. 

4 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Charlie Morton would have been an AMAZING option at that deal, what the F*ck. I was under the impression he didn't want to leave Houston.

His average FB velo was a career high last year, 10.8 K/9...what...the...F*ck.

This should scare you....

Over-reaction for a non piece for us.  

17 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

Expect Morton to regress.  I think he will be closer to the 4.15 ERA guy than the 3.13 guy in Houston.  

+1

Something causes pitchers to succeed more in Houston, than elsewhere, and it seems to go beyond just them being a really good team.   Pitchers undergo ridiculous improvement there.   Cole, Morton, Fiers, and even Verlander 

1 minute ago, Angel Oracle said:

+1

Something causes pitchers to succeed more in Houston, than elsewhere, and it seems to go beyond just them being a really good team.   Pitchers undergo ridiculous improvement there.   Cole, Morton, Fiers, and even Verlander 

Verlander has lowered his ERA by almost a run in the last 1-1/2 years and posted a career best in K's and WHIP.

3 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

+1

Good thing we poached someone from their pitching staff. Wouldn’t be against bringing Maldonado back for this same reason, in case he was able to pick up anything in his time there.